• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is off topic... but your LoL signature is priceless. XD

McNinja

Smash Ace
Besides the 2 new legendary formes of course, is this just going to be the same game with just a "2" put on then end?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
OR they release TRIPLE type pokemon! OH YEAH!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Imagine if parasect got steel as its third type with its dry skin ability.

:phone:

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Considering that there have been three consecutive fire-fighting starters (despite people not being happy about there already being two in a row), two Gen V evolutionary lines(Klink's and Minccino's) barely go through any changes and at least 20 Gen V Pokemon (Audino, the Woobat line, the Rogenrolla line, Basculin, Throh and Sawk, Sewaddle, Lilligant, the Archen line, Sawsbuck, Emolga, Karrablast, Alomomola, Ferroseed, Bouffalant and Virizion)seem like poorly cloned versions of other Pokemon (Chansey, the Zubat line, Beldum line, Carvanha, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Weedle, Bellossom, Aerodactyl, Stantler, Pachirisu, Heracross, Luvdisc, Pineco, Tauros and Shaymin), that would probably not be far off. I would have never said before Gen V that fanmade Pokemon could outdo official ones.

I'm kind of hoping that Black 2 and White 2 just go "screw it" and wave off the similarity by allowing most of them to become actual evolutionary lines:

Basculin > Carvanha > Sharpedo
Archen > Archeops > Aerodactyl
Karrablast > Heracross (Alternate evolution)
Tauros > Bouffalant
Pachirisu > Emolga
Luvdisc > Alomomola
ITT: i don't know what a reboot is and what are expies? Also nature sucks since it copies itself!
Also eh, you're really stretching it. Virizion and Shaymin. REALLY?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ha I was definitely kidding, it would throw the game out of wack unless they fundamentally changed how Pokemon works entirely. Though, if they did it, that just means that that generation has to play with games of the same generation, which isn't anything new.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Triple type? No, please no!!
I am excited for a direct sequel, first time GF did this. I'm skeptical.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tbh, Fire/Ice/Dragon would be kinda kickin' >_>
Normal 1x
Fire .5x
Ice .5x
Water 1x
Poison 1x
Ground 2x
Rock 4x
Psychic 1x
Dark 1x
Ghost 1x
Grass .25x
Dragon 2x
Steel 1x
Bug .5x
Electric .5x
Fighting 2x
Flying 1x

Basically worthless quad resistance to Grass, Mediocre Bug resistance, good Fire/Ice/Electric Resistance, in exchange, you get a Fighting, Dragon, and Ground weaknesses with a bonus of having 50% health cut whenever you switch in.

I guess it'd still be a Dragon/Fire as far as offensive power in concerned though... worse than Reshiram by a good portion though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Normal 1x
Fire .5x
Ice .5x
Water 1x
Poison 1x
Ground 2x
Rock 4x
Psychic 1x
Dark 1x
Ghost 1x
Grass .25x
Dragon 2x
Steel 1x
Bug .5x
Electric .5x
Fighting 2x
Flying 1x

Basically worthless quad resistance to Grass, Mediocre Bug resistance, good Fire/Ice/Electric Resistance, in exchange, you get a Fighting, Dragon, and Ground weaknesses with a bonus of having 50% health cut whenever you switch in.

I guess it'd still be a Dragon/Fire as far as offensive power in concerned though... worse than Reshiram by a good portion though.
I wasn't looking at it THAT WAY. I'm just sayain it'd be cool.

UberMario

Smash Master
ITT: i don't know what a reboot is and what are expies? Also nature sucks since it copies itself!
A game series that puts an emphasis on collecting every capturable monster shouldn't have blatant expies of it's own characters.

Also eh, you're really stretching it. Virizion and Shaymin. REALLY?
I meant Shaymin's sky forme:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3jsclSL8z1qzd7kso1_400.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/640Virizion.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I agree. Plus why would legends evolve into or evolve from other legends that already exist? Ruins the story, ya...

DLO

Smash Journeyman
A game series that puts an emphasis on collecting every capturable monster shouldn't have blatant expies of it's own characters.
You missed the part where this is a REBOOT which also takes another look at Gen 1 Pokèmon. For both new and old fans.

NATURE SUCKS

UberMario

Smash Master
You guys are just taking what I said completely out of context. I never said that Shaymin should become Virizion, I'm just pointing out that they are both white quadrupeds with green on their heads, red petals on their necks, antlers, green feet and white bodies. It's obvious that one design inspired the other.

Also, DLO, you totally missed the point of what I said, and saying that Bald Eagles and Peregrine Falcons are copy-pastes is compeletely ridiculous.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You guys are just taking what I said completely out of context. I never said that Shaymin should become Virizion, I'm just pointing out that they are both white quadrupeds with green on their heads, red petals on their necks, antlers, green feet and white bodies. It's obvious that one design inspired the other.
There is literally no way Shaymin Sky inspired Virizion

You are on some really good crack, man.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's in the middle of a Gen.

I will bet you literally $10,000 there won't be a new type.

And I have the money to back it up.

Wanna take my bet? I'll do it!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Especially considering the fact that we haven't had a new Pokémon type in over a decade, yes, I'd definitely say a new type is extremely unlikely. If they're going to introduce a new type, they'll do it when they can unleash a slew of new Pokémon and take advantage of implementing that type, instead of just messing around with previous Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

One has to remember that the reason Dark and Steel were introduced was to try to balance the games. More balancing of the types isn't really necessary at this point.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Poison needs a buff

Introduce 2 new Poison weak types.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd go for Water and Dragon. They both make sense to some degree, and it makes Quilfish awesome.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I hope they change types around, like that eagle who is just flying should become flying/fighting. And i am sure there r some others who's typings need to be Adjusted.

Also the meta needs to be balanced, gen 5 ou kinda sucks

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Is it likely that this will be backwards compatible with B&W? Even if they add new pokemon forms, attacks, and/or types they could just do the GSC style time machine thing to make it compatible.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd go for Water and Dragon. They both make sense to some degree, and it makes Quilfish awesome.
Nidoking would also become a boss. Gonna switch your Politoed out to Jirachi to absorb a stab/Sheer Force/Life Orb boosted Slime Wave huh?

Well that's too bad mother ****er. Eat a stab Earth Power instead. :awesome:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I just realized that even without changing anything, both Quilfish and Nidoking have very good type coverage just with their STAB moves.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Is it likely that this will be backwards compatible with B&W? Even if they add new pokemon forms, attacks, and/or types they could just do the GSC style time machine thing to make it compatible.
It's still Gen V. Of course the two games will be compatible. That's like asking if Yellow is compatible with Red, or Platinum with Silver.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Poison doesn't need a buff because it's a good type defensively. The idea is that a type is good either offensively or defensively. Ice is a good example of an offensive one that's poor dfensively, and steel is a good defensive type that's poor offensively.

There just needs to be better poison pokemon. The best poison pokemon is probably gengar, who is basically just a ghost type with poison attached to it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
2 Basically useless resistances (Grass, Poison), One resistance only useful for beating Scizor (Bug), one good resistance (Fighting), a not so bad weakness (Psychic), and then a terribly crippling weakness (Ground)

The most useful aspect of defensive Poison is a Toxic immunity, basically.

Not the best Defensive typing in the world. I guess it was okay in Gen III, but not so much now lol.
-----
BW2 Corocoro incoming.

IT BEGINS

Top Bottom