• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #11 - To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

• Yes, the C-Stick is an integral part of the game.

Votes: 635 86.6%
  • No, the C-Stick is cheap.

Votes: 98 13.4%

• Total voters

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
I can manually do SHFFL'd Uairs instead of C stick uairs as well. Goes to show that the c-stick is not 100% essential but is necessary for some of Marth's attacks esp the SHFFL Dair spike attack as well as reversing Fairs or forward Bairs. Sometimes I use it for on the dot WD into smashes when opp > 100% instead of charging smash attacks.

REØ

Smash Lord
stfu stupid_dumper u suck at this game, LOL if you think you can beat me come to a tourney in LI and challenge me, LOL i bet I can beat you using the just the c-stick

LMAO @ "i'm not a n00b i had this game since it came out and i had ssb64" so what? WTF does that proove? you still suck

Peeze

Smash Master
The better i get the more i use the control stick and A. although i still use the C-stick when playing hard people and need to get off a quick smash.

Stupid_Dumper

Smash Apprentice
stfu stupid_dumper u suck at this game, LOL if you think you can beat me come to a tourney in LI and challenge me, LOL i bet I can beat you using the just the c-stick

LMAO @ "i'm not a n00b i had this game since it came out and i had ssb64" so what? WTF does that proove? you still suck
Please, just stop. The only reason I'm reacting badly to your comments is that you think that your opinion is true. Opinions can't be true, that's a logical impossibility, people who aren't n00bs don't necisaraly need the C-stick. btw you don't know what I suck at or what I don't suck at, you don't know me, nor do I know you, please don't try to pick meaningless fights.

REØ

Smash Lord
dude that's exactly the point, i don't know you................does anyone here know you? nope i guess not, so that brings me to conclusion that you aren't very good at this game because you just joined like a few days ago......so yea no tourney expeirence= you suck

and give me a dam good reason why a pro wouldn't even think of using the c-stick at all

Stupid_Dumper

Smash Apprentice
dude that's exactly the point, i don't know you................does anyone here know you? nope i guess not, so that brings me to conclusion that you aren't very good at this game because you just joined like a few days ago......so yea no tourney expeirence= you suck

and give me a dam good reason why a pro wouldn't even think of using the c-stick at all
k, me joining in only the last few days proves that I've had a life before this one, just cause I didn't join till now doesn't mean I haven't had any tourny experience, you have no idea if I suck or not and that's not a good way to identify if someone sucks or not. My freind, my impression of you is that your predudice. And some really good players just don't use the C-Stick, it's not like you NEED to use the C-Stick to be a good player. Also, saying that someone sucks at SSB IN AN SSB FORUM, is probably one of the most cruel things you can do, trying to ruin someones thoughts on the game makes you not a bad player, but a bad person. Please reflect on your actions if you're an intellegable person.

REØ

Smash Lord
ok so how many major turneys have you been to?

and FYI you started this whole crap saying the c-stick sucks when all you know is you perform quick smashes

GrapeOfDooM

Smash Rookie
c-stick is a pain in the *** against people that actually use it well. and i occationally use it so yeah c-stick is very good

Smitty

Smash Rookie
I would have to say yes to the C-Stick, but frankly, I've never really use it. I rarely play SSBM with another person. I usually just play the Single-Player modes. But, in the one time I've actually used it, it seemed like something a more advanced player would use, albeit a little okward at first. So, I suppose, it's the better choice when playing against someone else.

Stupid_Dumper

Smash Apprentice
ok so how many major turneys have you been to?

and FYI you started this whole crap saying the c-stick sucks when all you know is you perform quick smashes
You don't NEED to go do big tourneys to be a good player. My brother and his friend have never been to tourneys in their lives, and they just beat the s*** out of the #2 guy in my state (sepratly, of course). Like I said, its not a good way to judge. And you shoudn't be offended because someone's opinion is different then yours.
Oh, yeah, I've been to only a couple tourneys, I don't get much chance to travel.

REØ

Smash Lord
You don't NEED to go do big tourneys to be a good player. My brother and his friend have never been to tourneys in their lives, and they just beat the s*** out of the #2 guy in my state (sepratly, of course). Like I said, its not a good way to judge. And you shoudn't be offended because someone's opinion is different then yours.
Oh, yeah, I've been to only a couple tourneys, I don't get much chance to travel.
-_- that's all i have to say

saberhof

Smash Master
i dont know what to vote for, i dont use the c stick but i dont think its cheap either.. hmm...i really cant say anything about it =S...

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Both Cstick and Control stick + A have their uses. They are not cheap.

CStick: Allows you to perform ariels without losing any momentum. NO, the control stick + A CANNOT do this. If you are running forward and want to do a running Bair (with falco for example, to set up the Utilt), you can run full speed, perform the areil with Cstick and not lose any forward momentum. If you sto pressing forward on the Control stick for even a frame, you begin to lose forward momentum in the time it takes you to press A.

It also allows you to prerform Uair and Dair almost instantly when jumping. Compared to pressing Up on the control stick, then down on the control stick then A, using the CStick is faster. Also, if you want to perform a Dair IMMIDIATELY after jumping and still want to do a full jump, you can't do it with the Control stick. To do the ariel immediately, you have to let go of Up, which will make you short hop instead of full jump.

The Cstick performs Smashes without any charge time (unless you hold A).

Control Stick: If you mess up an ariel (by that I mean you don't jump), you do a tilt instead of a smash (usually less lag)

You can't do Nairs with the Cstick. You have to reset the Control stick.

(Obviously) You can't do tilts at all with the Cstick. For people like Marth and Shiek, that is a big thing.

Anyone who thinks the Cstick is "Cheap" probably doesn't know that it can perform some exclusive functions. There are some things in the game you CAN'T do without the Cstick. It is in the character's potential to do these moves, but you have to do them using a different stick. So what?

Likewise, if you know someone who "spams the Cstick", you know right off the bat that they are losing some exclusive moves. They can't use tilts, it's much harder to jump cancel an Up smash, and they won't likely charge a smash attack.

But yes. also check out Austin P's cstick guiode for even more exclusive funtions for each of the sticks. Saying one stick is cheaper than the other is incredibly arbitrary.

(I didnt vote either... because voting would mean that I think there's a decision to be made.)

Cort

Apple Head
The C-Stick is too good. Although I NEVER use it for ANY aerial move, as I've played way too much 1P modes to see how it would help, but for certain smashes it is easily the best thing ever.

Also, DI and stuff. The cstick is way too good for ASDI.

Whirlwind

Smash Rookie
............:rolleyes:

If you can't execute a normal smash at least 95% of the time, you shouldn't play the game
What about that other 5%????? If I go to do one, I want 1000% (yes, I meant to add that extra 0) assurity that It will happen.
It is simply a tool, however. To succeed, you do have to learn to go around it (adventure, stadium etc. don't have it) :lick:
C-stick is a personal choice. I know guys who can smack anyone around, both with and without the c-stick. There are no cheap moves, just cheap people.
kewl?

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
I voted yes, since I tend to go C-Stick happy. I admit some are a bit too good (shieks vC-stick) but overall they help more than they hurt gameplay.

Kenuru

Smash Rookie
Honestly, whenever I try to execute an up-aerial attack with the control stick and A, it'd oftentimes make me double jump when I really didn't want to. Hence, the C-Stick.
The speed is nice, and since everyone can do it, I don't consider it cheap, unlike wave-dashing and such, since it's abusing a bug. But then again, that does take skill as well, so I acknowledge that.
Anyway, the top option.

Physichemist

Smash Rookie
I don't like using the C-Stick. Not because I think it's cheap or anything but like many people here I like the speed of the A button much better.

Stupid_Dumper

Smash Apprentice
-_- that's all i have to say
For your sake I decided to use the c-stick a little, here's what happened (That's one big @$$ smily)
-Smashes were quicker
-Ariel moves almost never hit
-Everyone called me gay
For me, c-stick is pretty useless...
btw, I wasn't starting anything in the first place, I looked at the first post, voted, and posted my opinion, no reason to get mad.

REØ

Smash Lord
For your sake I decided to use the c-stick a little, here's what happened (That's one big @$$ smily)
-Smashes were quicker
-Ariel moves almost never hit
-Everyone called me gay
For me, c-stick is pretty useless...
btw, I wasn't starting anything in the first place, I looked at the first post, voted, and posted my opinion, no reason to get mad.
-True.
-That's not the C-sticks fault, it just means you have bad accuracy.
-Screw them, they don't know what they are talking about and they are a bunch of noobs.
The C-stick takes time and practice to get used too, don't think you're just going to know how to use it effectively on the first day you try it out.

V Edit:

c-stick is for n00bs & ice climbers, I don't see whats so hard about doing smash attacks manually...
...That was your first post.... So yea...

You should really check the C-stick guide, you'll be amazed at how many thing you can do.

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
How is the C-stick cheap...it's a part of the game. People who don't use it are just denying themselves the luxury of using it.

C-stick FTW!

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
yes of course! the game designers intended to put it in riht? also, it can improve gameplay as you could do certain things that you could not (or it would otherwise be hard to) before.

ggPeteQ

Smash Journeyman
I'm really happy that they implied that the gamecube controller would be used for brawl, because that means there's a good chance the C stick will be used again.

I personally couldn't smash without it. It's how I do all my aerials, and wavesmashing is a lot easier with the C stick.

I guess it just comes down the preference. My friend can't use the C stick to save his life but I prefer the C stick (Although if I needed to, I could use the A button).

FireBomb

Smash Lord
A lot of people would be 30% less capable in the game if the C Stick never existed. It part of the freaking game, so use it, you nay-sayers.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that using C-stick is cheap or for noobs. If you say that, you are saying that using X and Y to jump is cheap and for noobs. It's just a short cut and it depends on how people feel more confortable. I myself use both. People tend to believe that people who use c-stick do smashes all the time and nothing else, and that's a freaking lie.

Just a shortcut, move on people.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
C-stick is one of the most helpful features that is given to you. If you reject it then you are a fool. All the pros. do it because they know it is the best thing they can abuse. I for one abuse it. One of my friend pressed it really hard one time and it literally fell out. :)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I just don't see how using the C-stick could be cheap if its the same as A+any direction. The only difference is that it allows you to do a fading smash (if thats what its called anyway). You may do a forward smash while moving backwards for example. Also it makes SHFFLing much easier, IMO

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I accept it if people use C-stick and have most basic skills and mind games already, but when a new player picks up the control and finds out C-stick is smash they go crazy with it. It's ok with me, just as long as you know how to do something else.

Top Bottom