• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Awards!!!!!

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Okay I know everyone's excited about the release of Pokemon D/P and I KNOW a lot of you will want you transfer practically your whole GBA Pokemon Game via PalPark but before that happens , I want to give a tribute to previous Pokemon and Pokemon Games in .....
THE POKEMON AWARDS!!!!

OKAY EVERY WEEK I WILL ANOUNCE A CATAGORY FOR A POKEMON OR POKEMON GAME UNTIL THE RELEASE OF POKEMON D/P ON THE LAST WEEK I WILL ANOUNCE THE BEST GAME AND ON THE DAY D/P COMES OUT I WILL ANOUNCE THE BEST POKEMON.I WILL NEED YOU TO VOTE AND TO DO THAT I NEED YOU TO CHOOSE THE POKEMON AND GIVE A SHORT REASON IN YOUR POST.

OKAY! The First Category is for best Baton Passer Pokemon
AND THE NOMINIES ARE.....

1.Zapdos
2.Scizor
3.Mr.Mime
4.Apiom(Speed and Evasiveness)
5.Mawile(Has defense and attack..no need for speed)
6.Celebi
7.Ninjask
8.Espeon(Espeon is better)
9.Smergle
10.Solrock/Lunatone(XD MOVE)
11.Girafarig
12.Vaporion

Sorry I focus on attack and evasiveness? so much that I forgot about that healing ,speed and defense moves that can be baton passed..............Grrrrrrrrrr......

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Vote: Celebi

This thing is an evil tank. I have no idea how it does with baton passing since that's not really my thing.

*Waits for Leafgreen 386 to come and proove me wrong*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zapdos. Not sure why he's not up there but he should. Sub, agil, Bpass.

Smash Journeyman
scizor has my vote since thats actually my bper.
he can bp and wall very well also leafgreen 386 is a know it all who loves to argue.

jkin leaf lol

scizor
baton pass
sword dance
agility
substitute

others may add an attacking move

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
1.Absol - theroetically, it could bp sd's, but if you're gonna use this pokemon, you may as well abuse that nice atk
2.Scizor
3.Medicham - BPcham is stupider than a 6 year old on crack. Medicham doesn't have the defenses or Spd to pass, much less stat up; it was designed to **** as a CBer
4.Apiom - haha no
5.Mawile - SDpassing is cool and all, but other stuff can do it better. Period. Iron Defense is lol
6.Celebi
7.Ninjask
8.Vaporeon/Espeon - why the freak are both of these lumped together? they're both great, but they have nothing in common
9.Delcatty - stop kidding around
10.Solrock/Lunatone(XD MOVE) - they're... average? there's a reason they're uu
Half the pokes you listed aren't even that good, and you left out many BP standards.

Now, there is a fundamental problem with coming up with a best BPer - there are too many different things to BP. Zapdos, Ninjask (it can SD, too), and Jolteon are all great at passing Spd. Espeon and Celebi are two classic CM passers, along with Mr.Mime, who usually only shows his face on BP teams. Atk (aka SD) is generally passed using Celebi, Scizor, or Ninjask (the latter two being somewhat rare, however). People rarely pass Bulk Up or Curse, and Smeargle (for the most part) is only seen passing Belly Drums on BP teams.

Stats aren't the only things that are passed; effects will be passed often, as well. The best Sub passer in the game award goes to Vaporeon, who can create HUGE Subs, and as a bonus gets Wish and (less notably) Acid Armor. Jolt probably gets runner-up, since sub can allow you to play some serious mindgames with some pokes. Most bpers have sub, anyway, though. Smeargle can often be seen passing Ingrain on BP teams (to prevent Roar/WW from stopping the setup; Smeargle also usually runs Belly Drum), although otherwise will rarely be seen. Umbreon is a fantastic Mean Look BPer, and the only of its kind, capable of taunting Roar/WW and stat up moves, and healing via either wish or moonlight, before BPing its trap to a counter.

Passing defenses is usually pointless, since more often than not you'll be passing to a sweeper. CM boosts both SAtk and SDef, and is about the only case you'll see defensive boosts being passed outside of a BP team. The exception is Curse Umbreon, which usually passes to a White Herb Aerodactyl, and procedes to **** teams.

*Waits for Leafgreen 386 to come and proove me wrong*
Actually, I agree with you. Celebi is one of the best BPers around, capable of passing CMs very well, and is probably the best sdpasser (SDpass to metagross is gg).

I mentioned BP teams several several times in this post, so I figured I may as well go over the standard BP team for those who don't know. I exported this straight out of nb.

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Sub on turn one to get the speed boost, then depending on who they switch to (or if they stay in and attack), decide whether you should sub again or bp from there. This thing's primary purpose is to pass Spd, but should Smeargle go down in the middle of the chain (with its incredibly low defenses it is the most likely to), it can also be an emergency Atk passer.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 212 HP / 168 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Moonlight / Wish
- Taunt

Makes your job much easier. Trap something, pass to mime, force it to repeat the same move over and over and over and over again until it runs out of PP, while you stat up the proper defensive stat in their face.

Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Belly Drum
- Ingrain
- Spore

Send this in after you've got a sub, and only when you've got a sub. Spore turn one, then proceed to Ingrain and BD.

Mr. Mime (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Trick

Hi I'm gonna power up the sweeper.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Wish

Keeps the team healthy, and offers Def ups.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Baton Pass / Substitute
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

The endgame sweeper. Since the release of XD, I've preferred BP on this over the traditional Sub. 270 Atk (which is what those EVs give) allows you to OHKO Blissey with Drill Peck, while sweeping everything else with the other two moves at your disposal. Zapdos is traditionally the mixed sweeper on a BP team, but running something else doesn't compromise effectiveness. Anything that can mixed sweep is a fine contender for this spot.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Half the pokes you listed aren't even that good, and you left out many BP standards.

Now, there is a fundamental problem with coming up with a best BPer - there are too many different things to BP. Zapdos, Ninjask (it can SD, too), and Jolteon are all great at passing Spd. Espeon and Celebi are two classic CM passers, along with Mr.Mime, who usually only shows his face on BP teams. Atk (aka SD) is generally passed using Celebi, Scizor, or Ninjask (the latter two being somewhat rare, however). People rarely pass Bulk Up or Curse, and Smeargle (for the most part) is only seen passing Belly Drums on BP teams.

Stats aren't the only things that are passed; effects will be passed often, as well. The best Sub passer in the game award goes to Vaporeon, who can create HUGE Subs, and as a bonus gets Wish and (less notably) Acid Armor. Jolt probably gets runner-up, since sub can allow you to play some serious mindgames with some pokes. Most bpers have sub, anyway, though. Smeargle can often be seen passing Ingrain on BP teams (to prevent Roar/WW from stopping the setup; Smeargle also usually runs Belly Drum), although otherwise will rarely be seen. Umbreon is a fantastic Mean Look BPer, and the only of its kind, capable of taunting Roar/WW and stat up moves, and healing via either wish or moonlight, before BPing its trap to a counter.

Passing defenses is usually pointless, since more often than not you'll be passing to a sweeper. CM boosts both SAtk and SDef, and is about the only case you'll see defensive boosts being passed outside of a BP team. The exception is Curse Umbreon, which usually passes to a White Herb Aerodactyl, and procedes to **** teams.

Actually, I agree with you. Celebi is one of the best BPers around, capable of passing CMs very well, and is probably the best sdpasser (SDpass to metagross is gg).

I mentioned BP teams several several times in this post, so I figured I may as well go over the standard BP team for those who don't know. I exported this straight out of nb.

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Sub on turn one to get the speed boost, then depending on who they switch to (or if they stay in and attack), decide whether you should sub again or bp from there. This thing's primary purpose is to pass Spd, but should Smeargle go down in the middle of the chain (with its incredibly low defenses it is the most likely to), it can also be an emergency Atk passer.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 212 HP / 168 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Moonlight / Wish
- Taunt

Makes your job much easier. Trap something, pass to mime, force it to repeat the same move over and over and over and over again until it runs out of PP, while you stat up the proper defensive stat in their face.

Smeargle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Belly Drum
- Ingrain
- Spore

Send this in after you've got a sub, and only when you've got a sub. Spore turn one, then proceed to Ingrain and BD.

Mr. Mime (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Trick

Hi I'm gonna power up the sweeper.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Wish

Keeps the team healthy, and offers Def ups.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Baton Pass / Substitute
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

The endgame sweeper. Since the release of XD, I've preferred BP on this over the traditional Sub. 270 Atk (which is what those EVs give) allows you to OHKO Blissey with Drill Peck, while sweeping everything else with the other two moves at your disposal. Zapdos is traditionally the mixed sweeper on a BP team, but running something else doesn't compromise effectiveness. Anything that can mixed sweep is a fine contender for this spot.
Hmmmmmmmm.........I agree.......i'll make changes.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
**** Leafgreen got here first =(

Well, since he only mentioned the standard ones... For UU:

Solrock. No. It has SO much more to do than to Baton Pass. Solrock resists half the CBmoves and is immune to the other half. Switch in on CB[Fearow/Nidoking/Sandslash/Aggron] = LOL. With decent attack for a UU (read: crappy), Solrock can deal out quite a bit of pain too, even without CB.

Solrock @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Adamant, 156 HP/216 Atk/136 Def
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion/Fire Blast

Shadow Ball for Hypno + Piggy, and the rest should be self explanatory. Fire Blast is if you really insist playing this in standard... Which is suicide. Solrock owns UU metagame, but doesn't stand a chance in OU. This thing gets stopped cold by bulky waters, but there's only really two in UU (Blastoise and Quagsire), while in standard... it's a whole new story. Milotic, Vaporeon, Suicune, Swampert, Kingdra, and kinda Lapras all fit in that category. Quite nice in UU though. Switch in on CBEQ, and proceed to sweeping. No one likes eating too many EQs or STABbed Rock Slides, especially with CB. And of course, b00m when necessary.

Lunastone passing is more acceptable. Just play like a wannabe Celebi.

Lunastone @ Leftovers
Modest, 156 HP/136 Def/216 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam/Substitute

Basic Lunastone except with BP over Hypnosis. This thing, like Solrock, switches in on anything and sets up easily. Unlike Solrock, this thing has 65 base Defense. =( Lunastone REALLY does not like taking hits. Especially super effective ones. The speed is a must to beat Blastoise, who usually hovers at around 200. Basic Celebi setup. Switch in on something you like, set up, and sweep. When you meet something you don't like, pass.

Hmm looking through the rest of the list... No at Aipom. Yea, I usually favor UU/NU, but Aipom. No. As for things that should be on the list and aren't... Girafarig and Gorebyss. Girafarig gets a nice movepool...

Girafarig @ Leftovers/Salac Berry
Bold, 156 HP/200 Def/56 Spd/96 SpDef
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Thunderbolt/Agility/Wish/Substitute/Reflect/Light Screen

Very pitiful actually, but can work in UU (But probably not). Basic idea is obvious. Tbolt for Skarm and Gyarados, but it's not like you're going to be using this in standard play anyway. Agility and sub are other options to pass and the rest are support for the rest of your team. This thing really isn't usable at all, but at least it looks cool. I mean, who wouldn't want a head on their butt. =) Btw Salac is novelty. With 65 in both defenses, Salac is a waste.

As for Gorebyss...

Gorebyss @ Leftovers
Bold, 196 HP/96 Def/40 Spd/176 SpDef
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Agility/Barrier/Amnesia
- Agility/Barrier/Amnesia/Toxic/Rain Dance/Ice Beam

I EVed it assuming that Agility or Rain Dance is used by the way... Either boost gets its speed up to 300. Basically, pick 2 and pass. Toxic for things you can't kill (which will be around everything you meet), Rain Dance to be Omastar, and Ice Beam to be cool. Pretty much it. Not too hot either =/ But yea. It's cool. =)

By the way, all of the above is assuming you play UU and UU only. Haha. So like. Yea. =)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I see you have made some changes to the list, but you still haven't split up espeon and vaporeon, who are nothing alike. One switches in on special threats to CM up and pass, whereas the other one fills more of the role of a bulky water, supporting the team with wish and huge subs.

And you still have aipom on there. Its defenses are absolutely horrible, with a 55 base HP, Def, and SDef, and the only thing it can pass is agility (evasion is banned). There are other speed passers that are infinitely more effective than aipom. What has aipom ever done for you that makes you wanna leave it up there? Die?

As for your reasons for leaving mawile up there... Mawile actually doesn't have that great of a defense. It has 85 base Def and only 50 base HP. In the meantime, scizor (which can do eveything mawile can and more) has 100 base def, 70 base hp, and for sdef, it has 80 vs mawile's 55. Oh yeah, and scizor has 130 base atk, while mawile only has 85. Scizor even has more base speed than mawile, with 65 vs mawile's 50. Of course, celebi has 100 base in everything. Mawile is just too inferior to anything to be on this list.

Furthermore, why have you put up smeargle and mr.mime there, but no umbreon? Mime and Smeargle are both highly specific to BP teams, while Umbreon is useful regardless of your other team members (ok, not entirely, but it can be a whole lot more diverse, and is in general, more successful).

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
You can't really have a "best" passer... they pass for different reasons and pass different effects. Standard passers in no particular order: Celebi, Eeveelution not named Flareon, Ninjask, Smeargle, Scizor, Mime, and Zapdos.

UU passers in no particular order: Lunastone, Gorebyss, Girafarig, Scyther, and maybe Xatu.

Things that learn Baton Pass but shouldn't be using it because they have better things to do in no particular order: Rapidash, Togetic, Venomoth, Medicham, Absol, Fearow, Swellow, Hypno, Solrock, Dodrio, Flareon, and Huntail.

Things that learn Baton Pass but shouldn't be used because they can't do crap in no particular order: Ledian, Aipom, Mawhile, Plusle/Minun, Ariados, Delcatty, Illumise, Volbeat, Spinda, Beedrill, and Farfetch'd.

Please do note that the UU passers are UU for a reason. -________- They won't compare to anything from the first list.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You can't really have a "best" passer... they pass for different reasons and pass different effects. Standard passers in no particular order: Celebi, Eeveelution not named Flareon, Ninjask, Smeargle, Scizor, Mime, and Zapdos.

UU passers in no particular order: Lunastone, Gorebyss, Girafarig, Scyther, and maybe Xatu.

Things that learn Baton Pass but shouldn't be using it because they have better things to do in no particular order: Rapidash, Togetic, Venomoth, Medicham, Absol, Fearow, Swellow, Hypno, Solrock, Dodrio, Flareon, and Huntail.

Things that learn Baton Pass but shouldn't be used because they can't do crap in no particular order: Ledian, Aipom, Mawhile, Plusle/Minun, Ariados, Delcatty, Illumise, Volbeat, Spinda, Beedrill, and Farfetch'd.

Please do note that the UU passers are UU for a reason. -________- They won't compare to anything from the first list.
Quoted for truth.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
* Sigh* Well it's judgement day and after a long week of complaints and improvements I've come to the conclusion is.......
CELEBI!!!!!!!!

Anyways I should get to the next category now before I forget.

THE NEXT CATEGORY IS.....HARDEST BATTLE FRONTEIR BRAIN

AND THE NOMINIES ARE....

1.Battle Factory Noland
2.Battle Pike Queen Lucy
3.Battle Dome Superstar Tucker
4.Battle Arena Captain Greta
5.Battle Palace Maven Spenser
6.Battle Tower Salan Maiden Anabel
7.Battle Pyrymid King Brandon

Just give a reason with your vote...............!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
It all really depends.

If you fight one of them without any knowlage about what pokemon they use, then Lucy. **** Shuckle...

Brandon's pokemon all have similar weaknesses, but have high defenses.

Whatever. Without a Steel-type, Lucy is the hands-down toughest, so I vote Lucy.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Whichever that one is with the multiple doors. The problem isn't in fighting her. It's finding her that is the hastle. I must have gone through the whole maze about ten times before I met her. What a jerk.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
That would be Pike Queen Lucy. I don't mind her, but I do mind the fact that the demented old man's Dusclops/Kirlia can poison your lead with Toxic even if it's Steel. That just doesn't make too much sense to me =/

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whichever that one is with the multiple doors. The problem isn't in fighting her. It's finding her that is the hastle. I must have gone through the whole maze about ten times before I met her. What a jerk.
In order to fight Lucy, you must complete the Battle Pike once. You do not have to find her; she'll always be in the last room the secound time.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Okay, tomorrow I won't be near my computer all day so I'll do the results and the next category today............

SO....AND BY A "LANDSLIDE" THE WINNER OF HARDEST B.F BRAIN IS.......BATTLE PIKE QUEEN LUCY(Although I only used my Slowking to beat her...)

AAAANNNND THE NEXT CATEGORY IS,

Best 3D Graphic POKEMON Game(This includes games that don't battle)

And the Nominies are.......

1.Pokemon Stadium
2.Pokemon Stadium 2
3.Pokemon XD
4.Pokemon Channel
5.Pokemon Snap
6.Pokemon Colosseum
7.Pokemon Dash

Same as always vote and give a reason.

If there are anymore, put them/it in your vote so I can make it a canidate.......*SNORE*

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
We'll get infractions. Duh

I vote Pokemon Snap even though it isn't really a typical pokemon game. What can I say? It was fun finding and shooting all those pokemon. Not only could you take pictures of pokemon, there were tricks and secrets in the game as well.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
You forgot Pokemon Colosseum for Gamecube and Pokemon Dash for DS. And ironically, you forgot both smashes, but I guess they don't count since they're not pure pokemon.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I meant graphically. If you meant 3D game play, as in the game play itself having depth perception, then technically, neither of the Stadiums are "3D" either. They aren't even games. Just a medium for GameBoy battling with better graphics. The rest at least have somewhat of a (crappily written) storymode.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
*Sigh*

Okay the winner is....PKMN Snap...

Anyways, Time to get to the next category...

MOST CREEPY LOOKING POKEMON

1.HAUNTER
2.MAGMAR
3.CAMERUPT(ALWAYS LOOKS ANRGY)
4.MIKARUGE(DIAMOND/PEARL)
5.GIRADINA(DIAMOND/PEARL)
6.HIIDORAN(DIAMOND/PEARL)
7.JYNX
8.ARIADOS
9.EXPLOUD
10.DARKRAI
11.Shiftry

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Swalot is humorous, not creepy, why not Shiftry?

If you put Shiftry I'd vote for him...... and Hiidoran, that thing is like a freaky fire Metagross to me.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Well.....It became a tie Between Jynx and Shiftry so in a 1- on-1 Using XD ...................
Shiftry won with a Shadow Ball Making it.........................Winner!!!!!

Kay...Next Category...

Best Pokemon to be in the Dragon Section but Not A Dragon Type....

1.Charizard
2.Gyraados
3.Arbok
4.Seadra
5.Sceptile
6.Seviper
7.Milotic
8.Magicarp
9.Feebas
10.Feraligator

Peace................................

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hey, I can't help it if Jynx fails to Shadow Ball!

...Wait, why would Milotic be a Dragon-type? It doesn't even look like one!

As for Seedra... Eh.

Top Bottom