• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Namco Bandai on SSB4

Do you think Namco Bandai will have a positive or a negative effect on SSB4?

• Total voters

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Another is to make blocking in Smash where the shield is smaller but static in size (and no cooldown on shielding) however I've noticed that's not been very popular around these parts.
Indeed, the blocking feature won't be a great success in the smash series.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Even though I love those games they are even worse tuned than Brawl or Melee. MagnaAngemon and Gallantmon in the second game equals insta-win, and in the first one Imperialdramon blows everything up.
Regardless, those were created primarily by Bandai, and only published by Namco, as is with all things Digimon

True, hopefully it won't change. However, I've heard that Sakurai is removing some techniques such as Shorthopping and tilts, is this correct?
Nah, just silly rumors taken from the fact that he removed some stuff from Melee in Brawl, though that was far more complicated stuff than shorthopping and tilts. Many characters wouldn't survive without shorthopping, like Wario and C. Falcon.

I believe that as long as we don't get a Tekken character in Namco will definitely have a big positive effect on the game when talking about balancing characters.

D

Deleted member

Even though I love those games they are even worse tuned than Brawl or Melee. MagnaAngemon and Gallantmon in the second game equals insta-win, and in the first one Imperialdramon blows everything up.
Regardless, those were created primarily by Bandai, and only published by Namco, as is with all things Digimon
May not nearly be as good as Smash, but they are still within Namco-Bandai's experience.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Do you guys think that there is another company that will do a better job at developing SSB4 than Namco? Why/Why not?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Do you guys think that there is another company that will do a better job at developing SSB4 than Namco? Why/Why not?
Maybe Capcom because Street Fighter.
But I think Nintendo has a better relationship with Bamco so they chose them.

Anyway this page reminded me of Digimon and the fact that they're owned by Bamco...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's Capcom and ArcSys as two major candidates. Capcom for their work on Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and MvC to say the very least. Then there's ArcSys with Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Persona 4 Arena. They've done a really good job of keeping their rosters deep and diverse.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
I'm stoked that they are helping with the game, I'm a huge fan of the SC series and SC5 although it had a lot of changes in comparison to the old games is insanely deep as far as offensive tactics as well as defensive. I can only imagine the addition of meters and super/EX moves in Brawl, which I cant honestly comment on because it was awkward in SC at first but overall heightened the game to be on another level

so idk :facepalm:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Namco Bandai is one of the biggest game developing companies. However, some people think that Namco aren't suited to help develop SSB4 and others think they are.

What do you think? Will Namco have a positive or negative effect on the outcome of the game? In what aspects will it be negative and in what aspects will it be positive? Why?
If people think the company that created the genre that Smash would occupy isn't worthy of developing it, then they have serious problems.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one's wondering what the online experience will be like. :ohwell: What do you guys think the developers will change for the online experience compare to Brawl? :confused: Hopefully they'll make an easier way for us, players, to add new ppl to our friend rosters other than friend codes. I wanna be able to add someone who I fought with on "with anyone" mode or whatever they're calling it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm surprised no one's wondering what the online experience will be like. :ohwell: What do you guys think the developers will change for the online experience compare to Brawl? :confused: Hopefully they'll make an easier way for us, players, to add new ppl to our friend rosters other than friend codes. I wanna be able to add someone who I fought with on "with anyone" mode or whatever they're calling it.
For it to actually work would be a nice start

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The online experiance for Brawl was horrible, and Nintendo received a lot of complains due to that. Sakurai stated that they will work on the online connection for SSB4. Hopefully we'll get a non-lagg connection for the next Smash and expand our gameplay experiance via wifi-battles.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well Sakurai said he really actually wanted to implement voice chat in game and text chat but wasent allowed due to the Wii's Rules...yh not even limitation...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well Sakurai said he really actually wanted to implement voice chat in game and text chat but wasent allowed due to the Wii's Rules...yh not even limitation...
He also mentioned that people can say harsh things on the internet (duh,) which is another reason he avoided it. I think it'd be best to keep it off, or at least allow an option for it to be turned on and off.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Options never hurt any1 did it?
No, which is why I suggested it. I know for sure that I'd stay away from online play if I wouldn't be able to turn off other people's voice chat, there's nothing worse than playing an online game that's mildly competitive, people will always go nuts. Plus, the little kiddies *shudders*

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'd rather have the voice chat to be enabled with players in your friend list only than with the general. You never know what you might end up listening to :p

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have the voice chat to be enabled with players in your friend list only than with the general. You never know what you might end up listening to :p
Call of Duty is bad enough. When you take a competitive screw you over like like smash and add free chat with everyone, things could get pretty ugly.
I entirely agree with you.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Please, general voice chat is not much of an issue when it comes to fighting games. Though I do fear Smash could become an exception given the likliness of having a larger than usual scrub count.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I honesty couldn't be happier that Namco-Bandai is developing Smash Bros.
They have much more experience with balance, which is honestly one of the more important aspects.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
If it wasent for Namco i wouldnt have any hope or hype for Sm4sh...
The idea of Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other will get me hype even though Nintendo is working solo on it :grin:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think Nintendo knew exactly what they were doing when they asked Namco-Bandai to develop Smash 4. It's like when they asked Sega to develop F-Zero GX. Sometimes certain developers are better for certain games.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think Nintendo knew exactly what they were doing when they asked Namco-Bandai to develop Smash 4. It's like when they asked Sega to develop F-Zero GX. Sometimes certain developers are better for certain games.
What makes you so sure that Namco is the best suited company to develop SSB4? Why isn't it Capcom or any other company?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What makes you so sure that Namco is the best suited company to develop SSB4? Why isn't it Capcom or any other company?
Well, Capcom's recent endeavors in the fighting game genre have been rather divisive. SF4, MvC3, and especially SFxTK have faced harsh criticism by serious/veteran players. The first for being so defensive and vortex heavy. Marvel is a love it or hate it game with questionable balance. SFxTK is one game that could've been so good, but they need to fix some things, namely stage size. Then there's the whole DLC scandal.

With Namco, from what I've seen, has not only been more upfront about their DLC, but the balance and diversity of their games are pretty good. The only other candidate I would've picked is ArcSys.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Do you think Namco Bandai will have a positive or a negative effect on SSB4?
(Shrugs) Only time will tell.

Still, I fancy they will not have a bad impact on Smash 4. Tales of VS, a NamcoBandai game similar to Super Smash Bros, was a fairly decent game, from what I have seen and read, albeit shallow in depth. That being said, I have a feeling their effect on Smash 4 will at least be somewhat positive, though I could be dead wrong.

So yeah, mine final opinion: Maybe, maybe not.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Still, I fancy they will not have a bad impact on Smash 4. Tales of VS, a NamcoBandai game similar to Super Smash Bros, was a fairly decent game, from what I have seen and read, albeit shallow in depth. That being said, I have a feeling their effect on Smash 4 will at least be somewhat positive, though I could be dead wrong.

So yeah, mine final opinion: Maybe, maybe notote]
Surely it cant get worse though...Real talk...come on....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

So yeah, mine final opinion: Maybe, maybe not.
Despite Tales of VS being allegedly shallow, you still have Tekken and Soul Calibur under their belt. Tales of VS may have been done by a somewhat unfamiliar team with the genre, similar to Game Arts doing Brawl.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
One thing's for sure, the intro to SSB4 should be really good considering Namco's intros to their past games.
Soul Calibur 2's opening cinematic is amazing and the only one that can rival Melee's. Both are similar in a way.

So no lazy story mode cutscene intro like Brawl's I assume.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Smash's core gameplay is so different from every other fighter that it's hard to say if Namco's previous experience with the genre will translate well over here. That being said, high level Smash and Tekken do share a few similarities; both have a big emphasis on movement, juggles and chasing down your opponent. The Gundam Versus development team could also provide some valuable input on projectile weapons and stage design.

When you look at it that way, this collaboration effort between various Namco teams is a much better fit for Smash than anyone other than Nintendo themselves. So overall, I'm leaning towards a positive effect. Besides, it would be hard to make a worse game than Brawl anyway.

Top Bottom