• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sword and Shield Discussion Thread: Crown Tundra DLC Available Now! Time to Catch Those Legendary Pokemon!

Which Version Do You Plan on Getting?

• Sword

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Shield

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Both

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Turns out that not only the game was leaked, but also the strategy guide as well! Like I said earlier, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't open any spoiler tags in this thread!

D

Deleted member

I feel bad for Game Freak yes the game's graphics could have been horrible looking! Yes the not being able to import all Pokemon is just odd. Seems like lazy and uninspired but people including me were looking forward to the genuine surprise if finding out some if the Pokemon.

Guess some things just can't be avoided!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New Pokemon look absolutely terrible. Only one I kind of liked was the centipede. Gonna skip this one afterall

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EIaEk-aXsAMIdvo.jpg

Aw, hell. Why did they have to add something I like this much. Love this lil' guy

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to let everyone know in advance, Serebii.net will not mention any of the leaked data. But be careful if you're visiting DeviantArt, as you may run into the spoilers there.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I like these games so far after seeing the Sobble line final evolved form definetly is going to end up as one of my favourite Pokemon!

And yeah careful with spoilers and such everyone!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been following those Sword and Shield leaks these past few days, and I just noticed the most recent ones:

I'll be honest: I was initially disappointed with all three of the final stages for each of the Galar starters: they looked rather weird to me at first, though I found myself warming up to Rillaboom a bit. Yep, this was looking to be the first generation where the Water starter I come across would disappoint me, especially as someone who was on Team Sobble at first.

But then I stumbled across this guidebook art of Intelleon:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And OMG!!! Intelleon looks so cool! One pose of it in action, and it shows something about a Pokemon you didn't expect on the first shot of it where it stands still. Seriously, the way it just strikes that spy-like pose with the hand gun, oooooo it looks so good!

Sad to see Intelleon getting hated at first (shame to myself too for being critical of it on the first viewing), because wow, Sobble's final evolution looks so good! Congrats Gen 8! Yet again you wowed me with another yet another awesome Water starter final-stage! No doubt I'm on Team Sobble for sure!

I am also really liking Morgrem and Grimmsnarl! I was not a fan of Impidimp for how uncomfortably strange it looks, but its evolutions look so much better. Morgrem is up there for one of my favorite middle-stage Pokemon out there! I really like its look! Of course, Grimmsnarl is really cool-looking too, or perhaps epic is the better word to describe it! Both are looking to be some of my favorites in this generation!

Rolycoly's evolutions will take some getting used to. I wish they still kept the orange cyborg-like eye that Rolycoly has, or at the very least, their eyes should've been colored orange just like Rolycoly's. The white eyes on Carkol and Coalossal look a bit weird. The Gigantamax form for Coalossal looks pretty good though!

Corvknight's pre-evolutions look amazing! Third generation in a row that we get a really cool-looking evolution line for the regional bird!

Hatterene is looking to be quite an elegant and pretty 'mon, and Dubwool looks amazing for a ram-sheep Pokemon!

The other Pokemon look pretty decent so far, and so does Galarian Rapidash. Aside from Rolycoly's evolutions and Scorbunny's final evolution, the only other Pokemon from the leaks that disappoint me so far are Galarian Meowth and its evolution (the puffiness makes the two Pokemon look so weird) and that one purple dragon from the leaks (looks too weird for my liking, but hopefully it'll get (a) cooler-looking evolution(s) much like how Imidimp was saved for me). As for the rest, this looking to be a pretty solid generation in terms of designs so far.

I'm especially glad that Gamefreak learned their lesson from revealing too many new Pokemon in the Sun/Moon prerelease days and are holding back a decent number of cool Pokemon from being reveled prior to release day so that we can discover them once we play the game for ourselves!

Right now, my team is looking to be Intelleon, Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, and Gallade (of course!). We'll see what else is leaked to decide on the remaining two members!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This generation feels so divisive. the things I dislike, I dislike much more than past generations. And then they reveal something like

1572769775673.png

and it's just too good

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm loving all of these Pokémon.

I also like each of the starters a lot; my favorite is probably Intelleon. I feel like I like them about equally, but definitely choosing Sobble as my starter for my first run. I questioned Intelleon at first, but its finger-gun pose in the artwork that seems to have been leaked makes it look awesome. The blurry, generic standing pose didn't do it justice.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm loving all of these Pokémon.

I also like each of the starters a lot; my favorite is probably Intelleon. I feel like I like them about equally, but definitely choosing Sobble as my starter for my first run. I questioned Intelleon at first, but its finger-gun pose in the artwork that seems to have been leaked makes it look awesome. The blurry, generic standing pose didn't do it justice.
I'm still firmly set on Scorbunny. It's middle form is kind of odd, but I really like it's final form.
6d4.png

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Eternatus (who is after Zacian and Zamazeta in the Pokedex) is one of the coolest-looking Pokemon I've ever seen. Also it turns out that there are 400 total Pokemon in Sword and Shield. Eternatus happens to be at the end of the Pokedex.

Also Galarian Corsola and its evolution Cursola are really clever. Since Galar is an industrial region, it would make sense for them to be based on bleached coral, a result of polution. They are also both ghost type, signifying that they're dead coral.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Heres the renders for the new
bug dragon types

I can't be the only one, but I'm liking the designs of the new Pokemon.
I love the concept of this particular evolutionary line , as they are designed after stealth bomber jets. And in the case of Dragapult, it even has little Dreepy's on it to represent the missles! And them being dragon/ghost is actually really clever, because like I said they're designed on stealth bombers, and ghosts are known for stealth.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
can someone post pictures of the dreepy line? The link isn't working.

Also why the **** did they make gigantomax garbador? They're so ****ing proud of that literal piece of trash that they put him in every damn game even when there's limited space. It did not need a gigantomax form. I'm seriously shocked there is no mega garbador or a regional variant with a third evolution with how much gamefreak seems to think people love it. Seriously **** garbador.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
can someone post pictures of the dreepy line? The link isn't working.

Also why the **** did they make gigantomax garbador? They're so ****ing proud of that literal piece of trash that they put him in every damn game even when there's limited space. It did not need a gigantomax form. I'm seriously shocked there is no mega garbador or a regional variant with a third evolution with how much gamefreak seems to think people love it. Seriously **** garbador.

Looks like one of those twitter accounts gotten taken down.
I think his dynamx is a neat concept but this probably couldve been done with a water-based pokemon or maybe Muk. Also its Garbadour thats like the last pokemon people wanted when cuts were announced
Edit: sorry to any who were avoiding spoilers. The tag started giving me problems and took awhile to fix

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My feelings are mixed.
So many great revealed and leaked new Pokémon.
But they aren’t really worth only having roughly 300-320 of the old ones. That’s a poor trade, even if I don’t care for most Pokémon.
I remember when Sun/Moon pokes were being leaked and it was really exciting. I wish I could feel that way now since they seem awesome, and it would probably be a ton of fun to play, but the fire for the series in my heart has died down. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
My feelings are mixed.
So many great revealed and leaked new Pokémon.
But they aren’t really worth only having roughly 300-320 of the old ones. That’s a poor trade, even if I don’t care for most Pokémon.
I remember when Sun/Moon pokes were being leaked and it was really exciting. I wish I could feel that way now since they seem awesome, and it would probably be a ton of fun to play, but the fire for the series in my heart has died down. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.
There was a leak going around that the dex increases to like 680 post game but it was just text, so probably not too credible. Honestly im gonna skip if Heracross, Bulbasaur, and Sandshrew cant make the cut, and even if they did ill buy it used. If they rectify this in a possible “lance” (or gun lmao) game i’ll definitely go for that.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
As a longtime fan who sank thousands of hours into previous generations...I'm so happy I didn't preorder. What a massive letdown so far. Reasons (and spoilers) to follow:

400 Pokémon? When there were over 800 previously? I've long been against the cuts but this is absurd.

Even with those numbers they somehow managed to make a totally awful selection of the Pokémon they were including. Regional forms of Corsola, Stunfisk, and Mr mime of all things? Gigantamaxing Garbodor? None of my favourites are returning?

This sucks. A lot of the new Pokémon seem cool but it isn't worth it.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
So if we end up getting a gen 8 pokemon as smash dlc, who do you think it could be?
I’d say probably Rillaboom, since we’re missing a solo grass starter, and is probably gonna end up as the favorite starter evo.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A part of me felt that starters were going to be safe, especially Pokes from the previous generation since they are what everyone is leaving to come to Shield and Sword from.

But nope.
Litten is gone.

There's perhaps a dozen or so pokes/lines that were cut that I'd like back, but really there's just one loss that I can actually feel a bit. The fire kitten, and the Smasher it evolves into :ultincineroar:, were my favorites.

I guess there's no wrestling in Galar lol.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
A part of me felt that starters were going to be safe, especially Pokes from the previous generation since they are what everyone is leaving to come to Shield and Sword from.

But nope.
Litten is gone.

There's perhaps a dozen or so pokes/lines that were cut that I'd like back, but really there's just one loss that I can actually feel a bit. The fire kitten, and the Smasher it involves into :ultincineroar:, were my favorites.

I guess there's no wrestling in Galar lol.
Its baffling to me that there is a new pokemon game that doesnt have all the smash mons in it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1572923100637.png

I'm in love with a fictional character

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the pictures of the remaining Gym Leaders that were not revealed during the pre-release trailers:

First up, the one I'm sure you all were eager to see, say hello to our first Dark-type Gym Leader in the series: Piers!

Supposedly, he is Marnie's older brother, at least that's what his bio implies (not to mention he has Team Yell's symbol on his shirt and card).

Next up, the Fairy-type Gym Leader who we knew about since the earliest leaks: Opal!

Her second trainer card shows her with Bede. Maybe they are related (possibly Bede's grandmother)?

Now for another set of Version exclusive Gym Leaders for a given town: the one on the left is Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader. The one on the right is Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader.

They are mother and son respectively, and their bios talk about a complicated relationship between the two of them. Gordie is who you fight in Sword and Melony is who you fight in Shield.

Next, say hello to the Fire-type Gym Leader who we learned his name about since the earliest leaks of the game: Kabu!

Kabu is originally from the Hoenn-region according to his bios.

And last but not certainly not least, here is the really cool-looking Dragon-type Gym Leader: Raihan!

He has a big rivalry with Leon according to his bio. He is also called "the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region," so he is the last Gym Leader you fight in the story.

All of the Gym Leaders also have secondary trainer cards that show other aspects to them. Here are the highlights of those cards:

Yep, Nessa is a model!

This is why I think Opal and Bede are related.

Allister without his mask!

Piers with shorter hair.

You can view all of these Gym Leaders' trainer cards and their bios in this link.

So far, I'm really liking Kabu, Piers, and Raihan from the looks of them. Character-wise, Piers may just be my favorite out of the Galar Gym Leaders so far, at least from reading his bio and the fact he is Marnie's older brother (most likely)/has some sort of affiliation with Team Yell will probably give him some prominence in the story.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
So, anyone else already have their teams planned out? I know I do

- Intelleon. I have friends getting the other two, and honestly, Intelleon doesn't get much love imo
- Corviknight. My favorite new Pokemon design by far. I love regional birds but MAN they knocked this one out of the park!
- Obstagoon. I'm a filthy gen 3 fan, and need to pick up my trash panda
- Machamp. Has a new Gigantamax form, and I love Machamp (Even got me a shiny yesterday in preparation)
- Hatterene. I like the design, even if it is a new waifumon, plus it fills a few holes with weaknesses/resistances
- Toxtricity, the Toxel evo. I initially just put it here to plug more holes on my teams, but the design grew on me super quick, and I think it looks lovely

Special mention: Arctozolt (he's a great concept and so goofy, I love him)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, anyone else already have their teams planned out? I know I do

- Intelleon. I have friends getting the other two, and honestly, Intelleon doesn't get much love imo
- Corviknight. My favorite new Pokemon design by far. I love regional birds but MAN they knocked this one out of the park!
- Obstagoon. I'm a filthy gen 3 fan, and need to pick up my trash panda
- Machamp. Has a new Gigantamax form, and I love Machamp (Even got me a shiny yesterday in preparation)
- Hatterene. I like the design, even if it is a new waifumon, plus it fills a few holes with weaknesses/resistances
- Toxtricity, the Toxel evo. I initially just put it here to plug more holes on my teams, but the design grew on me super quick, and I think it looks lovely

Special mention: Arctozolt (he's a great concept and so goofy, I love him)
This
Pokemon_Teams.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, the main leaker that's responsible for all this swag got nuked by Nintendo, for very insanely stupid reasons. I'll just say that privacy on the net is necessary for a reason.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ve_caught_the_pokemon_sword_and_shield_leaker

It could explain why several of the links got taken down.

I'm still firmly set on Scorbunny. It's middle form is kind of odd, but I really like it's final form.
View attachment 244727
Yeah, his evolution line doesn't make any sense, you get a ninja, then suddenly Brazilian Soccer player mixed with Son Wukong.

Luckily, I've settled on Sobble sometime ago.

So if we end up getting a gen 8 pokemon as smash dlc, who do you think it could be?
I’d say probably Rillaboom, since we’re missing a solo grass starter, and is probably gonna end up as the favorite starter evo.
While the chances are really low, they could pull a Pokémon Trainer.

If not, it's either Rillaboom or Intelleon, since I suppose Sak might not go for two fire starters in a row, unless the rabbit ace got something to make him stand out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom