• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for Pikachu

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Snake is about even. Pika is one of the few characters that has a good change of winning when pitted against Snake.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Pikas matchups in general can look discouraging. he tends to dominate the unerused characters, but then has trouble with the more used characters. BUT hs has a good matchup vs ddd, and even vs snake, so there is some potential there. and most (if not all except mk lol) of pikas bad matchups are very workable.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm kinda bad with Snake....
And I like being unique and all that jazz.
I guess I'll start playing with him, but I prefer to not rely on TOP to win.
I'll settle for HIGH, but Iono. I guess you have to play TOP to beat TOP. :/

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, see the problem is the main metaknight I have to play against is Stiltzskin, and he's REALLY GOOD.
LIKE UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. Bear will tell you how good he is. He just knows my every move and is generally out of my league. I mean, Wario has a disadvantage vs Meta, but I just feel like I can't do anything in the matchup. DK feels a little better...
Allright, I'm picking up Pika for good, and have a DK on the side.
1. Wario
2. Pika
3. DK
4. Ganon (lol)
5. Bowser (straight lulz)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
DK is really good for pika.

So is game and watch.

I also like Luigi. Despite having never met the guy and picking him as my partner literally 5 minutes before doubles started at FAST, Luigi and I still beat three teams for like 13th place or something - Even having to play m2k and cort first round for some dumb reason.

stelzig

Smash Lord
my friend plays a mean lucas, and we've teamed up together before and had some pretty fun matches. down smash to thunder, while lucas comes in for the absorb and damage towards the upward opponent. hurray for tank!

voting for conan o'lucas.
This. With good coordination you should be able to heal your teammate quite alot.

gallax

Smash Hero
my friend and i work great with G&W. we do our own things and then when i see him with a high percentage i usually QAC ove to him(cuz he is usually trying to escape) and try to fill his bucket to make people try and avoid him which makes his live longer. i like to grab and let him charge his fsmash up and that kills great. if he used his fsmash a lot then he just uses his usmash then. lol. but we work well together. he isnt that good though so dont expect us to win any competitions. i am still waiting to team up with QDVS or Col Bol who have snake and DDD, respeectively.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yeah i agree with all that galax said. using thunder that hits you while standing in front of G&W on the edge is a nearly impossible wall for some to get through. they rush then get hit hard. another thing- G&W likes to throw tech chase. you can take the pressure by allowing the G&W to dthrow then dsmash, while you wait at the right range to fsmash. this can really increase the power of the dthrow tremendously.

gallax

Smash Hero
that works. what he does sometimes actually is when he grabbs an opponent and they are close to me, the opponent tends to roll in the opposite direction from me. so its usually an easy usmash from that point. i should start chargin my fsmash (facing towards him) to make sure they roll the other way. good stuff.

Top Bottom