• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #5 - How Many Characters Will Be In SSB3?

How Many Characters Will Be In SSB3?

• 25-28

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • 29-32

Votes: 42 7.3%
  • 33-36

Votes: 110 19.1%
  • 37-40

Votes: 144 25.0%
  • 43-46

Votes: 56 9.7%
  • 47-50

Votes: 43 7.5%
  • 50+

Votes: 66 11.5%
  • I have no clue, I'll be happy with whatever

Votes: 92 16.0%

• Total voters

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I would like everybody to know that it TOTALLY goes against the SSBT (Super Smash Brotheres Theory) for there to be characters that are not a part of Nintendo's past. That means no Sonic, no Megaman, nothing like that. Only games that are ONLY for Nintendo will have characters in there. That said, I'm thinking that these characters will make it in:

Meta Knight

One of the Koopa Kids

Koopa Troopa

Paratroopa

Toad

Ganon as a CPU Boss

Mew

Legendary Pokemon as CPU Bosses

Dixie Kong

Shyguy

Bob-ombs after you get killed in special matches (Like in Mario Kart)

Paper Mario

Mr. Saturn - they will take the item out. No, I take that back. THey might leave it in. Who knows? Nintendo is creative.

2 things from realllllly old Nintendo Games - maybe one of those robots. Definitely a robot, actually, the trophies gave it away. THey're having robots.

Robots as CPU Bosses

A Giant/Giga Every Character as CPU Boss.

Something firey and cool.

I think there will be somewhere between 37 and 40 characters. And Vasilicus, I think that some of the characters you mentioned would be nice additions to the game.

t3hEagleeye

Smash Rookie
F8X said:
I think there will be about 38 but I HOPE they are all good characters, i mean who wants to play as someone from animal crossing
thats actually a really good point. I voted for like around 30 simply because if you notice the trend with all these characters u see that all of them are exclusve nintendo chars. so basically theres wario and waluigi to be added. but if they broke this form the game would be a little less pure but im sure sonic and mega man would make an apperance along with viewtiful joe

Sh3iK

Smash Rookie
I don't think viewtiful Joe would make it in because they let PS2 buy the right to publish the game. And i think too many characters would be too much to handle, i mean, there would be about a clone for every character, and too many game plans to create. But i'd definitely like to see some cool characters in the game like Isaac from GS and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. and another thing wrong with that game screen the person before my last post had posted is that i'd expect mario and luigi and such to be at the top.

Mastr_Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.... I wouldn't want to many characters in the new one. No more than 40.

My reason being that I haven't even mastered all the characters in this smash brothers...I don't think I have really "mastered" anyone of them except maybe marth. Take that back I still can't double fair in a sh consistently.

Anyways, I think there is enough characters as it is.

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
yea i think 37-40 bracket is perfect...anything after is just out of control, they should save some for SSB 4 hahaha

ak47

Smash Journeyman
i saw 14 or 10 more charaters tops theres not that many characters left that every one will recognize so why put those characters in.

but 30 or more will be the size of the bracket im guessing.

fox masta

Smash Cadet
i think they really need to add: conker, young link/link with fierce diety's mask, goran, deku, zora, megaman, zero, and mew

seshun

Smash Apprentice
I always thought there should be a king D.D.D (kirby boss), skull kid wearing majoras mask, and star wolf. :)

anythingbutnebraskan

Smash Rookie
I'd say it's either gonna be a few more.. cause they ran out of ideas.. or WAY more because they want to go all out with the Rev. Either way.. ehh.. it'll be good.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Well it is not known for sure how many characters exactly there will be on SSBR or what characters to be exact, but its a good guess there will be a lot, much of the games may be expanded on so many characters are likely.

theaftermath

Smash Cadet
i voted 37-40, the more characters the better, and they would have had the time to buy the licenses for new characters when they began SSB3. actually having sonic and tails in it would be cool... lol!

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
well while playing Halo 2 (which has nothing to do with this lol) some idiot told me 150 O.o. I was thinking that sounds like bs, but at the sametime if they used every character in every game minor or major its possible especially with the variety of pokemon, enemies on metroid (plus bounty hunters coming out on Hunters), donkey kong, and mario games. But still i find that to be an idiotic idea so maybe 50-60?

Cegi

Smash Rookie
At least 40. I mean, Nintento went so far as to open up a toatlly new building with a group of about 50 developers all working on/towards, the creation of SSBR. 50 people working on one game, is an insane amount, average is somewhere between 10-20 i believe, though i could be wrong.

Jakob

Smash Cadet
I think it will be about 40. I hope they don´t make too many "clones" like Link and Y-link. I know that it is big differenses between the similar characers but it would be more fun with new and different characers.

Luiginater

Smash Apprentice
Jakob said:
I think it will be about 40. I hope they don´t make too many "clones" like Link and Y-link. I know that it is big differenses between the similar characers but it would be more fun with new and different characers.

I think it will be aroundm 40 too

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai* (don't know how to spel XD) has already said that there will be over fourty chars!
he said so himself

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I'm going to say somewhere between 37-40. With characters being dropped and some just being luigified and a few more newcomers entering the fray I'd suspect it'll be somewhere around that amount.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
That is good amount characters to play with but I would prefer if the doubled the amount from SSBM. There should be 50 characters so that will keep us busy for a long @$$ time lol.

I

i8waffles612

i was expecting like 35-50.. since they didnt have that i just put whatever!!

Top Bottom