• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer: What do you think of him?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going around asking the different communities what they think of Pokemon Trainer. What do you guys of the C.Falcon community think of him? Could you take him on? Would you get powned by one? any advantages you guys have? disadvantages? Do you think he is alright or plain bad? other things like that.

Comments?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
*sigh* ok... that's not what I was hoping for in a comment. I think people would find information about PT more interesting and dynamic if they heard... read it from the people themselves, like on a forum. Anything on this forum you could find elsewhere. You dont see to many people rejecting others questions by primarily saying read the -insert source here- If everyone did that there would be no point of this forum.

>>>> Ok other comments?

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is apparently Falcon's best matchup. Other than that, I don't know much save for the few times I've played as him.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
From the whole cast, or just from the Pokemon Trainer's team? Either way... that says alot. :dizzy:
PT's team. Probably a load of crap, though, because everyone knows Falcon has no good matchups. >_>

If you'd like to fix the general ignorance of the Falcon boards on PT, my FC is right there < or ^, depending on how you have it set.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
*sigh* ok... that's not what I was hoping for in a comment. I think people would find information about PT more interesting and dynamic if they heard... read it from the people themselves, like on a forum. Anything on this forum you could find elsewhere. You dont see to many people rejecting others questions by primarily saying read the -insert source here- If everyone did that there would be no point of this forum.

>>>> Ok other comments?
We have a community-submission matchup guide, so any useful information should be submitted there, making this just another space-wasting thread. Do you want every character to come to your forum and ask how to fight PT, burying any decent but nonstickied threads you may have? I think not.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
To the Pokemon Trainer boards: you've obviously never been in the Falcon boards. Most of them don't like to be serious (MOST, there are some intelligent people out there.) I'll answer your silly question anyway.

Squirtle: Squirtle outranges Falcon in the air and edgeguards him quite easily. Falcon, though not as swift in the air, has many more options than just FAir and BAir, as well as the ability to KO Squirtle at lower percents. Squirtle isn't really as easy as everyone here seems to think. I'd say Neutral.

Ivysaur: No doubt, Ivy's advantage. He outranges and outprioritizes Falcon and shuts down any method of approach that Falcon may have. Definite Ivy advantage.

Charizard: Charizard KOs Falcon easily, stops most of Falcon's (nonexistant) approaches with his tilts, edgeguards him easily, racks up damage quickly, and has Falcon easily succumb to Rock Smash. Charizard's advantage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My pen on paper analysis:

Squirtle: Everything about this matchup sucks. Squirtle is a small target with a lot more grab range and priority than you do, and one of his throws kills at like 130% or something ridiculous. Approaching is amazingly hard in this matchup.

Ivysaur: You get to punish whiffed moves with grabs. Ivysaur is also terrible in the air, so you can punish Ivysaur a little bit here. Gimping Ivysaur isn't too terribly hard either..

Charizard: similar to Ivysaur in that you can punish some whiffed moves with grabs, but more difficult, and much less likely to be gimped. Charizard is also more difficult to deal with in the air than Ivysaur.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok thank you Demenise for no flame but giving me the heads up on how this community is. I'll just be on my way and let this thread die. Your summaries have pretty much ocvered it. Though if you have comments on moves and such you can add that to this thread.

see ya later

brawler15

Smash Cadet
Squirtle-Ok I got this just use punches and f-smash he'll be gone in no time

Ivysaur-QUIT SPAMMING B AND A

Charizard-God I hate that Ivysaur! Let me take it all out on Charizard by kneeing him constantly.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
GO!.. IVYSA.... FALCON PAWNNNNNNNNNNCH

Thats basically what happens if some noob tries to swap inbetween pokes during a match. GG

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
PT has potential if the player knows when to switch at the right time... which most don't. Since he can switch from an agile fighter to a power house he should be at least a decent tier but again players just can't seem to figure out how to use him correctly.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Squirtle is apparently Falcon's best matchup. Other than that, I don't know much save for the few times I've played as him.
joke!! now way man that little turtle can shell shift basically the entire FD, Charizard too is a pain cause he out prioritizes falcon in basically every way and has ridiculous range, Ivy is where Falcon shines most though.

here are my personal rankings from easiest to hardest

Ivy-so gimpable
Charizard- he is fat and has a pretty crap recovery
Squirtle- he can duck, and almost all your attacks will miss and has shell shifting

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
joke!! now way man that little turtle can shell shift basically the entire FD, Charizard too is a pain cause he out prioritizes falcon in basically every way and has ridiculous range, Ivy is where Falcon shines most though.

Ivy-so gimpable
Squirtle- he can duck, and almost all your attacks will miss and has shell shifting
ive only played one good pokemon trainer.
ivysaur can quickly build up damage and destroy you.(hardest)
charizard can easily destoy you if played right.(medium)
sqirtle is weak and gets destoyed by captain falcon.(easiest)

Wogrim

Smash Lord

Ivy-so gimpable
Ivy- yes gimpable, but in my opinion he's a bunch like Olimar as far as his moveset goes; he can cover all your angles of approach with better moves. His "jabs" have ridiculous range and can pretty much **** you on the ground, his bullet seed thing will do tons of damage if you try to come from above, and his up-b will get you from a a diagonal. He razorleaf isn't as good as Pikmin throw but can be thrown at an angle. Ivy's definately a lot easier than Olimar, but by no means easy.

Charizard's up-B is very edge-hoggable, but since he can glide and he's pretty heavy it's not that easy to kill him. He also has really good range, and if he predicts something with rock smash you're taking huge damage. In the air, his FAir is hard to beat and his NAir is like ROB's but not quite as good.

Squirtle is definately not as easy as some people claim, since he's so small and has a throw that kills, but I don't think he's the hardest at all. His shortness makes aerial approaches generally useless, but his range isn't that great.

Onxy

Smash Lord
My pen on paper analysis:

Squirtle: Everything about this matchup sucks. Squirtle is a small target with a lot more grab range and priority than you do, and one of his throws kills at like 130% or something ridiculous. Approaching is amazingly hard in this matchup. You forgot to mention that the Captain out ranges Squirtle everywhere, and the Dthrow won't kill at 130% because Squirtle will be either tired, or dead.

Ivysaur: You get to punish whiffed moves with grabs. Ivysaur is also terrible in the air, so you can punish Ivysaur a little bit here. Gimping Ivysaur isn't too terribly hard either..
You mean she has terrible aerial speed. Her best spacing move comes from the air. Nair, and Fair are also good. Lol, it's probably easier to gimp the Cpt. than he could to Ivy.

Charizard: similar to Ivysaur in that you can punish some whiffed moves with grabs, but more difficult, and much less likely to be gimped. Charizard is also more difficult to deal with in the air than Ivysaur. Not much to say here, except that everything Falcon does gets him grabbed.
Comments in bold

Roager

Smash Ace
Charizard's the easiest. He's a big target, and he's fairly slow. He's not useless, of course, but he's a lot easier. Knee him. It's tough to miss it on him. Ivy- Like olimar. Can be **** near untouchable if played defensively. He kills most people's approaches, and falcon's not good for approaches as is. But, if you can get past that, he's fairly easy to combo. Squirtle's just hard to fight.

Top Bottom