• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #11 - To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

To C-Stick, Or Not To C-Stick, That Is The Question

• Yes, the C-Stick is an integral part of the game.

Votes: 635 86.6%
  • No, the C-Stick is cheap.

Votes: 98 13.4%

• Total voters

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
I choose to use c-stick because it is useful in verses for quick escapes if two players double team you, and it is a quick using attack. (Better than having to charge it up and making an opening.)

Also, a good poll would be 'would you use heavy, well-round, or light characters'.

JFox

Smash Hero
Idea for new poll of the week- Best animated comedy series on television:
The Simpsons
South Park
Family Guy
Futurama
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Yeah...feel free to add to my list. I though of this cuz the newest episode of south park was totally dissing family guy, which is not cool. Family guy>South Park, its just a much funnier show.

Yes, unrelated to smash, but you did say it could be unrelated...

led zep

Smash Rookie
It really does not matter if you c-stick or not. It's faster, but it's the least powerful smash of that type. The pros do not use it because they can press {direction}-A as fast as they can press a c-stick, and still have a more powerful attack.

Mario_Vega

Smash Cadet
c-stick

i do c-stick, but occassionally. its a great way to get off the smashes u need to when u need to do them quickly, as well as other aerial moves, etc. but usually i just execute them regularly :dizzy: :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
The C-stick is great for an aerial one way and DI-ing another way. Smashing is a breeze and you won't miss and get a tilt... the C-stick is a huge part of this game. Go C-Stick!

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
if its a button on the controller and it does something in the game, it is not cheap... cheap is a controller mod that gives you an inherent advantage... im pretty sure everybody is allowed to use the c-stick, thus it is completely fair

MintyFresh

Smash Rookie
I don't think the c-stick is cheap, but i don't want to get too dependent on it when doing smash attacks and other stuff.

WhiteDragon

Smash Cadet
outofdashdwz said:
It's part of the game. And Peach needs it =)
If you're good enough with Peach, you can do without. It does help for starting out with her certainly, and it is a good replacement, but it gives less choices (charging, timing, speed to switch positions, etc.).

(and Kirby, I pay attention to your comments ;P)

Whitedragon33

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I don't think it's cheap, not sure how it would be consider as such. But I just don't rely on it as much.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against the use of the c-stick. I try not to use it for smash attacks but sometimes situations occur and really have no choice. What gets me is when people use it for smash attacks in excess. It's not that I can't get around it (oh, I get around it), it's that my opponent refuses to use any other attack other than c-stick smashes, and it drains the fun out of playing the game, because playing against someone who has no creativity and no battle sense is boring as hell.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I use the c-stick myself, so I don't have a problem with anyone using it.
I only use it for uairs and dairs so I don't have any unintentional fast falling or jumps.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You really should have another option that says "Yes, except for those noobs that stand around and do nothing but C-stick in every direction..."

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
the grim lizard
You really should have another option that says "Yes, except for those noobs that stand around and do nothing but C-stick in every direction..."
If someone can beat you just by doing that, wouldn't that make you the noob?

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
Some noobs give others trouble by not caring about about their own stock. They dont fall for mind games and the such. So its frustrating to be doing all these advanced things only to be beaten by a single random smash attack.
And just because someone shares a different opinion from yours does not mean they are wrong.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Legomaxx
And just because someone shares a different opinion from yours does not mean they are wrong.
Very few things in life are actually a matter of opinion. Most things have a right & wrong answer. An opinion is something like "What is the best color?" Anything any more complicated then that has a right answer, even if people don't realize it.

Torrent

Smash Cadet
C-sticking is really varies on who uses it and how often they use it, its true when people say n00bs hate c-sticks [i see it everyday ;)]. And the c-stick plays as a secondary A/contrl stick cuz you can charge your cstick smash with Z button u dunno thats my opinion,

Mario_Vega

Smash Cadet
GoldShadow said:
No C-abusing noob should be able to beat an advanced player.
i agree here. if ure an advanced player and are getting beaten by a nub who c-stick abuses, then that makes u the n00b

Mario_Vega

Smash Cadet
zamorac said:
But is c-sticking like a fully charged smash or like a weak smash?

its like a weak smash, as if u just executed it and let it go instantly. u use it mainly in close combat when ure having trouble getting enough distance between u and someone else to charge it to any degree, and takes less time to execute than doing it regularly

DarkMaggot

Smash Rookie
c stick abuse makes me sick. there should be a group for recovering addicts. i dont dont hate the c stick its the people that dont do anything but c stick that should die

F8X

Smash Ace
C-Stick is a great ...well stick

I use it to exicute some fast smashes with fox. Arials I don't see why I would need to use it(although some one told me it is better to do his dair with it(I don't belive him)) People only hate the c-stick because it seems cheap.But everyone hase it so there for it is not cheap. It can be used for DI too.

obviousboy

Smash Rookie
i find it more difficult than is necessary to pull off samus d-air without the c-stick, for if you are trying to spike someone and you miss, and you're already pulling down, it makes it a lot harder to recover. It also makes link's d-air a lot easier to pull off

Top Bottom