• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:
Special addition to PT. Please vote for your character AS A WHOLE. Not any individual character. You're the only board this really applies to.

EDIT:

T-block - Meta Knight
Bomber7 - Diddy Kong
Ingoro - Snake

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I vote for the Bomber Metagame.
Mine is a 3 way tie between Wario/G&W/Ditty Kong

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Snake, it is important to learn. 3 of the top characters work with projectles, snake/diddy/falco so it's very likely that you will end up fighting a camper eventually and you need to learn how to work around that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Snake, it is important to learn. 3 of the top characters work with projectles, snake/diddy/falco so it's very likely that you will end up fighting a camper eventually and you need to learn how to work around that.
campers also include MK. There is such a thing as Planking. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Then.. stop aiming for that spike? :D any character can plank in theory.
Maybe in theory but I hold the definition to how it was explained to me: Play on a floating stage and avoid your opponent at all cost including flying under the stage to run out the clock and win. MK has the best aerial capabilities out of all the characters, movement, recovery options, etc. So I would have to disagree with you there and say that only MK can truly plank, but if you just want to use guerrilla warfare and run out the clock in your favor, then that is a completely different story.

T-block

B2B TST
MK has one of the worst aerial movements in the game =P

Ingoro, planking implies some degree of effectiveness. Only MK has planking that could be "unbeatable", and several characters (Marth, GW, Pikachu, etc.) can plank effectively. There are definitely characters who are not scary at all on the ledge though.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
King Dedede.

Especially considering he has an infinite on both Ivysaur AND Charizard now. Squirtle is just annoyingly easy to shield grab with Dedede.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Infinites are banned, doesn't change the matchup. Also if someone does an inifinite in a friendly you don't have to worry because you can stop their infinite by hitting their controller.

T-block

B2B TST
Infinites shouldn't be banned, and actually usually aren't.

But this infinite is so hard to do it's not even worth considering when evaluating the matchup. I refuse to believe anyone will be able to do it consistently until someone actually shows it.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
It's inputs and rhythm. No harder than ICs chain grabs or Sheik's DACUS. If you know the rhythm you can do it almost every time.

I personally just map everything out as Street Fighter-esque button inputs. Like Hydroplaning is *facing right* ><^+A

But infinites aside, Dedede is still a hard MU for PT.

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
My vote goes to Metaknight for sure.

All three pokémon can handle Dedede just fine; don't get grabbed. As far as getting shield-grabbed with Squirtle goes, you have to learn to read and space. I'm actually quite comfortable with the match-up. And my Ivy actually does pretty well against Dedede, and my Charizard isn't bad. I like the match-up in general.

The only other characters I think are SUPER G&W and Luigi. But the most important would be Metaknight. I find Snake relatively easy; Squirtle and Ivysaur take care of him plenty well.

Once again. Metaknight.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm going to say Snake. It's one of the more forgiving high-tier matchups (definitely doable, even at the top levels of play) and takes a lot of knowledge to be able to function well against a Snake player who knows what he's doing.

Top Bottom