• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #11 - To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

• Yes, the C-Stick is an integral part of the game.

Votes: 635 86.6%
  • No, the C-Stick is cheap.

Votes: 98 13.4%

• Total voters

J Dawg

Smash Cadet
I barely ever use the C stick, but it seems to help me when I entigrade it into my game. and I had no problem when others used it against me and I didn't.

blckthndr

Smash Cadet
game over

anyone that complains about c stick doesnt kno what they are talking about..
if someone can beat you by just abusing the c-stick, then you aren't as good as you think you are...

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Some might call C-sticking smashes cheating because it eliminates every last bit of charge time whereas it takes a certain amount of thumb speed to eliminate it all with the A button.

Xelyst

-_-
Sigh -_- For quick and safe aireals, you better use it ^^ Anyone who thinks otherwise can just get beat.

EDIT: Use It!

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I like this thread.

It's fairly obvious who the advanced players are, and who the crappier players are...

C sticking smashes left and right is NOT a menace to a good player -_-.

Everyone on a competitive level, who i know of, uses the C stick. >.> Only people who com;lain, are people who don't really play on a higher level fo smash >.>

Lol and I like the "single player mode has no C stick" argument. That's awesome. >.>

I'm posting fairly mean, i know, but it's true.

lChaosl

Smash Cadet
I dont use the C-stick for aerials, its easier to just use A button, but I use it for smashes when I need one asap.

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
I never played someone who uses the c-stick alot.
So i don't care, but i can imagine if someone does use the c-stick alot i would be very annoying. Well anyway you should see for yourself.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
No one can argue with the fact that the c-stick makes the game a lot easier for noobs, especially against other noobs. I teach my friends to crouch cancel Peach's down smash with c-stick and other friends to use Marth's forward smash c-stick from the right distance and it's so funny to watch them. They'd suck miserably if it weren't for the c-stick, but it sure makes them loads more predictable.

As for me, it definitely doesn't help me as much as it helps them but I'll use every once in a while if my fingers aren't fast enough to hit the A button (sh to upair)...

AceLy

Smash Cadet
C-Stickers are extremely easy to beat. Almost like beating level 9 computers with bad AI. It's not cheap. But playing a C-Sticker is not fun. NOT because it's hard to get by or gives them an advantage. It's not fun because owning a level 9 computer is not fun. Playing someone predictable and stupid is not fun.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
I almost always c-stick when it comes to arials, and i use it alot when it comes to smashes as well. i think that this debate could go either way though. However, i dont feel that because i c-stick it makes me a worse smash player. in reality it helps alot considering that you only get a split second to think out your moves while in combat.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
maelstrom218 said:
Personally, I use the C-stick only for smashes, because I find it too cumbersome to actually bring my thumb down that low when I need to execute rising aerials (like Mario's wavelanded b-airs, for instance). Other than that, I use the A button for everything else. I'm just old-school like that.
I know what you mean? It's pretty hard for me to aim a smash attack up or down without the c-stick. This applies especially to Mario seeing as he takes a step forward and putting it down or up shortens the distance and can reach under shields. Also the damage increases with higher knockbackwhen you press up and vice versa for down.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
come-on dudes, c-stick is something normal of the game (if it wasn't then tell me why the heck did they put them in VS mode and VS mode only, or a better one, why is it even there? because the dudes that make the game whated it to be, so what is the big problem)

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Coreypsych said:
I can NOT stand people who use the stick! its cowardly.
What the hey is "cowardly" about using the c-stick? That's moronic.

I use the c-stick for mid-air moves only, because as far as smashing, anything it can do, d-stick + a-button can do better. It's definitely useful in the air, though, for example, preforming a back-air while moving forward.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Lemming 1545 said:
What the hey is "cowardly" about using the c-stick? That's moronic.

I use the c-stick for mid-air moves only, because as far as smashing, anything it can do, d-stick + a-button can do better. It's definitely useful in the air, though, for example, preforming a back-air while moving forward.

I just would like to add that the c-stick is there and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Aside from that, I actually think that you can be a coward in a few ways, but you cannot be considered a coward for using offense. I mean it's not like you keep crossing the stage with Zelda every 3 seconds. I could see how that << could be considered cowardly, but consider what your saying.

-SMB

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, to me that's like saying that it's "cowardly" to use X or Y to jump. No sense at all in such a statement.

Bandit1018

Smash Rookie
I voted no in not using the c-stick, but that doesn't mean I think is cheap. There are a lot of spammers who do it over and over again, which does get annoying. But, if you use the c-stick to do a quick smash in a combo, then I can accept that.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
The C-stick is a way of life and the key to ledge-stalling,aerials and instant smashing.

AND ALL THY MORTALS THAT REGRET THEE GLORIOUS C-STICK SHALL BURN IN HADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss........................... ..... .... .. . . later

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
What I've noticed:

Noobs: Makes the game a ton easier to start out.

People who think they're good: Only noobs use the c-stick becuase it's so cheap.

People who're actually good: Need the c-stick to make the controls easier to handle.

If you think the c-stick is cheap it's probably becuase you think you've "evolved" out of it. Reality: you're just not using an easy control mechanism there, bub. When you get better and have to push those buttons faster, it helps to have the c-stick in case directional+A would be tough in whatever situation you're in, smash attacks included.

jd og77

Smash Rookie
no i dont agree

Kokichi said:
Okay, I didn't have one earlier this week because I couldn't think of one, so please, if you have any ideas, just post them in here as well. It doesn't have to even be about Smash, just any idea is a good idea.

As for this topic, I keep seeing threads on using C-Stick or not. Even Nintendo had an article about it. Personally, I don't see how some people would consider it cheating. It's part of the game. It's right there on the controller. If anything, I'd consider being able to charge up a Smash attack more cheating than being able to use the C-Stick, since you can make it more powerful and have the ability to release it whenever - the C-Stick is just a faster way of doing the most basic and weak Smash attack.

So what do you all think, chi?
:( No. I dont agree. Im probably the best in my house. But when my brother uses marth he usually gets more kills. He uses the c-stick. i use the traditional smash. I find it more powerful but the c-stick is faster. I can still beat him though cause i usually adapt right away to the opponite.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
I don't use the C-stick. But to say that using it is cheap, to me sounds completely absurd.

VKris

Smash Cadet
Well the poll choices are from extreme to the other, but I use the C-Stick, when I need to. Sometimes, I cant do over + A quick enough so I tap the C-Stick.

Roew

Smash Apprentice
I am thinking of incorporating C-stick usage for my aerials for spiking, for example Ganondorfs Dair for edgeguarding.

I am thinking about it because I always lose a stock whenever I flick the analog stick down too hard when I go for a spike and then I'm like FOCK! :lick:

pdk

Smash Lord
I hardly ever use the thing on the ground aside from things like WDing into a dsmash (hardcore ownage with Samus and the Doc), but recently picked up on using for aerials since I'll be ****ed if Samus' dair ever hits without it.

My brother, though... God does he love that thing with Roy and CF.

pinoyfox

Smash Cadet
c-stick not cheap works really good in the air especially when im doing a b-air at the edge to edgegard i wont fall of the edge and i would edgegaurd easily another is for wavesmashing its good too but wat i found out is that everytime i c-stick smash in the ground i get shield grab from my friend so now i just smash charge now its better so u dont get shield grab cause ur attack is stronger and it will knock them back farther so u dont get shield grabbed. id understand the uses for c-stick on the edge its so much easier to c-stick on the ground edge gaurding and ur trying to edgegard someone from getting back to the stage its better than using the analog and A button cause i sometimes just fall and do like a f-air to my death when instead c-stick would of just stayed still and attack but not fall off the edge. Although people might say then i should then practice the analog and A smash and so i wont fall, i could but im lazy so if i c-stick OH WELL your problem and not mine bwwwaaahahaha :chuckle: :laugh: and dont be :mad: :( :urg: then :cry:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Which smasher really doesnt C-stick? Really only noobs think the C-stick is cheap. Lol if we ever introduced chain grabbing to them. XD

C-stick ftw.
I remember when I used to think that. My friends would all use it, I was like, that's cheap. Now, that's what I use. It's so much easier. I definitely wouldn't be able to play as well without it.

Madman200

Smash Rookie
Listen. Listen to me.
There is no good or bad about using the C-Stick. It is just a shortcut for attacks that allow ease to some players. Everyone has a reason for using it or not. I don't, since I have to use A to charge anyway.
It's the same for XY and Z. People have played platformers with jump buttons, so it's sometimes easier to use them instead. Likewise for Z, a quick-grab may be...

Actually, I don't know an explanation for the Z button. But I use it anyway.
Point is, the C-Stick, XY, and Z are all just ShortCuts, designed to ease players into better play.
And for that reason, I ain't votin'. It's not integral, but not cheap. It's a shortcut.

Top Bottom