• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer B Move Discussion

smashbot226

Smash Master
I am not going to discuss ALL of the moves at Pokemon Trainer's disposal, just one problem with one:

WHY THE HECK IS SQUIRTLE'S B> NOT AQUA JET? It'd make more sense.

Anyhoo, the missing move speculations. Seeing as how Charizard AND Squirtle both have HM moves, Ivysaur's B> may be Cut or Strength. Charizard's B^ will need to be a Flying attack, like Fly, Wing Attack, or Aerial Ace. Squirtle's Neutral B is most likely going to be either Water Gun or Bubble. How would these moves I have suggested work??? Well:

Ivysaur__

Strength: A chargeable spin attack. The longer you charge, the more powerful it is.

Cut: A swift multiple hitting slash with Vine Whip and nice combo starter.

Charizard__

Fly: Like Meta's B>, except slower but more powerful and longer lasting.

Wing Attack: A swift spinning attack that has Charizard's wings doing a Link's B^ motion. Height is good, but distance is an issue, a complete opposite from Fly and...

Aerial Ace: A quick and sure hitting horizontal drilling attack that has almost NO vertical gain, but is extremely well for those high altitude, far off situations.

Squirtle__

Bubble: Squirtle could shoot a bubble that bounces around the stage and if t hits any foes, or another Pokemon besides Squirtle, even on your team, they recieve little damage, but are slowed to Ike-like speeds.

Water Gun: An equivalent to Mario's FLUDD. Chargeable, aimable, and makes pudddles you can swim in.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Charizard's B attack has already been announced as Flamethrower, pretty much the same as bowser's B-standard. As for the others, it's too hard to tell what they'll be. Psy.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Squirtle- Water Gun
Ivysaur- Razor Leaf
Charizard- Fly or Seismic Toss

smashbot226

Smash Master
Look, if Sakurai already hadn't given Charizard and Squirtle HM moves, I would totally suggest Razor Leaf for Ivysaur. However, since this is so, I really don't want to say this, but perhaps Ivysaur is going to get an HM move for B>...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
my guess is that Squirtle will have Watergun...but it shouldnt work like Mario's FLUDD...should kinda be like Blastoise when he pops out of his Pokeball...but not as spammable...

Ivysaur should have Razor Leaf...nothing else...

Charizard should have Fly...which causes no-flinch frames when rising and he can kinda float like Peach at the peak of the rise for a bit and then crash down by pressing B again...you could also cancel fly into a glide which could work nicely on recovery.....

IMHO...

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Charizard's B attack has already been announced as Flamethrower, pretty much the same as bowser's B-standard. As for the others, it's too hard to tell what they'll be. Psy.
proof of this please?(im not saying your lying i just wanna see it for myself)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
proof of this please?(im not saying your lying i just wanna see it for myself)
It says that Charizard's neutral B move is Flamethrower on the Dojo website.

I hope Squirtle's Neutral B move is bubble. I think it would look really cute, and the idea about slowing the enemy down is pretty good. I thought maybe it would be more of a streaming bubble jet that would sorta of break up and pop. Maybe slowly gives enemies moderate damage while the are stuck in the bubbles. It would be awesome if it also made enemies slower while they were touching the bubbles.

Ivysaur seems a definite razor leaf to me for >B, but I guess I don't know if it's an HM

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
It makes since for Ivysaur's ->B to be strength, I totally see it happening, Squirtles B move could be bubblebeam, now for Charizard I thought for sure it was going to be Fly but instead they're probably going to give him aerial ace or wing attack.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Theres gotta be a Razor Leaf somewhere in there for Ivysaur....anyway I really think that instead of Rock Smash Charizard should have Dragon Claw. He also needs Seismac Toss but that should be after he grabs somebody and presses UP. I agree that Squirtles withdraw sucks. They shoulda given him something better. I really want to see Squirtle with an Ice attack though.

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah, Squirtle should definately have something like ice beam. In the show, May's Squirtle practically always used ice beam.

It could work like the Ice Climber's Ice Shot, that is, it would temporarily freeze them if their damage is above a certain number.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, first, I would like to say that we really shouldn't say Squirt's B> sucks till we see it in action. For all we know it could work like Sonic's kick *ss) B> where he isn't stopped on impact and can bounce around.

For his B. . . .can't see it being anything other than a charge up mouth water like thing. Either Bubble/ bubblebeam or water gun.

Ivy B> should be Razor leaf. We have enuff characters with dash B> attacks and Ivy seems like a range character.

We have yet to see Char's B> in action but GOOD GOD! Why rock smash? I can see why Squirtle gets withdraw but why rock smash for char? It's not his sig attack. . . .I don't think "rock smash" when I think Char. We don't even know how it works. . .he wacks the rock with his head and it blows up (a scan in a mag showed this end result (don't know what happenes between the start and that scan thouh). Along with Ivy's leaves spinning around his flower like a clopper as he runs forward).

I HOPE they change that. . . we haven't seen very much of PT at all so maybe they are changing things.

I say Char should have flare blitz as his B^. . . hes a friggin fire pokemon so I want to see some fire! Plus, we have normal "fly" like attacks. Char could charge up and fly fast well completely on fire(fully controled, not a one directional think like Fox's). Maybe no charge at all but just alil lag at the start where he erupts into flames.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Those scans you mentioned sound interesting, Black/Light. You have links to them, by any chance? I don't recall seeing them.

Look, if Sakurai already hadn't given Charizard and Squirtle HM moves, I would totally suggest Razor Leaf for Ivysaur. However, since this is so, I really don't want to say this, but perhaps Ivysaur is going to get an HM move for B>...
So what, is that rule now or something? Razor Leaf fits perfectly, and apperantly confirmed now.

I foresee Charizard having Fly as his up special and Seismic Toss as his up throw.

smashbot226

Smash Master
That is not Razor Leaf. It COULD be, but it doesn't look like it.

To be a mainstay, Razor Leaf HAS to be ranged. It's in the games, where all of the moves come from. At best, it's A forward tilt. Or Cut as a B>...

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
That is not Razor Leaf. It COULD be, but it doesn't look like it.

To be a mainstay, Razor Leaf HAS to be ranged. It's in the games, where all of the moves come from. At best, it's A forward tilt. Or Cut as a B>...
I agree the picture doesnt really confirm anything except that ivysaur uses his leaves to attack people.

It could easily be a standard attack.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I think Squirtle should have withdraw since his defense is horrible.
I guess like kirby down B but squirtle should be able to move.

Turbo Grafx-16

Smash Cadet
I wish Charizard hadn't gotten Rock Smash, I would prefer Outrage.

The in game text mentions Charizard going berserk while fighting and with the stamina system I imagine it would work pretty well, Zard is stronger and faster and loses stamina rapidly while using Outrage. But since we really don't know anything about Stamina and his up-B will probably be Fly, this is just my little shattered dream. :(

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle - Standard B - Water Gun - Pushes forward with a stream of water (not as far as F.L.U.D.D.), but does damage.

Ivysaur - Side B - Petal Dance - Tackles enemy and flower petals burst out upon impact. Can be charged. The more it's charged the more flower petals.

Charizard - Up B - Fly - Extends wings and flies upward to ram opponents (just about as high as Shuttle Loop).

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i like the idea of ivysaurs side special. the others are all but confirmed. but i always say ivysaur having razor leaf. it just that it is the symbol move for grass pokemon. i see it as a razor leaf that flys straight sideways. he does lack horizontal attacks.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i like the idea of ivysaurs side special. the others are all but confirmed. but i always say ivysaur having razor leaf. it just that it is the symbol move for grass pokemon. i see it as a razor leaf that flys straight sideways. he does lack horizontal attacks.
are you talking about my idea fir ivysaur's side b?

Eagle

Smash Lord
If Ivysaur doesn't get razorleaf as his B> it would suck. Razor leaf is practically Bulbasaurs trademark move in the anime along with vine whip.

I dunno but the idea of cut... sucks?

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
If Ivysaur doesn't get razorleaf as his B> it would suck. Razor leaf is practically Bulbasaurs trademark move in the anime along with vine whip.

I dunno but the idea of cut... sucks?
would you rather have a generic razor leaf or a cool attack with more combo ability/priority?

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
Razor leaf would be pretty cool if it had some different ways to shoot it like samus's missiles; Razor leaf is smash side B and magic leaf is tilt side B. Or if the leaves could boomerang or be controlled vertically (link/pit's projectiles). I just wouldn't want it to be a generic projectile.

He has some other moves that he can learn that are pretty cool/tactical such as his various spores/powder, razor wind, light screen, etc.

Plus, there are so many other options for attacks, because with the announcement of bullet seed as his neutral B, it opens up TMs and such for attack options. This means he could have sludge bomb, swords dance, of fury cutter to name a few.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Razor leaf would be pretty cool if it had some different ways to shoot it like samus's missiles; Razor leaf is smash side B and magic leaf is tilt side B. Or if the leaves could boomerang or be controlled vertically (link/pit's projectiles). I just wouldn't want it to be a generic projectile.

He has some other moves that he can learn that are pretty cool/tactical such as his various spores/powder, razor wind, light screen, etc.

Plus, there are so many other options for attacks, because with the announcement of bullet seed as his neutral B, it opens up TMs and such for attack options. This means he could have sludge bomb, swords dance, of fury cutter to name a few.
Hmm, sludge bomb doesnt sound too bad, but swords dance wasnt really an offensive maneuver, fury cutter sucked too.. sleep powder and the stun powder would just be OP imo. maybe maybe leech seed that acts like the lipstick from ssbm and deals damage but also heals ivysaur for each damage inflicted =)

Top Bottom