• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] So....What controller do you use?

What controller do you use?

• Total voters

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just kinda blend the two.

I either have the same config as Wave or something similar, but I've been using my controller scheme and etc for like three years.

The only issue I possibly have with the CCP is the latency issue that is with the wiimotes. Literally nothing else.
Yaaaay, Zelgadis plays Smash the same way as me! I'm so happy I could hug an idiot swordsman! ;u;

Zel, pass me the "Gourry", please. ¦D

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Ahhh, I grew up with Nintendo, not Sony. The first D-pad I ever used was the SNES one
Fun fact: All of Sony's controllers are based on the SNES controller because PS1 was originally planned as an add on for the SNES, but was canned, thus leading Sony to developing their own console,

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
elaborate please
Short hop seems easier for me on wiichuck, the button doesn't seem as hard to press. I can use 1 finger for wavedashing on wiichuck which is 12X's easier for me than it is on GCC. I don't like having to throw my thumb so far downwards to flick the c-stick on GCC. I also enjoy the freedom wiichuck has with being a 2-piece controller, allowing my hands to have more mobility while playing. (ex. being able to scratch my head mid-play)

The only thing I don't like about wiichuck is the taunt buttons being so low. If only I could set the (-) button on the wiimote to taunt, my life would be complete.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Yeah, it's not like changing "attack" on your controller from A to B changes the "accept" button from A to B. Menu navigation is the same.
Its the same? i distinctly remember it changing all inputs when you messed with the controller scheme (menu and battles)

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Short hop seems easier for me on wiichuck, the button doesn't seem as hard to press. I can use 1 finger for wavedashing on wiichuck which is 12X's easier for me than it is on GCC. I don't like having to throw my thumb so far downwards to flick the c-stick on GCC. I also enjoy the freedom wiichuck has with being a 2-piece controller, allowing my hands to have more mobility while playing. (ex. being able to scratch my head mid-play)

The only thing I don't like about wiichuck is the taunt buttons being so low. If only I could set the (-) button on the wiimote to taunt, my life would be complete.
I've had a big problem with not being able to scratch my head during a match as well, nunchuck here i come!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Fun fact: All of Sony's controllers are based on the SNES controller because PS1 was originally planned as an add on for the SNES, but was canned, thus leading Sony to developing their own console,
Yep! (That may also be why Sony, in the past, has so often blatantly ripped off Nintendo.)

Its the same? i distinctly remember it changing all inputs when you messed with the controller scheme (menu and battles)
Then you cray-cray. It doesn't change menu navigation at all.

Has anyone ever used this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iveASIN=B009O3WU0W&linkCode=as2&tag=6aming-20

essentially its a CCP in a wiiu pro controller costume right?
It's horrible. Trust me, don't buy it. The stick was always detecting I was pushing up, no matter how often I reconnected it. It often disconnected when swapping from Wii U to Wii mode, and even upon entering a game. The buttons were sticky and tough to press, the D-pad was horrible, and the clicky stick buttons were permanently mapped to, like, attack and jump or something. Which was terrible because since the CCP doesn't have clicky sticks, Brawl didn't have an option to remap them. And that was made even worse because they were incredibly easy to click while using the sticks for normal movement.

It's a horrendous controller. Stay away from it.

#TeamWiiChuck
My friend plays with the Wiichuk! She'll be glad to know she's not alone.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Yep! (That may also be why Sony, in the past, has so often blatantly ripped off Nintendo.)

Then you cray-cray. It doesn't change menu navigation at all.

It's horrible. Trust me, don't buy it. The stick was always detecting I was pushing up, no matter how often I reconnected it. It often disconnected when swapping from Wii U to Wii mode, and even upon entering a game. The buttons were sticky and tough to press, the D-pad was horrible, and the clicky stick buttons were permanently mapped to, like, attack and jump or something. Which was terrible because since the CCP doesn't have clicky sticks, Brawl didn't have an option to remap them. And that was made even worse because they were incredibly easy to click while using the sticks for normal movement.

It's a horrendous controller. Stay away from it.

My friend plays with the Wiichuk! She'll be glad to know she's not alone.
Thanks for the tip on the horrendous controller. If i ever see anyone using it one ill.... slowly walk up to them mid match, bend down and whisper "...No." in their ear. Then ill lick my finger and stick it in their mouth.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Thanks for the tip on the horrendous controller. If i ever see anyone using it one ill.... slowly walk up to them mid match, bend down slowly and whisper "...No." in their ear. Then ill lick my finger and stick it in their mouth.
I...uh, I don't know if I can condone that behavior.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
No need to try to start a flame war, just stating facts, personally I'm a huge fan of both of them.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
No need to try to start a flame war, just stating facts, personally I'm a huge fan of both of them.
I'm not trying to. I like Sony too. But they do steal a lot of Nintendo's ideas, or at least they used to. But at least when they do it, they do it decently or even better sometimes, as opposed to Microsoft, who does it really poorly.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Who doesn't use an gcc, thats the better question.
People who play on Wii U, or people who prefer other controllers?

Seriously, when Smash 4 comes out and none of the people who can only use the GCN controller can play the game because they didn't prepare for using the diamond layout, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Who doesn't use an gcc, thats the better question.
You should probably go back and read my posts on the previous page, as well as a few other peoples. XD

Not everyone here likes or uses the GCC or think it's absolute perfection. :3

Seriously, when Smash 4 comes out and none of the people who can only use the GCN controller can play the game because they didn't prepare for using the diamond layout, I'm gonna laugh my *** off.
Well there are already adapters to use the GCC with a Wiimote by having it be detected as a Classic Controller, so I don't think they should have to worry about that.

Unless Smash 4 somehow can't detect the adapters. Then they're S.O.L.

himemiya

Smash Lord

Seriously, when Smash 4 comes out and none of the people who can only use the GCN controller can play the game because they didn't prepare for using the diamond layout, I'm gonna laugh my *** off.
Adapters/emulators, who would want a wiiu anyways (it sucks lmao).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well there are already adapters to use the GCC with a Wiimote by having it be detected as a Classic Controller, so I don't think they should have to worry about that.

Unless Smash 4 somehow can't detect the adapters. Then they're S.O.L.
But the adapter is apparently pretty bad, from what I hear. I wouldn't put my faith in it.

Adapters/emulators, who would want a wiiu anyways (it sucks lmao).
Oh yeah? Have you used one? Why does it suck?

Good luck getting a Wii U emulator, by the way. And the adapters really aren't very good.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'm not trying to. I like Sony too. But they do steal a lot of Nintendo's ideas, or at least they used to. But at least when they do it, they do it decently or even better sometimes, as opposed to Microsoft, who does it really poorly.
I would disagree with that, give me some examples of things Sony has ripped of from Nintendo.

himemiya

Smash Lord
But the adapter is apparently pretty bad, from what I hear. I wouldn't put my faith in it.

Good luck getting a Wii U emulator, by the way. And the adapters really aren't very good.
Wait a minute, just noticed your location says seattle wa. Lets meet up for smash!!!!!(cd)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I would disagree with that, give me some examples of things Sony has ripped of from Nintendo.
The Move. Vita as second screen/off-TV play. The button layout and D-pad. Analog sticks on controllers. Rumble. PSASBR.

Wait a minute, just noticed your location says seattle wa. Lets meet up for smash!!!!!(cd)
Nah, I'm good. You didn't answer my questions.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
The Move. Vita as second screen/off-TV play. The button layout and D-pad. Analog sticks on controllers. Rumble. PSASBR.

Nah, I'm good. You didn't answer my questions.
Sega was actually the first company to do motion gaming, but Sony did it before Nintendo because the PS2 had the Eye Toy, the Vita came out before the Wii U, and for that matter the PSP had remote play as well, joysticks have been around since the arcade, so the only thing Nintendo actually did first out of all those was rumble and even then the N64 rumble pak came out only a few months before the DualShock so they were probably in development at the same time, and Sony was the first one to have it built into their controller.

Edit: Also as for PS-All Stars, if you think Nintendo was the first company to make a party fighter, you are sorely mistaken.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

I really think nintendo, mayflash, or madcatz will release a GCC styled Wii U pro controller within the smash 4 release time frame.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Im using the adapter on my wiiu for PM, its perfect.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Nintendo also pretty much invented character-based side-scrolling platformers. Better break out the pitchforks and torches against 90% of the industry for ripping them off as well.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Put your flames away everyone, this debate will go on endlessly. I dont care about anything cept logging every smashboards user P:M controller!

210stuna

Smash Lord
I use my entire body and form into a ball of energy to control the controller that way.

Which controller might that be you ask?

Every controller.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I use my entire body and form into a ball of energy to control the controller that way.

Which controller might that be you ask?

Every controller.

....so you've finally done it. You've ascended past the level of smasher and have become the first super smasher in more than 1,000 years. I've feared this day for as long as i can remember... the day when I met the one who keeps all of his controllers inside himself by sheer force of will and relentless training, day in and day out. I just have one question for you:

How did you stuff 'em all in there?!

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I would feel sick to my stomach if I ever saw anything with anything but a 1st party gc controller.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sega was actually the first company to do motion gaming, but Sony did it before Nintendo because the PS2 had the Eye Toy
Really? Did SEGA do motion before the Power Glove? And even if so, Nintendo still did motion before Sony, so your point in this debate is moot.

the Vita came out before the Wii U, and for that matter the PSP had remote play as well
The Vita came out first, but it wasn't until the Wii U was announced that they talked about its second-screen capabilities. Nevertheless, the GameCube did second (and up to fifth) screen gaming, so no.

joysticks have been around since the arcade
And Nintendo put them in a home console first.

so the only thing Nintendo actually did first out of all those was rumble and even then the N64 rumble pak came out only a few months before the DualShock so they were probably in development at the same time, and Sony was the first one to have it built into their controller.
Your point? They still did it first.

Edit: Also as for PS-All Stars, if you think Nintendo was the first company to make a party fighter, you are sorely mistaken.
Nah, but they were the first to make one with an all-star cast of their characters, to the best of my knowledge.

Feel free to continue this debate in PMs if you care. I really don't though.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Really? Did SEGA do motion before the Power Glove? And even if so, Nintendo still did motion before Sony, so your point in this debate is moot.

The Vita came out first, but it wasn't until the Wii U was announced that they talked about its second-screen capabilities. Nevertheless, the GameCube did second (and up to fifth) screen gaming, so no.

And Nintendo put them in a home console first.

Your point? They still did it first.

Nah, but they were the first to make one with an all-star cast of their characters, to the best of my knowledge.

Feel free to continue this debate in PMs if you care. I really don't though.
The Power Glove is not a motion controller, the GBA to Gamecube is not offscreen play, every game it's compatible with must still be displayed on a TV, my point about Rumble is that they came out so close to each other that there's no conceivable way Sony could've "blatantly ripped it off," and pretty much every party fighter has an all-star cast, that's the whole point of the genre.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
CCP, with the following controls:
Joystick: Move (obviously)
Front L, X, A: Jump
B: Attack
Y: Special
Back L, Front R: Shield
Back R: Grab
C-Stick: Smash Attack
Pad: Respective Taunts

Yeah, I have really weird controls. e_e

karthe22

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, just moved into Seattle recently and looking for some people to play smash with. Anyoneee?

Top Bottom