• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #6 - What New Aspect Of SSBR Is Most Important To You?

What New Aspect Of SSBR Is Most Important To You?

• Extensive single-player mode - a full length game in its own!

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • A ton more extras (i.e. Break the Targets / Homerun Contest / Coin Mode)

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Stick with the basics; more stages and more characters, kudasai!

Votes: 141 34.4%
  • It's all about the online play, baby!

Votes: 203 49.5%
  • I'm the black sheep in the group - give me 3x as many items!

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I'm good w/ whateva

Votes: 37 9.0%

• Total voters

Vegard

Smash Lord
I'd vote for more characters and stages, but SSB online is ... too good. But lagging would be an issue :/ You can't play smash when it's lagging.

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
the online play is most important to me, but the secondmost would certainly have to be the stick to the basics

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
I'd love just more chars and more stages.. although online would be cool... so you can fight your friends from your own house.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Replacement100 said:
I'd love just more chars and more stages.. although online would be cool... so you can fight your friends from your own house.
I think looking forward to on-line play seems like a waste if you're just doing it to play your friends. Granted my friends live between 10 and 25 kilometres (I dunno thats like 8- 20 miles or something) away from my house but I still get to play them often and It seems like it would be infinately more fun when you are actually there so you can laugh and trash talk and punch them when they hit a tippered Marth Fsmash on your peach @ 50% on Yoshi's Story ><

For me on-line play is all about getting better. My opportunity to attend tournaments is very low so on-line play should greatly improve my game due to the factI can play against tougher challenes then my local competetors can offer.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
online play!

so then people can hold online tournaments, and everyone will be able to vs others in different countries without spending so much money on the flight there.

darque27

Smash Rookie
i would just say new and a little more stuff (chars and stages) cause online may just be a little to laggy, but still fun i guess. A good way to play with friends without having to go outside (i hate natural light ^_^)

GaMiN

Smash Apprentice
I'd buy SSBR if it were the same exact game with online play. :chuckle:

Actually, I heard that not many programmers were hired for SSBR, so maybe that means a lot of the code will be similiar?

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
GaMiN said:
I'd buy SSBR if it were the same exact game with online play. :chuckle:

Actually, I heard that not many programmers were hired for SSBR, so maybe that means a lot of the code will be similiar?
That seems like it might work. Hopefully anyways. Smash Bros in like a 3D environment- even the idea seems horrible.

Anways I'd be very interested to know where you got that information...

fjugin

Smash Rookie
to me one of the most important think wouold be to try to balance the characters. There are a way to big gap between top and bottom tiers..

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I would love for the team to stick to the basics and improve on characters and stages mostly. They are very fun, but sometimes I get sick of 6 neutral stages and everyone using high tier characters. Although I wish I could have voted for more than one thing (like I want more extras for sure), this I think stood out for me a bit more than the rest.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Hey, I just found out I can edit the poll options! Including how many people vote for what...that might come in handy someday...^_<

GaMiN

Smash Apprentice
Digamma said:
That seems like it might work. Hopefully anyways. Smash Bros in like a 3D environment- even the idea seems horrible.

Anways I'd be very interested to know where you got that information...
I remember someone posting it on NSider a while back. I just did some searching and I can't seem to find it again... actually, I found info that the development team has 50 people. :dizzy:

Metà

Smash Master
I was thinking about going with the essentials like more stages, characters, or items, but then I remembered that the only time I ever get to better my playing by battling pros is at Smashfests and tourneys. I went with online play.

:lick:

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I really want online play but I'm just a little worried about the thought of really big glitches such as the ones that have happend with Halo.

Marthmaster_X

Smash Rookie
If we're gonna pay $500+ for the system and God knows how much for the game, they better add chars, online, and stages. I mean, we want what we pay for. Just online play isn't worth $500+ dollars. And like that one guy said, they better keep wavedashing. They honestly, should add Boo as a character. That would be AWESOME! The controller has me worried. Can we really be as good as we are now with a DirecTV remote?

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the suggested retail price already announced as around $100?
Maybe that was just a rumour though. I'm sure someone will clear this up...

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
All they said was less than 300, so when you make ******** assumptions, be sure to check them with facts. Or you can do an asterisk after every ******** assumption and then have an asterisk down at the bottom with the words 'This is a lie' next to it.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Don't complain to me about it, justs just how I heard it. I even went so far as to say: This might have just been a rumour. Thanks for clearing that up... '-.-

I like the asterisk idea though.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Oh, you're OK, man. I like you well enough. There's tonnes of rumors about prices that low!

I was pissed at the 500 dollar ******* (alliteration ftw!) because that likens Nintendo to SONY!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Wow, so no one wanted to vote for items, eh? Too bad. Well, time to make a new one...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My biggest worry is that it will got the way of halo 2.

Instead of Smash being the fast paced awesome game it is now, they slow it down, make hitboxes bigger, and give you more "leeway" to compensate for lag.

This would make face-to-face play horrid, and online play be all about the host.

I'd rather have sub-par online play than sub-par face-to-face play. :(

*crosses fingers*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
When given the option of making a game more in depth and more strategic over online play. I'll always choose more depth and stratigic.

Voted for more characters and stages.

DSGamer3002

Smash Rookie
The online play is all I'm looking forward too. I can't wait to actually play other people in SSBB. I don't have many friends where I live that play SSBM, so finally getting to play other smashers will be fun. :)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, online play is definitely what I've been hoping for. That'd be amazing if they had online play...I'd never leave my room though.

Kenuru

Smash Rookie
Extensive 1-player mode, since I hardly have challengers around my area, let alone a challenge. =P So yeah, I'll probably be playing 1-player mode for the longest time, trying to unlock everything at once before taking on other people.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
online play is good and all but...I'd rather take more characters and stages so that I wouldn't get bored and would have a variety of choices to choose from.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Its gotta be online play. As long as they dont completely ruin the physics of the game (which I couldnt imagine they would do), then the online play is the most important to me. You can compete with other l33t players, or just learn the basics at ANY TIME. If the game is basically the same, and the online is set up correctly (easily accessible, easy to get in and out of games etc.) then there is a great possibility I will fail out of college.

Top Bottom