• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT MV Brawl Tourney 5/17/09

playntrademv

Smash Apprentice
What: Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

When: Sunday May 17th, at 2PM

Where: Play N Trade
27741 Crown Valley Parkway
Mission Viejo, ca 92691
(949) 367-2830

Entry:
$6 entry only
$10 entry w/ pizza & drink

Prizes:
1st: $75 in-store credit
2nd: $35 in-store credit
3rd: PnT t-shirt

Please bring your own Gamecube controllers! And be ready to smash it up!

If you have any questions, call us at (949) 367-2830

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I just have 2 questions for you guys. If I were to use DeDeDe/Bowser/Wario and suicide for the last kill, would I win if it goes into sudden death? Last time I went, you guys said that sudden deaths were decided by who had the most % at the time. Does anyone who works there play Brawl well?

l1striker1l

Smash Cadet
The following is a list of suggestions that smashers have expressed about this tournament.

Ways to make this event better and attract more players:
1. Have chairs for the competitors to sit on. (especially for someone like me who needs surgery to fix a bad ankle)
2. Give cash prizes instead of store credit.
3. If tvs are available let people play smash on as many tvs as they want before, during and after the tournament. It is my understanding that Playntrade lets people play any game at their store.
4. Make sure every Wii has all of the stages and characters unlocked. If one of them doesn't then just copy the data from a cd that has everything unlocked.
5. Post the rules on the thread.

By making these changes I believe that this tournament could easily triple the number of players that attend. And as a result will probably bring in more business.

Regardless I still had fun at the last tournament.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
A lot of this stuff is helpful but it is only a PlayNTrade tourney after all. The TV thing is a little overboard because other people do come in and play games on other TV's. It wouldn't be fair. And how do you copy data from another CD?

Pony

Smash Apprentice
The Wii doesn't have memory cards, does it?
And I think SD cards only work for replays and pics.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Brawl can't be saved onto an SD card but I'm not sure. Other games can be though

Yusaburu

Smash Rookie
I think you can copy the save data over from SOME games, but I do not believe Brawl is one of them for whatever reason. o: I tried it once and to my memory, it wouldn't copy over. =/
But the character/stage problem was fixed when someone pointed it out and they brought out a new Wii with the characters and stages on it, unless I'm mistaken. o.o

Also for those of you that weren't there last time, I don't remember the rules exactly, but they were pretty standard, 4 stock, 7minutes, no items, no stalling, no infinites, etc., etc., and it's probably safe to assume they'll pretty much be the same as last time.

l1striker1l

Smash Cadet
also please add halberd and cruise as Counter Picks plz!
Why do you want rainbow cruise as a cp? Don't you main marth? Last time I checked rc wasn't a good map for marth.

Also for those of you that weren't there last time, I don't remember the rules exactly, but they were pretty standard, 4 stock, 7minutes, no items, no stalling, no infinites, etc., etc., and it's probably safe to assume they'll pretty much be the same as last time.
It was 3 stock.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Why do you want rainbow cruise as a cp? Don't you main marth? Last time I checked rc wasn't a good map for marth.
Just because Marth does bad on rainbow cruise does not mean its not a valid counter pick stage.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Also are you guys going to host another Brawl tourney 2 weeks after this one like you guys usually do? The 31st i mean. I would gladly appreciate it. :)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Race Main snake but why would he want to cp rc? i donno

race is the "5th best marth in so cal"

someone should go mm him for that title

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
maybe because he's not a noob that wants stages that are good for him?

Rainbow Cruise and Halberd are legitimate stages

Race

Smash Lord
cruise is an ok stage for marth, if you can play carefully through the platform part and not kill yourself then the stage is actually good. the boat part really is advantageous for marth because its a small area with 2 platforms and not just that, he can infinite in the boat as well. Also just because its not the best stage for marth I might pick it because its a bad stage for my opponent. If they main snake for example, and I know they are gonna go snake i'll go cruise on them cause snake does worse there then marth.

I wanted it in for many reasons though.

oh yeah "5th best marth in SoCal." is an inside joke between me, Mike Haze and adambomb, lol

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I hope they do another one on the 31st. :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I didnt go to the tourney. I havent been to a play N Trade tourney since last year.

Top Bottom