• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer B Move Discussion

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i think charizard may be doing a down smash.

none of these moves look like they can be B moves, if they are, i'd be sorely dissappointed

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
well his down smash could be something like earthquake or something, and if that was charizard landing, i don't think meta knight would be jumping to avoid it

gamer8

Smash Lord
Squirtle

B : Water Gun : Shots a small blast of water that does damage.

Down B : Aqua Tail : Jumps up a little bit and slams the ground with its tail and it also createsa puddle.

Ivysaur

<-> B : Razor Leaf : Shakes its body and fires out about 3 or 4 leafs that go completely straight
OR​
Cut : Its chargable and Ivysaur slashes forward wit one of its vines.

Down B : Petal Dance : Makes Petals spin around it. It keeps going as long as you hold the button, but if
you go for too long your movement is mixed up.

Charizard

Up B : Wing Attack : Charizard spins upward as long as you hold the button, to a certain extent.

Down B : Seismic Toss : When I see Charizard I always think of this move from the show. He flys upward
and spins around twice and slams the ground. Keep in mind this isn't a slow move.

I think they should be these moves. I went ahead and included the Down B's too.
I approve.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
For Charizard's Up-B I'm sticking with my sky attack theory. As for Squirtle, I believe that his down be will be something like maybe Mario's FLUD. As for his neutral B... I dunno.

mario95

Smash Rookie
Interesting image here:

We know vine whip is Ivy's up-b move, but he seems to be using it while running... does that mean he uses it for some A moves as well? The theory of a giant-range-disjointed hitbox Ivy looks promising... though I hope that's not all they gave him... the critter needs some full-body tackles!
Get it together people, Ivysaurs grab is vine whip to, it is not vertical, that is his up b, but it can be diagnal or horizantol. Just think about it four a second, he is four legs that he walks on, he cant grab like the other characters, thats why he uses vinewhip to help him grab.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
he looks pissed 24/7.

if squirtle has water gun as his Standard Special how do you think it will work. i am against it working like FLUDD that is for sure. it should do damage and little knock-back

Like how Bowsers Fire worked in melee maybe.
In the games it was more like a small water bullet rather than a continuous stream, like the anime. I'm betting it will be more like that. Charizard's Flamethrower is already pretty much like Bowser's Fire Breath; we don't want the two Pokémon being too similar, do we?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe charizard moves his head back and forth while using flamethrower

Like how he did in N64 and Melee Pokeball form

Greevy

Smash Cadet
Charizard: Fire Spin: he shoots out a spinning pillar of fire below him that that raises him up for as long as b-up is held. It does insane damage but leaves him vulnerable as if he's attacked he gets paralyzed until dies/hits ground/is attacked again.

Ivysaur: Razor Leaf: Keep hitting B-Foward and he'll send out a wave of razor leaves smaller and wih less knockback then Chikorita's.

Squirtle: Watergun: Duh.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Squirtle with Ice Beam as his Standard B move, but it's not likely :ohwell:, I guess Bubblebeam is the most logical one (although Ice Beam would pwn...)

For Ivysaur, Razor Leaf would be the only way to go, he has a high vertical range attack (bullet seed), he should have a high horizontal range, projectile-like Razor Leaf... I'm a little concerned about his jumping, vine whip doesn't seem to be the best recovery move (because it depends on a ledge), although it maybe good for damage purposes? :ohwell:

Charizard... I'm still a little :dizzy: at the Rock Smash move, o_O. For his Up B... Aerial Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, whatever... It has to propel him up, with extended wings that do some damage, maybe add some Fire to make him a Fox Up B wannabe :laugh: :psycho:

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
So what, is that rule now or something? Razor Leaf fits perfectly, and apperantly confirmed now.

I foresee Charizard having Fly as his up special and Seismic Toss as his up throw.

yes i 100% agree with you
i was also thinking rapid spin for UP B(similar to bowsers) waterfall is nice and all but we get it he uses water attacks

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Charizard-Fly or Seismic Toss
Ivysaur-Razor Lead
Squirtle-Bubblebeam?

I didnt pay attention to squirtle so i forgot.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
Ivysaur's ->B could be tackle,were he charges foward ramming players(chargable the longer charged the more distance and power the attack has NOTE:the attack only travels through the ground unlike pika's tackle move but can still be performed in mid-air)the reason I dont suggest razor leaf is because chicorita alrdy uses that move

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Yes Rock Smash is...a mystery but Ive said it on at least 3 different occasions on this thread, Seismic Toss for Up B

iron blade

Smash Ace
I think Squirtle will have bubblebeam or something, Ivysaur will have razor-leaf and he uses his vines to grab, and Charizard will have fly/seismic toss for his upB. I can't think of what their downB could possibly be...

mario brawler- EDIT and MULTIQUOTE buttons.

Top Bottom