• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

soldiviner - Meta Knight
Tin Man - N/A voted in Olimar boards
stingers - Meta Knight
TeeVee - Meta Knight
Indigo Jeans - Meta Knight
Mister Eric - Toon Link
CJTHeroofTime - Meta Knight
Cubone - Meta Knight
ccst - Meta Knight

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Personally, I have trouble with Diddy and Meta Knight (well, good ones, in the latter's case).

Even though R.O.B. has an advantage over Diddy, I seem to find the match-up particularly annoying as hell with the 'nanas.

So yeah, I vote Diddy. Embarrassingly enough, I'm probably the only R.O.B. who has trouble with Diddy (good ones, anyway).

EDIT: I misread the criteria thinga-ma-bob. I vote Meta Knight, to be sure.

Though Zamus and G&W wouldn't be a bad idea to vote either

stingers

Smash Obsessed
"Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup."

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
"Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup."
... Oh... I misread that. Funny how it requires a second read.

Fine, I'll change my mind and go MK. :p

Thanks though, Stingers. :laugh:
Or I could be a trollb*tch and vote Ganondorf. XD

TeeVee

Smash Lord
every person in every char boards (that actually goes to tournies and doesnt theory craft all day) is gonna say mk

my vote is for mk

stingers

Smash Obsessed
im pretty sure that was his goal about making this tv. he will try to use it for some bs argument to ban MK. or else he wouldn't of made such a big distinction between worst matchup/most important matchup

but that'll never happen so might as well answer the poll legit anyway =]

I like to think I'm speaking for a large majority when I say that Metaknight is the most important matchup. This should go without saying. The metagame has hardly advanced at all when you're looking at the Metaknight-related portion of it. Metaknight remains extremely common, and more or less at the same "broken" level.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm gonna go away from MK and say Snake. I play the MU a lot more than I play the MK MU, and there are more Snakes around here than MK's. It's important for me to learn it, but I still kinda fail at it. :/

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
This is such a one sided poll....

Metaknight is going to be the obvious answer for anyone who goes to tourney (except Nova Scotia)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
This is... really a tough one, surprisingly. It boils down to MK, Snake, Diddy, and DeDeDe for me... for various reasons.

But, my vote goes to MK:

If you are going to STICK with ROB & not switch characters, then the MK matchup HAS to be learned. To the letter. Inside & out, Frontwards & Backwards, Up& Down. Simply because he is:

1) ROBs worst matchup: so you have such a small margin of error- regardless of stage choice.
2) The most popular character: so you will run into him a TON, especially after the first round or so of a tournament
3) The best character in the game (which is a direct result of #2).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
MK's the most important to learn.
Not the toughest matchup however.
Reason being is that in most matchups you can more or less do whatever and use common smarts to win. To be better at the MK matchup, you need to specifically know that matchup in and out to make it not ROB's worst. Also, the things you learn in the MK matchup is indispensable knowledge. You need to learn the exact range, priority, and timing of all of ROBs moves, and once you learn all this it naturally fits into other matchups - but MK is where it's the most important to know, which is why he gets my vote.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well, Meta Knight would be the most important matchup to learn BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO FACE SO MANY OF THEM.

But most difficult matchup could be Toon Link, Falco, Dedede, and there's a possibility there's some mid-tier character that wrecks R.O.B. that nobody has really looked into because nobody plays them (characters with disjointed collision bubbles that negate R.O.B.'s range, especially if it has high priority).

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Honestly I find one of the most important things to learn is item control to fight ZSS/Diddy/TL/Link, since fighting them is so different than the rest of the cast.

but obviously thats a generality not a MU, so Id say MK.

Billawoh

Smash Rookie
To continue beating a dead horse i would say the Metaknight MU is the most important to learn first, followed by snake. I personally will get ownd by a good Zss or Lucas, and a pro Zelda can dangerous if you dont pay attention.

Top Bottom