• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer vs Bowser

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I'd have to disagree with those ratios, Scourge. I think Charizard definitely has the advantage on Bowzer. Not a huge one, but enough to give more trouble than take. Probably about as much advantage as Ivy's disadvantage which I don't think is that much either. I just wouldn't feeel good about using Squirtle against Bowser, but my Squirtle sucks, so meh. I like Charizard best in this matchup, but that's just me.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Type matchups kinda influenced it some, not really. Charizard is pretty tricky. About char v bow i say even to maybe in chars favor. Charizard can fly and bowzer cant so... now im just being plain silly.
Umm...........its hard to tell. I need more pt experience. Im down for wifi matches later today, around 8 pm Thursday

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I'll send a Wii friend request thing. . .whatever they're called. I get off from my job at about 9 Eastern Time, so if you're in Central, which I would think you are, being in Alabama, but maybe not, I would be available around that time too.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Im home now if u wanna do it but nine it is then
@smashkng
its easy, go to training mode pick bowser and set ivysaur as your opponent.
Then just shield grab ivy rinse and repeat. Ivy will not be able to escape unless ivy air releases

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I can go vs. you now, if you want.

No, Eh, Charizard has a definite advantage. He is not completely dominant; that's not what I mean. But he does definitely have the upper hand.

Btw, what is your sig? It looks like something from Monty Python.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Give me a min
OK. My connection in my room, where my Wii is, is slow as Christmas. But, I finally got it to connect. Btw, you need to verify our registration as friends. Tell me when you're ready.

P.S. Record these, if possible. I need some video time against somebody good.

I would also like to apologize to the entire PT community for the shame I am about to bring upon us all:p

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Ok. Consider it doen! LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: My connection is effing up, so be patient. It keeps not letting me connect, but if you can bear with, I should be able to get a connetion in a minute.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
OK, I'm upstairs now, so it should be up and runnning any sec now cause my connection is a bajillion times faster up here.

Edit: oK, I'm on. I made a room. Join. Let's Brawl!

That one should count, but I meant to change the rules and forgot. Is 3 stock good by you?

Edit: good games. I never realized how bad lag sucked. Want to do three three stocks and make that the first?

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Those were some fun matches. I still gotta do my homework. Good matches but bowser is awful on wifi. Dont mean to john but this was the second time i have ever done wifi. I liked the yoshi matches they were prolly the most fun

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Agreed. I also found the Yoshi ones the most fun, but that was probably because I won 2 out of the 3 we played, lol. This was only the second time I'd ever done wifi too and I've never had lag anywhere close to that bad. Yeah, all 4 of our characters (5 counting Yoshi) are terribad on wifi. I think Bowser is definitely disadvantaged against Zard; I'm just not good enough to exploit it. I also think Ivysaur is better WITHOUT THE INFINITE. That was the most annoying thing ever. You did sooooooo much better against me with Bowser than with Yoshi, but your Yoshi just seemed to flow a lot better. You are great with both, at least, compared to me. I learned that Flying Slam is a great move against PT, as is dsmash. I need to work on defending against those. Also, because Bowser's Flame Breath is so much more radial than Zard's Flamethrower, it's a lot harder to DI out of. I also learned that Rock Smash is more spammable than I thought. I spammed it too much, but it was a very effective tool. I hope you recorded most of those. I tried, but it's frustrating that I only won one that was under three minutes. You definitely trounced me, though. Good fights. Oh, yeah, and I also learned that I DO suck as bad as I say. If you can, post some of those vids. I need some vids of me on the PT boards. My hat's off to you. If I come to Alabama over winter break, we need to get some face-to-face matches. Congratulations again on your victory. Very fun fights. Plus, they gave at least us 2 great insight into the PT vs. Bowser matchup.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Quick reply before i go
i did the infi ite thing to show u that its there
because of lag i couldnt do a single grab release
bowser is at a disadvantage against another character? So what else is new lol
such is the life of a low tier mainer :)
Yeah we should totally do it in person!!!
Less lag that way lol

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Bowser can't force a ground break 100% of the time. Even if it doesn't want to jump break it'll do it if it isn't in pummel hitstun. Bowser's pummel is terrible at forcing ground breaks.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
So then, he doesn't have a true infinite on Ivy?
Bowser can't air release chain grab Ivysaur which he can do against Squirtle and Charizard, so I would say that it's infinite til jump break which is very possible due poor pummel of Bowser. But what I can say it's more ground break to pivot grab to get backwards against Squirtle and Charizard and air release regrab them if they jump break.

Here is the "infinite" on two of PT's Pokémon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeOvN3LtlKI

T-block

B2B TST
Taken from the comments in that vid:

Bowser has a 27-frame pummel, and we have 15 frames out of that to jump break. So the scariest part about the grab release is what he can do to you at the end of the chain, but the damage you take from the pummeling shouldn't be a huge deal. Grab release to the edge -> f-air is kinda scary for Ivysaur though.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Kind of a late reply but sorry about those vids but i didnt have anyway of recording the matches. The whole thing was just sort of a random experience for me. Im just now really getting into the whole smash thing and even going to a couple of tournaments here or there. But yeah, good times and i hope to meet u in person :)

Mariofan2010

Smash Rookie
Even with the frame-rate difference, Bowser, if used properly, could defeat all 3. I don't know how that would happen, though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mariofan, please don't bump topics over three months old.

I do agree with you, though, that Bowser beats PT.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't get the don't bump topics thing because if you make a new topic people just get told to "search to see if the topic was already made before you make a topic"

kind of a catch 22

IM OFF TOPIC LOOK AT ME

T-block

B2B TST
It's preferably to bump an old thread than to make a new one on the same topic.

But if you do bump it, you'd better have something to say, or discussion to start.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Squirtle- Squirtle can combo Bowser real easily if the Bowser player doesn't put up their shield. Keep in mind that Bowser does have a big shield, so you have to be patient and wait for his shield to get smaller, then you can start comboing. Also, Squirtle is a light weight, so Squirtle can easily die at 80% from Bowser's U-Air.

60:40

Ivysaur- All is can say is go after the Bowser player with a RAR back air (if bowser is being campy), then follow it with a f-tilt. However, if Bowser is aggressive, then go for a fast fall Nair and bullet seed him to death. Bowser is very easy to target in mid air if you can read the opponent's mind of when that player will air dodge and simply finish him off with a U-Air at high percent.

60:40

Charizard- I'll be back later

Top Bottom