• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
And if you knew Crusher and I were both innocent, which as a cultist, you would, then it wouldn't matter which of us bites the dust so long as Pokechu was on the same page. Pokechu just happened to change gears to a different townie, and you used that to further your goals. Last second flavor swaps are a scummy move.
If you say so. I've already said how I think that depends on the game rather than being a useful policy overall, and a prime example of that is that Pokechu flipped town. You wouldn't have flipped town, and therefore swapping the lynch to you would have been beneficial.

Since your original refuted point was that I didn't vote for Crusher despite knowing that he was cult when in fact I tried to get him lynched in Pokechu's place, I guess you must be dropping that point.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nabe is pretending to be a cop and Ura contradicted himself, proving he's a cultist. Nabe tried to make this a LyLo by way of making a TvT tie in the last buzzer beater.
Bruh I never contradicted myself what are you talking about?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I should make a major clarification. My result was that Opo visited Goldie so Goldie probably isn't a cult member (at least as of yesterday).

I encourage everyone to vote Opo today. You won't regret it.

Bruh. I was roleblocked this phase not last phase. My result went through at the end of last phase.
So now you expect me to believe this "rock" affects actions on two separate phases? Face it, Ura, you're not a good liar.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Uh. Why couldn't that be Opo turning Goldie?
It could. All I was saying is that as of last phase Goldie was most likely not a cultist.
So now you expect me to believe this "rock" affects actions on two separate phases? Face it, Ura, you're not a good liar.
No that's not what I'm saying. Right now your putting words in my mouth as a means to incriminate me and get out of a bad situation.

I just told you that the rock affected me at the start of this phase, not the end of the last.

#HBC | Nabe

Again, you only convinced me for the time being during that phase. Since that day was over, you've been throwing more people under the bus, even attempting to try to lynch me from the game until Chu decided to change that last minute for you.
How did I only temporarily convince you that I had answered Shish's question? That makes about as much sense as me throwing someone under the bus when they're not in the same faction as me. Which you're not.

I'm not denying anything as I've proven my role over and over again that I'm vanilla as I have no abilities. Throwing my name out is not going to do you any favors except the hot seat. My vote stays.
That's not proof. It's the absence of proof.

Most importantly, I've pointed out to you that me being the cult leader doesn't make any sense. Again again again again, this is the last lynch of the game, so you're doing a poor job of it of pretending to be town.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh **** will you look at that! I got an update from praline and he told me you visited me as well last phase Opo (and before you try to incriminate me again, he admitted he goofed by not telling me earlier even ask him yourself).

That means you were the one who through the rock at me and you converted Goldie as well most likely.

Looks like we found the trainer ladies and gentlemen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everyone vote Opo and the game will end. I promise you this.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
How did I only temporarily convince you that I had answered Shish's question? That makes about as much sense as me throwing someone under the bus when they're not in the same faction as me. Which you're not.

That's not proof. It's the absence of proof.

Most importantly, I've pointed out to you that me being the cult leader doesn't make any sense. Again again again again, this is the last lynch of the game, so you're doing a poor job of it of pretending to be town.
Poor job? Fine then

I hope your ass goes next regardless of my status. I have absolutely NOTHING to hide, but you've proven over and over again that you're up there. Targeting Shish then change it last minute to Alpha and trying to lynch me but got Chu to change his vote AND Chu was lynched is enough to convince me that you are the trainer

And my vote will stay. Period.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Poor job? Fine then

I hope your *** goes next regardless of my status. I have absolutely NOTHING to hide, but you've proven over and over again that you're up there. Targeting Shish then change it last minute to Alpha and trying to lynch me but got Chu to change his vote AND Chu was lynched is enough to convince me that you are the trainer

And my vote will stay. Period.
No. You should change your vote to Opo otherwise your a cultist working for him.

#HBC | Nabe

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No. You should change your vote to Opo otherwise your a cultist working for him.
And do you have any proof that I'm working for Opo? Last time I checked, I'm not in any alliances

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And do you have any proof that I'm working for Opo? Last time I checked, I'm not in any alliances
I don't but if your still pursuing a Lynch against Nabe then you have Opo's best intentions.
What the **** is going on
I bagged Opo as the cult leader through my Lock-in ability. Found out he targeted me with the rock (making me unable to use lock-on) and also making me not able to vote. He also converted Goldie as well through my results. The game is finished of people vote Opo this phase.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh **** will you look at that! I got an update from praline and he told me you visited me as well last phase Opo (and before you try to incriminate me again, he admitted he goofed by not telling me earlier even ask him yourself).

That means you were the one who through the rock at me and you converted Goldie as well most likely.

Looks like we found the trainer ladies and gentlemen.
Try again, buddy. Maybe don't take credit for something that isn't yours.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Try again, buddy. Maybe don't take credit for something that isn't yours.
But it literally is mine? Praline came here and told us that he goofed and you're trying to frame me as being opportunistic?

People start a counter for every time Opo tries to incriminate me lol.
-logs in to SmashBoards after being AFK most of the day-

-I'm tagged several times-
....something happened, didn't it.

He visited me? First time I'm hearing this...
Well yeah duh. He visited you and now you're working for him. Hence why the tone of your post is to make me look less credible. I see you tho.

D

Deleted member

Well yeah duh. He visited you and now you're working for him. Hence why the tone of your post is to make me look less credible. I see you tho.
I literally have no idea what you're talking about, Ura. I just got back from a very stressful day and barely had time to read the thread...so I would really appreciate it if you didn't act as though I'm out to get you or whatever.... -_-

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Shiny, Chu, Z, and Alpha were lynched bringing the game to 11 players. And the cultist has converted 4 people to his cause since then.

So it makes the game 6 V 5.

6 uninfected townie's VS Opo and his 4 subordinates. Mind you I lost my voting power today so it's more like 5 V 5 today.

Opo and his 4 minions will try to prevent the Opo lynch meaning the rest of you guys need to vote for him. The game would then go to a tiebreaker in which I would assumingly be able to deal the final vote on Opo (given the phase would be over at that point).

So literally if you guys don't vote Opo this round then he and his cult wins. If he's lynched, Town will emerge victorious. Either way, the game ends this phase. Please do the right thing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I literally have no idea what you're talking about, Ura. I just got back from a very stressful day and barely had time to read the thread...so I would really appreciate it if you didn't act as though I'm out to get you or whatever.... -_-
No hard feelings Golden. I didn't mean any I'll will towards you.

It's that my tracker came out that Opo visited you today. There's no other reason for that given that his other function (throwing the rock) was done on me. There's only one conclusion and it's you've been converted.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait my B. Z was one of the infected so it's actually 7 V 4.

These 6 people need to vote Opo to get the job done.

D

Deleted member

I don't but if your still pursuing a Lynch against Nabe then you have Opo's best intentions.

I bagged Opo as the cult leader through my Lock-in ability. Found out he targeted me with the rock (making me unable to use lock-on) and also making me not able to vote. He also converted Goldie as well through my results. The game is finished of people vote Opo this phase.
Wait, so you're claiming to have gotten a result on Opo despite also claiming he roleblocked you?

Vote: Ura

Yeah, this is bull****

Also, I see that Nabe is claiming an incriminating result on Crusher despite not pushing him yesterDay. I'm now pretty sure he got culted after the Alpha lynch

D

Deleted member

Ok, think I'm caught up.

a. The target was caught in a Net Ball, meaning they had to have been a Bug type or another Water type (that people have been avoiding to claim because that would imply they've been turned).
b. I got absolutely no alert that says that I had been converted. So either I didn't and what Opo's "visit" did was something else, or people who have been converted don't know it. And THAT would be a really bastardy thing....

#HBC | Nabe

Wait, so you're claiming to have gotten a result on Opo despite also claiming he roleblocked you?

Yeah, this is bull****

Also, I see that Nabe is claiming an incriminating result on Crusher despite not pushing him yesterDay. I'm now pretty sure he got culted after the Alpha lynch
No, Ura already covered this with Opo. The rock as Ura claimed it targeted Ura last phase, and goes into effect this phase, because of the nature of this game as a nightless setup. I understand if you find the actual claim somewhat incredible, but the mechanics as Ura claimed them aren't contradictory if true.

And as I've discussed with Opo as well, I did pursue Crusher last phase, and it was Pokechu who made it Opo rather than Crusher. This is really clear if you just look at the votes, which happened all within a five-minute period of time.

#HBC | Nabe

Every single player should keep an eye on the thread to make sure nothing foul is going on. My town result on Ura was only on Day 2. If Opo and Ura are both cult now, but Opo isn't the leader, and if Ura's claim is successful in getting Opo lynched, then the numbers go down to 4 Cult and 5 Town, and then one townie gets converted to make 5 Cult and 4 Town, which is a Cult win. Lynching the leader toDay is the only available Town win.

I'm not saying this to put uncertainty on Opo being Cult, or to undermine the lynch. But Ura seeing Opo targeting Ura and Goldie is slightly more convenient than I'm 100% comfortable with. It's possible that Opo isn't the cult leader, but only if Ura is a cult member.

Unless more information comes into the thread, I absolutely believe an Opo lynch to be the best route to take. However, just make sure to keep poking your heads in, in case the information does change. This goes for everyone. I cannot stress that enough.

Vote: Opossum

#HBC | Nabe

I'm going to briefly discuss Poke Balls, because I don't think they matter much at all. For one thing, Opo was the most vehement supporter of them mattering.

On a more fundamental level, the trainer probably has some different balls available to them, including the Master Ball. But a Net Ball, for example, can still catch non-Bug and non-Water Pokemon in the games. It doesn't have to have caught a Bug or Water-type, it simply works better on Pokemon of that type.

A different argument could be made that the ball just always matches the type of the Pokemon caught in it (in this mafia game specifically). But that doesn't make sense for the Repeat Ball or the Master Ball, so I think we have to throw that argument out.

There's a third argument to be made that the type of ball is completely irrelevant, and it's only meaningless flavour. And the thing is, it doesn't really matter how the balls work, as long as it's not something like the second argument. I personally believe it's the first argument, because I'm cultproof and a Master Ball to go through that makes sense. But if the balls themselves aren't indicative of the type of Pokemon caught in them, then it's meaningless at this time.

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Where did you go? I saw you poke your head in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh? Z25 flipped town.
IIRC there was one guy who flipped scum. I must have been mistaken.

Either way it's 6 V 5 or 7 V 4. And regardless these 5 or 6 people need to vote Opo to end the game before he wins next phase.

Yeah, this is bull****

No you're either misunderstanding or making yourself misunderstand on purpose.

Opo used the rock on me which makes me lose my voting power and my ability the following phase. I'm unable to do either this phase. Said tracking result was effective as of last phase and wasn't affected by the rock. I didn't make the rules of this game but surely it's not hard to understand right?
Ok, think I'm caught up.

a. The target was caught in a Net Ball, meaning they had to have been a Bug type or another Water type (that people have been avoiding to claim because that would imply they've been turned).
b. I got absolutely no alert that says that I had been converted. So either I didn't and what Opo's "visit" did was something else, or people who have been converted don't know it. And THAT would be a really bastardy thing....
I can't think of any reason why else my results said you were visited by Opo. Unless this is another PR he has to make it look like he did something he didn't (which I don't believe was ever a thing in Mafia). I'm leaning on you being turned.

D

Deleted member

I can't think of any reason why else my results said you were visited by Opo. Unless this is another PR he has to make it look like he did something he didn't (which I don't believe was ever a thing in Mafia). I'm leaning on you being turned.
Ok, if this is seriously a game where the turned isn't even told they're turned, I'm out.
Vote: Golden

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alpha flipped scum. You wanted him dead for two phases, yo.

But it's currently 6 v. 5. There was a phase that ended with two Poke Balls.
Well considering my only Lynch attempts were against Maven on Day 1 (mind you was pure RNG) and Alpha in Day 2/3, that should speak volumes on who's telling the truth. Why the hell would a cultist Ura want his minion gone?

Even more so considering Opo's gut reaction was to incriminate me the moment I revealed the tracker results. And then he followed up by accusing me of being opportunistic by claiming I was the one in question who got the PM update when the host brought it up.

Opo is as clear as day scum and this thread is evidence enough to show that.

#HBC | Nabe

Ok, if this is seriously a game where the turned isn't even told they're turned, I'm out.
But (rather than self-voting) if you assume that's not the case, and that praline is worth trusting, then what are some other ways that everything could come together? You have to know that self-voting at this step of the game is especially problematic.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's no need to vote yourself Golden. If you're not with Opo then vote the guy. I already said my piece on why he's the cultist.

Top Bottom