• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll, how many Marth user's started using the CG?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Sounds good, thanks. I'll consider making my own local tournaments. I pwn a lot of my friends so I will probably just advertise it at a local gamestop or something to get some good players in it. I'd kill to have a GF who actually liked Super Smash Bros. Last one was a frickin HALO and FPS addict.

Girls are funny like that. They'll never admit they love video games, but god forbid when they play one with you. They get just as competitive and into it as guys do. =P

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
i dont think you can really say a player has no skill for using it because although marth's CG takes no effort at all... why say someone using the ice climbers (which does take effort but is also infinite and 0-death) has skill but not the marth user i mean its the same... i barely play ness players so never really got the chance to even try it. its an effective strat that i find no problemw ith people using but abusing does show lack of skill THAT i understand.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
My dream? If I really wanted to, I could set aside two minutes and practice it. Levitas and I were among the first people to verify exactly how the grab-release chaingrab worked and how it might be possible to escape.

Seriously, this thing is easy. I just don't like to do it because I have enough trouble staying awake playing Brawl as it is.
Levitas the Lucas pro?
But you hate Ness?

Why don't you hate Lucas?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't use the chaingrab (though I've never had to so far.)

I consider it to be unfair to the opponent if they can't play any character they want (especially if those are relatively balanced characters.)

If I can't beat them without it than why do I deserve to win with it?

Thus I have imposed a limit of 3 consecutives on myself should I get the chance to use it.

Top Bottom