• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

mm_coady

Smash Rookie
I think purism in regards to just nintendo characters would only limit the game. Lets face it, nintendo would use only nintendo chars in if they could, but the fishing pool is starting to dry up. If they dont put any outside characters in there will either be:

a) not many new chars

OR

b) stupid characters who, although are well adjusted, are just too ******** to even play with. How much a** can you kick with dry bones? Not much.

(*after thought: btw, I agree: snake was a bad choice)

KidZero

Smash Cadet
Snake FTW!? How ghey.
If anyone I'd choose Sonic instead of Snake.
Sonic>>>Snake

Bad move Nintendo, but whatevuur.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
Snake'll attract a huger fanbase tho. Almost everyone who likes Sonic already likes SSB anyway, but I guess that's just a reason to put him in. I personally would prefer Knuckles or Shadow, but I guess you can't have em' without Sonic. Maybe as clones...

OMG META KNIGHT!!! What?... Sonic?... who's that?

Lorepath

Smash Rookie
Should proberly restart this poll, considering we now know it's not -just- nintendo all stars. There's probably some who voted "purity of nintendo" despite liking the idea of Sonic in, as well as probably far more who just don't care.

Sonic would make quite a colourful addition really. In Sonic Battle X (one of the many GBA only titles) he was given a pretty healthy moveset. Consider that Mario came from next to no combat moves to having a full smash moveset.

I'd say the Sega characters have more of a place than Solid Snake, just because of the history between the two major mascots. Something that would be enforced by the die hard fanatics who hate either Sonic or Mario purely on that fact.

A Mario vs Sonic themed Nintendo Vs Sega smash bros would be a fun one;

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario, DK
Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Rogue, Amy, Eggman

And there's always Toad, Mighty, Walugi, Espio, Petey, Charmy, Birdo, Ray, Bowser Jr, Metal Sonic, King Boo, Vector, Parakoopas, Tikal... quite a big list of just sonic and mario world characters. I really want to see normal koopas in smash bros. Don't like the idea of Espio now he's been made into some ninja; one sheik is enough.

TriForce52790

Smash Rookie
Sonic games are awsome and all, but i just dont like Sonic himself, i think Knuckles or Shadow would be cooler. That also reminds me that the Snake guy from metal gear will be there. Thats another stupid choice, why would u put a playstation char in SSBB., and he just looks out of place . :/

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, it would be kinda weird to see some 3rd party characters in SSBB, since the SSB and SSBM only had characters from Nintendo only. It's gonna be pretty interesting.

Sonic.....eh, I don't know/don't really care. If he's in it, cool. If he's not, life will go on. (Even though I am a Sonic fan)

therealink

Smash Cadet
Well I'd have to say it would be fun to see some new characters like Sonic, but I have to say no because it sposed to be for Nintendo only characters.....

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I voted for getting Sonic. That'd be awesome.

len1

Smash Journeyman
. That also reminds me that the Snake guy from metal gear will be there. Thats another stupid choice, why would u put a playstation char in SSBB., and he just looks out of place . :/
the original metal gear games were on MSX and NES and sonic would be an awesome character. even if he wasnt high tier i would master him and show you all how foolish you were about no wanting him (maniacal laughter)

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
the more the merier i say. to tell you the truth i dont really mind if anyone is added, as long as no one is cut. i dont care if a character came from atari or freakin game boy micro. i know the the makers will make the character suitable for the game.

ps: 150th post whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

len1

Smash Journeyman
game boy micro was just a tiny gba so there were no exclusive games but i agree with your idea

NO CUTS!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

i hope that the above statement is true

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yes...the flames of the April Fool's joke has ignited again.
I bet Sega never thought they'd have so many people pushing them to take the "Sonic + Smash Bros" idea so seriously. If Sonic doesn't make it, I'm jumping off my roof.
Mario vs. Sonic...yessss....

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
I don't think Sonic would fit in with the other charecters
we have a bounty hunter, a tuby plumber, an electric rat ,a canibal creampuff, an elf knight, some asian kid, a spaceship flying fox, and a giant black pixel. i think a blue hedgehog would fit into the family fine also knowing that nin10do and sega get along well. only thing is that foxes >b would have to be changed and given to sonic.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I say no for the fact that every sonic fighting game becomes a disaster, it would put the series to shame to let him in. But im not saying i hate him...

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well I'm not a fan of Sonic, I don't like him very much but that being said I honestly don't care if he gets into Brawl or not. If he is there then its just another character that I can enjoy beating the hell out of, but if he isn't there then I won't be losing any sleep over it. So either way I'm not affected.

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
I say no for the fact that every sonic fighting game becomes a disaster, it would put the series to shame to let him in. But im not saying i hate him...
But truth be told sega wont be maiking brawl and they wouldnt add something superspecial to him and he would be just like every other charchter so..... find a better argument

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
sonic is alright but not in ssbm he'll just mess everything up and think about wats he gonna do collect some rings when he gets hit man come on be fa real. just stick to nintendo and it'll all be good

ashestoashes500

Smash Cadet
O RLY? since when? Sonic is still owned by Sega, bub. Just though I'd let you know.

Anyway, for some reason I could almost see sonic in SSBM on some grounds of borrowment. Also as a promotion for Sega. However, Sonic carries with him the aura of death and sour chi. So if he were in Smash he might infect it with bad mojo, bad joojoo, or worser still bad voodoo.

Really, though, my offical stance is indifference.

Sonic is own by nintendo due to Nintendo bought all rights to sega btw

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
And thats why Sonic nextgen is apearing on the PS3 and 360 this fall:psycho: .

Betaz

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure about sonic but if they do put him in i would at least like them to put in Dr. Robotnik (eggman) just for laughs though. think about it beating some big fat middle-aged man with a large mustach almost as long as his body:laugh:

Peeze

Smash Master
I'm insulted that people would consider a hedgehog who races as a valid choice for a character, but then again look at the guy in my sig. Shadow would be way more suited to be in brawl anyways, he's built as a fighter.

Heartless_Angel

Smash Cadet
I Dont Really Care Either The More The Merrier As Uncle Meat Said...And Whats The Bet Hed Be A Cheap Character

len1

Smash Journeyman
And thats why Sonic nextgen is apearing on the PS3 and 360 this fall :psycho: .
They also have Sonic Wild Fire (working title) for the Wii

Maybe Nintendo owns PART of sega and sega is a sperate studio making games 4 what consoles the please...they are just part owned by nintendo though...maybe:confused:

Top Bottom