• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon TCG

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wondering if I'm the only one who has cards. I have to mix in the cards (Team Magma, Originals, and the DP cards) 'cause I don't have that much. I also don't have any grass energies but some pretty crazy Grass Pokemon. I lack a Chimchar and Torchic, but have the rest of their evolutionary line...

I need to know a place where I can get a new theme deck (actually two, one for my brother) for cheap. I sorta like the Cutting Edge/Rock Point theme decks, but again, I need a Chimchar and/or Torchic...

Then again, the grass energies would help me out quite a bit... IDK

So yeah, anyone know where to get new theme decks for cheap? (By new I mean the standard cards now, DP cards).

Oh, yeah, this is the official TCG discussion, if anyone cares.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I have over 1000 cards, but none are legal for competitive play since they're so old. They're probably not worth anything either. :(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm pretty much in ORly's boat. I have a ton of cards, but only like, five of them are actually new enough to be legal for official play.

I just play with one of my friends every once in a while. = 3

The original expansions >>>>>>> This EX ****.

And yes, I have a Charizard. Even though it's likely not worth $200 anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have my holographic Charizard card still

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I used to play a couple years ago, but it changes too much!

Plus, I didn't want to waste my money anymore on cards, so I stopped playing.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I get my new cards from an auction in Virginia when I vacation there... well, a large scale yard sale. One dollar gets you a nice pack o' cards.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
I still have my old Electric Energy recycle deck, but i'm not sure which ones are legal. I would guess most of them are though... Gawd that deck was fun. Plusle+Minun = You KO one of my Poke's, I get 2 energies back and draw 2 :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
My much younger cousin is into Pokemon TCG, and man, kids these days are fools. He says that the older kids told everyone his age that Wingull cards were the rarest, so he trades that crap for a ton of holographics (he's too bright to fall for the crap). Also, Ancient Mews are supposedly the most sought after cards in his school, so I supply him with the many, many copies I have from the 2000 movie, and he gets like 40 cards for one. SO, I have collected a number of new cards from him through trading. He loves to trade, and I'd hate to disappoint him, so we trade every now and then. Reliving good nostalgia man.

So yeah, I have a growing collection of great new cards.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I have like...7. I quit collecting after...Base 2 I think? Either that one or Fossil, whichever came out last. And then I eventually gave all of them to a friend of mine. It wasn't until another friend of mine decided to bring his over and make me play it again that I ever even bought any, and we went out and bought two of the newer big packs. We each built a deck out of those cards and his own personal, rather decently sized stash, and played for quite a while. When he left I gave him all the cards I had bought; knowing I'd never have a need for them again, and he gave me a few cards of his out of appreciation.

I would probably still collect if it weren't for not knowing anyone who plays. I absolutely love card games, but no one around plays a single one of them now that we've all graduated. I've got at least 5,000 Magic cards under my bed, but I never pull them out anymore because of that. I was good too...I'll tell you that. And for how little I play anymore, I've still got it. Found that out when I friend came over. :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I only had one card, which was the Mewtwo card from the first movie. I never got into the TCG though, mainly because no one I knew actually played the game, they just got cards, and traded them, so I had no need to get any of my own.

And I also remember Ancient Mew being a fairly dear card back in the day.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hahahaha, I used to have this horrible deck back in the day.

56 Psychic Energies
4 Mewtwos (Base set, I think)

You keep shuffling your deck until you get a Mewtwo, which will hopefully take a while. Because of the rules of the game, if you have no basic Pokemon in your hand, you must reshuffle your deck, draw a new hand, and your opponent must draw a card every time you do this. Each player's deck must have 60 cards.

Mewtwo's Barrier move, which takes 2 Psychic to use, prevents all damage and effects done to him during your opponent's next turn.

Honorable? No. Genius? I'd say so.

Grunt

Smash Master
i have a kick *** deck, but its all from the Holon sets so its way cycled out. it had a few of the tyranitar / slamence fire/steel lines, 2 Jolteon ex lines and the fire/steel mewtwo. the tyranitar had a pokepower that let me draw a card. if it was an energy, i could put it on anyone, so it usually went to my benched mewtwo so he could dish out massive damage with his attack which was based on the number of energies.

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
I remember playing back in the day. I loved the Team Rocket expansion! But about the time GS Pokemon started coming out I stopped playing. Not because I didn't like it, but because everyone I knew stopped. A few years later I gave my little sisters all of my cards. One of my favorite cards was a counterfit Nidorino. Oh, I knew it was fake, because the colors were off, the cardstock was wrong, and it was actually physically smaller than normal cards. But I really liked it for how obviously fake it was.

Then, in February this year, my girlfriend mentioned to me how she had a bunch of Pokemon cards from when she was a kid and she always wanted to learn to play, but never had enough cards, or knew enough people who played. So for Valentine's Day I bought us two starter decks, thinking it would be a fun thing to do that night, we'd play, and get over it and maybe come back a few months later and play again or whatever, but I was wrong. It relighted a love in me for the game, and we started buying up booster packs and themedecks left and right. I got my little sisters (Who had all of my old cards--but lost them) into the game, thier friends, and a few of my friends who used to play, and we're playing nearly all the time. My friend and I are looking to go to the World Championships some time.

I have over 1000 cards, but none are legal for competitive play since they're so old. They're probably not worth anything either. :(
I've heard a lot of people say this, which worries me because I have a few old cards in my deck (Love Pokemon Breeder, Bill, and Professor Elm) but I can't find an official rule on it anywhere. Can you tell me where you found this information?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Nostalgia!

I used to be a competitive TCG player and actually attended several tournaments and a convention out of state. I have little idea what the current meta-game, the rules, or the ban list (in my day consisted of any card before Team Rocket during the Neo expansions for the Limited format) right now is.

I was around since the Jungle/Team Rocket expansions (very, very early) and left some time after the Neo expansions. I remember my main decks being Hay Fever Lockdown (Dark Vilepume) and eventually changing to Magma Burn (Magcargo/Entei).

Good times.

I remember playing back in the day. I loved the Team Rocket expansion! But about the time GS Pokemon started coming out I stopped playing. Not because I didn't like it, but because everyone I knew stopped...

...I've heard a lot of people say this, which worries me because I have a few old cards in my deck (Love Pokemon Breeder, Bill, and Professor Elm) but I can't find an official rule on it anywhere. Can you tell me where you found this information?
Those were the days, weren't they?

If I were you, I would probably check pojo.com and get an idea. My guess is that all those cards are currently banned.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I still collect the cards, right now I have over 3 shoe boxes full of them alone. I try to play competive, but no one I know does, and there are no tournamets nearby. Not to mention the cards just seem too overpowered nowadays. :(

But I still have a blast playing the gbc game. :)

Top Bottom