• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokedex Entry 4: Marth

Toby.

Smash Master
Typh/Magik Care to elaborate? Marth out ranges everything except bair, deals more damage than ivy at max range and can DS out of a lot of our stuff.

I'd like ivy to be as good as charizard here but i just cant see it :(

Edit: steeler beat me to it.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Squartle is not useless against Marth on stages like Battlefield; just gotta control the stage and he's a little bit more than useless.

But I agree that this is one of Pokemon Trainer's hardest match-ups.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ivysaur vs. marth is actually really good for ivysaur
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

approaching razor leaf *****
*jab walks*

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

and you can bullet seed out of most/all of his "combos"
What Combos, Marth beats you with spacing and the fact that you either telegraph or are very punishable on every move.

and you can edgeguard him reaaaaally well with up-b tricks
On the other hand...

*hangs on to ledge and watches as ivysaur vainly tries to up-b onto the ledge*

PS I'm sorry, in a bit of a silly mood right now.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I was wrong, I thought Charizard outranged marth. I'm so used to Marth just being an average threat from facing DK but I imagine it's a nightmare when you don't outrange him, I thought Zard did and that's why I thought Zard had an advantage.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Well alot of people dont know the PT matchup, which is the reason i main him
I thought the reason you mained Pokemon Trainer was so that you could demonstrate your mastery of Ivysaur's moveset, including your elegant use of Bullet Seed, Razor Leaf, bair, and uh... Bullet Seed.

This post was brought to you by Phiddle "What do you mean I need to post videos to back up my claims?" sticks

Toby.

Smash Master
Well alot of people dont know the PT matchup, which is the reason i main him
Yes but my point was that it doesn't make sense to claim that Ivy does well vs marth, with the proof being a vid of a person who didn't know the matchup. You probably have valid reasons for your position, but pointing out that few people know how to fight PT doesn't really make the matchup magically better :(

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
This is how I feel about Marth:

Charizard and Ivysaur are both at a disadvantage. I feel that Ivysaur does better versus Marths that like to use a lot of Fair and other aerials, and that Charizard does better versus Marths who prefer Dancing Blade and Dtilt.

I still think Squirtle has little to no chance versus Marth.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Fair has a nice hitbox, actually it'll make it nearly impossible to approach marth with air game with squirtle out.

Top Bottom