• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer Online Thread

Onxy

Smash Lord
What do you mean? Not another one of those "lag is symmetrical" garbage, because that isn't true. It's not like I lost every round, I won majority of them; or at least half.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
*Cough* Umm... right. I probably shouldn't mention the 2-stock Mario and Samus back-to-back matches, then.

Either way, you'll notice you don't see me making excuses for the matches I lost. Lose the ego, dude. You don't wear it well. These are supposed to be FRIENDLY matches, and no one likes when people make excuses.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I like the part where I say " I lost because of lag" statment. Read what I said before, because I'm saying that I didn't enjoy those games because I was fighting the lag, rather than you. I'm giving you a reason why I didn't enjoy those games, rather than johning on how I lost.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What I'M saying is this:

I'm saying you knew what you were getting into. This isn't the first time we've played online.

I'm saying you coincidentally left after you started losing more and more matches by larger margins.

I'm saying this isn't the first time you've complained about supposedly crippling lag. (See first statement.)

I'm saying that the more you're posting, the more obvious it is that you're just trying to save face.

I'm saying that you're the only person I've played that has had to quit solely from button lag (as opposed to game lag).

And finally, I'm saying there's no need for sour grapes. If you thought the game was unplayable, just quit and leave. There's absolutely NO need for constantly posting "lag" this and "lag" that. I wouldn't have started in on you if it weren't for your first post. It was completely unnecessary and frankly a little rude.

Onxy

Smash Lord
What I'M saying is this:

I'm saying you knew what you were getting into. This isn't the first time we've played online.

I'm saying you coincidentally left after you started losing more and more matches by larger margins.

I'm saying this isn't the first time you've complained about supposedly crippling lag. (See first statement.)

I'm saying that the more you're posting, the more obviously it is that you're just trying to save face.

I'm saying that you're the only person I've played that has had to quit solely from button lag (as opposed to game lag).

And finally, I'm saying there's no need for sour grapes. If you thought the game was unplayable, just quit and leave. There's absolutely NO need for constantly posting "lag" this and "lag" that. I wouldn't have started in on you if it weren't for your first post. It was completely unnecessary and frankly a little rude.
Do you honestly think that I care to save face because of these people, or from you?

It wasn't this bad when I first fought you (still really bad though) and it wasn't as bad at the start, but starting from the first Mario match; oh man was it terrible from there.

I was going to leave at the start of a few matches, but it would be kinda messed up to leave right away after going out of your way to play. So I thought it was best to leave after you owning me. Yes I don't play some people if I know it's going to be laggy (like I told Hydde).

I even mention lag ruining the fun for me even when I win ALL of my games. It's not just when I lose, dude.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Of what?

10 whats.
I... have no idea what this meant, sorry.

At any rate, I'm just saying that it's somewhat impolite to constantly complain about something, real or imagined. It's not like either of us can do anything about it, so it was very rude to bring up. It's nothing personal, and I wasn't trying to read anything more into it than I was.

We're cool, man. Let's just shake on it and let bygones be bygones, alright?

*Offers hand*

Onxy

Smash Lord
Lol, offering your hand is like asking me if I'm a douche or not.

:Shakes:

You said that it's my perrogative. My perrogative of what? I mean I did have more than one point, lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
:'( sorry guyz school has been overwhelming me me for this week. I still have work to do so Today and tomorrow I'll be busting my butt to get it done. Hopefully this will be the end of my busy and stressful week.

On the up side though I wentto Gameware monthly last night a did so much better with my Toon Link. Lost ot the 3rd best person in first match(closr match with hjis DK, 2 uped by Kirby) then won two other matches, got some recorded, and then lost again against someone who is pretty good as Capt. Falcon. He deserved to win that match. though he won one with CF and one with Ness. but the matches I lost we neck and neck, and I think I did so much better than last time. so for now I'm keeping PT to just friendlies due to I have no control over him as muchg as I do for TL.

See yall later.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I'll play you trip, ( I know it's going to lag, but if it lags too much, I might leave early; is that okay?)

Onxy

Smash Lord
Oh that was an hour ago, and an hour I've spent trying to get this site to open...

Miles.

Smash Champion
I am using my neighbors wireless, and for some reason it disappeared...

I cant connect with my wii.

Sooooooooooo gay.

oh well. i am getting internet installed sometime this wekk hopefully.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I was here the whole time IRL, but your connection vanished? Lol.

Glusent

Smash Journeyman
sry about the double post, but is my avatar visable? on my screen, it doesn't exist

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just want to get an update from you guys. Hows everything going? are yall having alot of problems? are things going ok? still I am doing work for schoolso for now brawl is out of the question but i'm going to finish the other parts of my work today so hopefully i can get it all done with time to spare.

Also Sudai said he should have some of his vids posted by Wed. So when he does, I'll post my matches from this past tourny at gameware and you guys can see my toon link game ^^

Miles.

Smash Champion
Looking for a match.

I just got my new internet and my wii has wired internet not wifi so i want to see how it works!!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'll play a couple if you're still looking, IRL. I had to get a brand-new save file since my old one got glitched out (*Sigh*), so I'll need to set up my connection again anyway. Let me know!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, for what it's worth, it's better now. I've been trying to discover something that some *******s have been keeping secret, and my game got glitched out as a result of my experimenting. I'm busy resetting the My Music settings now.

The only MAJOR loss is all of my replay data, (though I backed up the save file, so I could get it back) since I can always just get all the friend codes back at any point in time.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Were those matches laggy when you fought me?
very.

and I have really nice internet now so i think it was mainly you.

but it didnt spike to much so if it just lags a bit i will deal with it for now until i find more poeple with green connections.

Onxy

Smash Lord
very.

and I have really nice internet now so i think it was mainly you.

but it didnt spike to much so if it just lags a bit i will deal with it for now until i find more poeple with green connections.
I like how you're quick to say "you". I have a red connection to with you; so I must live far from where you are.

Toby.

Smash Master
I like how you're quick to say "you". I have a red connection to with you; so I must live far from where you are.
The dot doesn't necessarily refer to the other person. It's a representation of the connection between both, and is limited by the speed of the slowest connection.

So it could be you, him, location, or a combination of these. Since you seem to experience extremely laggy connections pretty frequently, there's a good chance that its at least partly due to your connection.

Doesn't really matter either way, though. Blame won't change much.

Miles.

Smash Champion
The dot doesn't necessarily refer to the other person. It's a representation of the connection between both, and is limited by the speed of the slowest connection.

So it could be you, him, location, or a combination of these. Since you seem to experience extremely laggy connections pretty frequently, there's a good chance that its at least partly due to your connection.

Doesn't really matter either way, though. Blame won't change much.
I have mainly yellows and a lot of greens and just a few reds.

I just have lag to him I suppose. Not because of him.

XD

Top Bottom