• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Stadium 2

M@v

Subarashii!
I wanted to bring up a special discussion of this stage. Its intrigued me for a while with fox, because while I don't feel its his best stage, he has more tricks/gimmicks than almost any other character on this stage. I'm still trying to figure out if I like it as a cp or not.

Anyway, here's an overview of the stage and the tricks I'm talking about:

Normal stage: Extremely balanced neutral. 2 platforms like ps1, but improved ledges that won't screw fox's recovery. Would be a good stage for fox even by itself.

Rock stage: Can shine infinite on right side on hill. Left side of hill is the only place on the legal stage list you can Flamedash.

Air/windmill stage: Using rising fair, fox can climb to a ridiculously high altitude. In addition, shine makes him hover in place(or extremely close to it). Basically he never has to touch the ground once on this part if needed. Also, the updraft makes upsmash/upair kills much earlier. Fair kills off the top are easier to come by as well.

Ice stage: Boost pivot grabbing someone will allow you slide with them all the way across the stage where you can then backthrow them off. Also Upsmash and forward smash benefit with extra distance from the ice.

Electric stage: If the opponent is in the center, Fox(and Falco) can abuse side b by side bing through the opponent in the center, then having the conveyor belt carry them to safety. If you are on on the belts, the belts rapidly increase the speed of a running upsmash so you can catch people off guard. In addition, if you do a running upsmash and get to the ledge while doing it, you'll fall off and your upsmash will be instantly auto-cancelled. This works with all your grounded moves, but upsmash makes the best use of it.

As you can see, fox has shenanigans on every part of this stage. The question is does this make it a good fox stage to cp with in any situation? Or are other stages like halberd and FD just too solid for fox to every have to think about going here?

discuss. :smash:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I feel this could be good CP in certain mu imo.

I could see it for diddy...

i'll think about more later.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Im with Rikz
The stage is bad
Fox is very mobile and can manuver well around almost any stage, its jus one has to know how to manuver Fox which can be a pain in the *** considering his gimmicks & the fact he always has to move.
For me personally, stages like Picto, PS2, & Delfino can really throw Fox's camp game off & since most Foxes now jus follow TKD alot dont do well wit hands on, w/o camp CQC & since stage changes almost force Fox to do CQC wit almost no camp for diff periods of time.......well you get the point.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
When I go to PS2 in a game I do well. It is a nice stage. You just have to sit down and take time to learn it.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
PS1 I can deal with
but PS2's stage changes are too drastic for a character who cant sit still
Your being too narrow minded bro. Let the creative juices flow and you'll find this stage to be pretty dam awesome.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
The wind part is pathetic and my main reason why I hate it. The Ice is too slippery and both sides would be thinking the same thing on it like I can pivot boost smash etc.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The wind part is pathetic and my main reason why I hate it. The Ice is too slippery and both sides would be thinking the same thing on it like I can pivot boost smash etc.
Fox can stall like no other on the wind part if it's vs a character you don't feel safe fighting there. Double Fair jump to shine stall makes him untouchable till the wind disappears. LIterally as soon as it disappears he's touchable by mk. and possibly zss and wario.

Also fox benefits from the ice part more than most characters. Just sayin.

crifer

Smash Lord
I don´t think shine stalling up there is that safe as you guys pretend it to be... if you get hit up there, you´re pretty much dead. just sayin.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don´t think shine stalling up there is that safe as you guys pretend it to be... if you get hit up there, you´re pretty much dead. just sayin.
Very VERY few characters can get up that high. Cuz when u shine stall on the wind it puts you up just a tad. So your not even losing space when u do that. and two jump fairs. (first ground rising fair then aerial jump rising fair) puts u up like 12 normal mk jumps+

Also it's not "pretty much". If you get hit you're dead.

But again...pretty much only mk can reach us up there.

Possible others would be pit, zss, falco, another fox, wario, pikachu(Double jump thunder). And that's about it...maybe snake with a double jump cooked nade toss.

But honestly the only ones i'd even want to do THAT stall tactic against would be wario and mk. And maybe zss. And that's cuz they get more reward here. But zss wouldn't kill u cuz the move that can reach us is her up-b which pulls u down. I wouldn't mind checking to make sure though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I've heard about/pulled it off once. Does anyone know the exact percents? This stage can really come in handy. We just need to know the stats and our abilities on each transformation.

OP creator should rehaul this with new info when it comes across big enough to compile.

crifer

Smash Lord
I think I´ll work on that stage, simply because no one likes it :D
on ice transformation, pivot boost grab to bthrow to usmash usually works only at really low % and more easily against fatties/tall characters. I watched GUARD´s vid against nairo of CoT5, there are some cool stage specific things he does. (and that awesome pivot grab against nado).

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah I can update it once we got more juicy info. Don't take MK here; he gets a lot of shenanigans here as well. All he needs on the ice stage to take you across the stage is a dash grab. On the windmill part, his upair is ridiculously broken, and its so easy for him to do the upair chain to tornado kill (or just upair and tornado kills)here since he can rise so much with nado.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Word, the best thread organizer, M@v, is back. I remember the good days again...

I want to play MK here myself to see how it works for me but I'll take your word on it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Word, the best thread organizer, M@v, is back. I remember the good days again...

I want to play MK here myself to see how it works for me but I'll take your word on it.
Eh it may have been only one set and i haven't had a chance since then but...

I beat the mk on battlefield, lost on frigate, and when i tried ps2 it was just like....0.0 bad choice.

So far i like it vs wario diddy snake olimar dedede. That's who i've had a chance to use it on.

crifer

Smash Lord
Stop bein scared LOL !
btw random thought but am I the only 1 who actually watches the screen in the background of PS1 when hes playing? Does anybody else do that?
I´m not scared, but I have DK (my 2nd Main) for IC´s (sliding downB on ice transformation is pretty awesome btw) which is a lot better than fox against IC`s :D
I rarely watch the screen in the background ^^

Top Bottom