• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - How Satisfied with the Roster are you? *Post-E3*

How satisfied with the current roster are you?

• Very. I love the newcomers!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • It's alright. I'm still waiting to see who else is added.

Votes: 81 43.5%
  • It's OK, but it's leaning on the bad side.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Horrible. I hate the current newcomers.

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Following a similar vein to my previous poll, I'm collecting data of the opinions for the roster of Smash Bros 4 as it is revealed.

With Pac-Man, Mii Fighters and Palutena... how do you feel about the current roster? Please also assume that all veteran characters are returning, as we've yet to see a veteran disconfirmation yet.

Vote here, then comment with some reasons behind your decision.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, they've been fine.
There's been a few I've liked (Like Villager, WFT, and Greninja), but I haven't been too excited over them.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
"It's alright - I'm waiting to see who else is added."

I'll still like it if Gematsu is true, based off the of the unique additions. But the newcomers definitely lack starpower and a punch. Even Brawl's newcomers were full of stars (Wario, DDD, Metaknight, Diddy) to mix in with the less star-studded newcomers.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
It's great, actually.

I'm a bit disappointed that my one hope won't make it, but overall, I only wanted 1 character and everything else is fine with. The more characters the better because I get more gameplay out of it.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Personal scores:
Megaman, Little Mac, Villager, Mii and Pacman

Denied (probably):
Midna, Mewtwo, Ridley and Isaac

I absolutely cannot complain about stuff I didn't get when the ones we did get are so awesome. Even the newcomers I wasn't necessarily hyped for have totally impressed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Among the 3 characters revealed during the e3 time, I only like Mii Fighters. Couldn't care less about Palutena or Pac-Man. Pac-Man's moveset does look fun, though. Palutena's doesn't look like anything noteworthy. It's just... there.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Same option I picked last time; "leaning on the bad side". The only newcomer I don't hold negative or indifferent feelings towards is Megaman.

Some characters like Villager, Mac and the Mii Fighters are growing on me because they look fun to play as. However, characters like WFT and Palutena are bland both from an inclusion-hype and gameplay perspective to me (idc if you think Palutena's moveset is unique).

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'll be honest the only newcomers I am truly hyped for so far is Megaman and Pacman

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
It's great so far. I just want my Krystal now, and everything will be good in the hood.

Oh, and a reconfirmation of Falco would be nice too.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I love all of the newcomers! I admit I was a bit ashamed that Sakurai would add someone like WFT and Villager, but they grown on me. I'm most hyped for Pac-Man, Little Mac, Rosaluma, and Palutena tho.

Last edited:

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed with the complete lack of villains in the roster, as well as the omission of several characters that are perfect fits for a Smash game (Wonder-Red being a pretty obvious one).

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Don't worry, he shall be in.
I have no doubt that he's in, it'll just be nice to see it officially.

Krystal is the one I'm more worried about. She was more of a viable option when Smash Bros. had a lack of female presence in the series. This new Smash is going all out with the Palutenas and the Rosalinas, so idk how that bolds well for Krystal now. We'll see tho.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I have no doubt that he's in, it'll just be nice to see it officially.

Krystal is the one I'm more worried about. She was more of a viable option when Smash Bros. had a lack of female presence in the series. This new Smash is going all out with the Palutenas and the Rosalinas, so idk how that bolds well for Krystal now. We'll see tho.
I wouldn't mind Krystal, but I want Wolf more. We need more villains now. But i wouldn't mind Krystal at all.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I wouldn't mind Krystal, but I want Wolf more. We need more villains now. But i wouldn't mind Krystal at all.
I'm one of the insane people that believe there will be 4 Starfox reps. Fox, Falco, Wolf returns, Krystal the lone Starfox newcomer.

I know I'm crazy...and maybe a little bias for one of my favorite Nintendo franchises.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
I'm ready to change my answer because of this video. Palutena was the only character I was like "really? eh" about so far, but this video totally changed my mind on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcZXWZUK6I&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ
I think Palutena looks pretty awesome. The very idea of custom movesets is just super-cool to me, and Palutena's all look really useful (except for that heavenly light thing - god knows the lag on it will be atrocious).

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm one of the insane people that believe there will be 4 Starfox reps. Fox, Falco, Wolf returns, Krystal the lone Starfox newcomer.

I know I'm crazy...and maybe a little bias for one of my favorite Nintendo franchises.
It's possible, but that won't happen in this Smash......or will it? We will get three fire emblem reps tho. Question is, who will be the third one?

himemiya

Smash Lord
For newcomers I only got a problem with pac-man as for veterans why bring back ike, toon link, lucario, and charizard? lucario/charizard are here due to that ****ty mega evolutions gimmick and tink is there for the sake of his hd remake? They could've been replaced by better characters.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
i cant believe im the only one who clicked horrible

granted, we got mega man. and to a much lesser extent, mac, but thats where it ends. everyone else is a jabroni, and i still have problems comprehending the fact that gematsu guys are getting in over mewtwo krool and ridley

Aqueducts

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1713-0780
I actually find most of the newcomers to be excellent additions to the game! I didn't even want Miis or Pacman, but their videos won me over. I'm satisfied with the roster personally and cannot wait to see who else joins!

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I got the character that I wanted in, so I'm pretty satisfied already. It's a bonus that I also like the other newcomers.

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
I'm hype for everyone revealed so far and cant wait to see who comes next..

I'm already set with characters for days so anyone could pop in now and I'd still be smiling.

Hong

The Strongest
I love the newcomers.

I don't really care who the characters are themselves. All that matters to me is gameplay, and the new roster delivers.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I've got no vote until the entire roster has been revealed.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Amazing so far. We're almost at the number of characters Brawl had already, with so far only one clone (Toon Link; but that's okay, he's my main). That's a whopping 34 totally different movesets (including three Miis)!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I've got Rosalina, Greninja, Little Mac and especially Palutena; I think I've lost the right to complain about any roster problems I may have.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I like a lot of the new characters and I'm happy with how original all of their movesets are. I'm not happy with how boring a lot of the old characters are. Many of the old characters still have many moves that don't draw from the source material when they could easily have interesting moves that remind me of things that character does in their respective games. Toon Link still being so much like Link bothers me too.

Top Bottom