• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer Video Thread - Post, rate, discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Agree.

Also, wtf Reflex. Your Ivysaur section has a subliminal message.
Does it? Even I missed it, I think...it'd still be neat to see what you found.

I've been playing a lot of Captain Falcon lately...still doing PT a decent amount, though. I'm close to dropping Wario entirely, but I doubt that'll really happen. My town's starting to get more active, so hopefully I can bring a VCR to the college sometime and get matches.

If anything, what if I sent replays to someone and they post it? I don't really have the means to do it myself...but if I use a VCR, I can find someone with a capture card to do with here. Whatever works, I suppose.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'd post in here but its sorted in a really akward way. by which character its up against.

i vote for a redo by player and date!
Oh?

Well, who wants to be the one to do it? Most of the videos don't have listed dates, and I don't want to half-ass it.

I agree that I think the videos need to be reorganized by player, and maybe have a hall of fame or best video area for the people who want to see that.

Regardless of the organization, when I finally work up the courage to get some videos of myself I'll post them here =).
Doing it by player doesn't seem to be the most efficient way of doing it; at least, not to me. If that happened, people would have a much harder time finding specific matchups. Just "Ctrl+F" the player's name for now.

(If anyone doesn't agree with me, let me know; maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way.)

As for a "Hall of Fame" or "Best Videos" section, that's all up to you. Once people come to a consensus as to what they want to put in that section, I'll do something of the sort.

DUB

Smash Lord
If my SD card will work with my camera i should be adding about 4-5 Trainer vs. Toon Link matches up this afternoon. From 10/18. Just picked trainer up a few weeks ago but should be acceptable.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Oh?

Well, who wants to be the one to do it? Most of the videos don't have listed dates, and I don't want to half-ass it.
I could probably do it for you and then email the video files to you for your own uploading, if you want. If not, I could just put them up on my channel.

I'm going to try to think of a way to organize these videos that will satisfy both sides (By character, by match-up). I think we definately need to add a "tutorial" section, though.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Squirtle!!! *Takes Retro's hat off, then jumps on his head and starts to rip his hair out*
*Starts shoving the hair in his mouth, nose, and ears*
*Begins slapping Retro in the face, then runs away*

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Also, I think dividing them into sections would be even nicer:

• Latest Update "Notes" (With corresponding date in the title)
  • Singles
  • Doubles
  • Tutorials
  • Combo/Highlight Videos (?)

And doing some colour-coding to help determine some additional information, such as "Offline" and "Online" matches.

The only thing that could possibly be a problem is if two people play using the same character on a different date (IE, I play Reflex today versus his Captain Falcon, and then I play him a year from now with him also using Captain Falcon). Should we just divide those into a different "row"?

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't see why putting them on a different row would be a problem. Overall it seems like a very efficient way of presenting it all. It might encourage me to finally look at more than a couple :laugh:

I agree with having the seperate sections as well.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Final comments until I think of something else:

Perhaps also add a Channel section to list Youtube channels of people who post multiple Pokemon Trainer videos.

Add some cool Pokemon Trainer related pictures for customization 'n stuff.

I would like the title to be cool and Pokemon related. :bee:

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Latest Updates

Key

Denotes an offline match.
Denotes an online match.

Singles

APC
  • vs. Andres 1 2
    (11 June 2008)

Chalupa
  • vs. Halfdemon 1 2
    (20 April 2008)

Champ
  • vs. Jmex 1
    (23 May 2008)
  • vs. Jmex 1
    (23 May 2008)

House
  • vs. Yosh 1
    (25 May 2008)

Hydde
  • vs. Tito 1
    (13 July 2008)

K10
  • vs. bnui 1
    (24 May 2008)
  • vs. bnui 1 2
    (24 May 2008)
  • vs. bnui 1
    (24 May 2008)
  • vs. bnui 1
    (16 March 2008)
  • vs. bnui 1
    (19 March 2008)
  • vs. bnui 1
    (19 March 2008)

Kilo
  • vs. C0nn0r 1 2 3
    (23 February 2008)

Limabean
  • vs. DingDing 1
    (22 May 2008)

PokemonMasterIRL
  • vs. Joe 1 2 3
    (03 August 2008)
  • vs. EPIC 1
    (14 August 2008)
  • vs. Joe 1 2
    (14 August 2008)

This is just what I've done, for now.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Latest Updates

Key

Denotes an offline match.
Denotes an online match.

Singles

APC

• [*] vs. Andres 1 2
    (11 June 2008)

Chalupa

• [*] vs. Halfdemon 1 2
    (20 April 2008)

Champ

• [*] vs. Jmex 1
    (23 May 2008)
    [*] vs. Jmex 1
    (23 May 2008)

House

• [*] vs. Yosh 1
    (25 May 2008)

Hydde

• [*] vs. Tito 1
    (13 July 2008)

PokemonMasterIRL

• [*] vs. Joe 1 2 3
    (03 August 2008)
    [*] vs. EPIC 1
    (14 August 2008)
    [*] vs. Joe 1 2
    (14 August 2008)

This is just what I've done, for now.
Turns out that I rather like this new setup, and since I haven't seen any negative responses about the concept other than my own, I'll be changing this thread to that format soon, once we get the dates and organization in order.

Main thing is dates, though; if everyone could help me with that, that'd be wonderful. OF course, I plan on doing my fair share, too...

I'm about to go to this small local tournament soon. There'll probably be a handful of decent players, so I might be able to get replays from that...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
looking forward to it reflex.

love your layout retro. idk why you have an extra bullet in each list though :p

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** i should post some new videos, you guys would be blown away

i'm so much better now

Miles.

Smash Champion
**** i should post some new videos, you guys would be blown away

i'm so much better now
I believe it mang.

I have some of AD DESTROYING me, that are uploading as we speak.
and
ME and AD went double PT in doubles those will be up later once allisbrawl is working so i can get the other team names.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
The extra bullet was me trying to work quickly, I suppose. I'll go back and fix those now, as well as the fact that the coloring didn't seem to work.

For videos that I can't figure out the date for (Not listed anywhere) I'm taking the Youtube upload date.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Christ on crutches, why isn't this stickied yet?

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHu2dE8vo9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann5mAalRnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUiw0eoyBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GijWtzoEi4&feature=related

Check me out; I'm a bit out-of-practice, since I spent so much time on Falcon, but I think I'm going to make PT my "fallback" character, which is as good as being my main, which means I'll be in prime action soon enough. I'm probably moving to Lucas soon as the next "experiment", but PT is here to stay, I assure you.

(There are more videos, but they haven't been uploaded yet.)

Onxy

Smash Lord
Pivot grabbing with Ivy will make your CQ Ivy game much stronger, I feel. Try it when they are next to you after shielding an attack, or something. Basically use it when they are close to you, when Bullet Seed seems risky and out of range of Nair.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Thank you. I try hard to entertain, for everyone else as well as myself.

I need to try and get more matches up...maybe I can record with some other local player for Thanksgiving break.

Browny

Smash Hater
i get the feeling people wouldnt care so much about my MK and actually bothered about the PT play than if i used Sonic lol...
i mean its quite obvious my mk is bad, hence why i titled the video 'my mk fails' i only started playing him recently.

fine ill get some vs my sonic/lucario

Toby.

Smash Master
Hey DJ :)

K.I.D promised that you'd stomp me at Don't Come next weekend. Sounds like fun times.

Does your brother want some PT advice? I think your post was a little ambiguous, hence the harsh community response.

Oh and I picked up sonic to help with my spacing and punishment, so some sonic dittos at Don't Come would be te winz.

Edit - Pt guys: FYI dj has had good tournament success with sonic for quite a while now. No need to judge him based off his metaknight.

Browny

Smash Hater
K.I.D, do you mean the K.I.D from the sonic boards? i got no idea why hed talk about me lol. And no promises anywhere, i cant afford a plane ticket to dont come :( although i can still wifi any time someone asks lol

anyway my brother wasnt specifically after PT advice, i just put that vid up since its the only replay i actually have of his PT specifically. Like i said ill try get a few more vids vs my sonic and lucario. At the moment the only other one i have

---

ANYWAY i forced him to let me get some replays tonight or i wouldnt let him play my DS :)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vK6UdmxrigM

hopefully this is better than my mk >_<

ugh youtube ***** wmv quality something horribad. i might upload an mpg later.
Also my brother refuses to play my lucario if i camp with fsmash and aura sphere thats why i didnt use them much. its more fun to play an aerial lucario anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom