• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMDT Releases Blog Post Regarding Status of Project M 3.6

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Since the release of the video trailer of Project M 3.6 in late March, Smash enthusiasts have been waiting with bated breath for the actual release of the new version of Project M. However, two months later, there has been no semblance of a hint of when Project M's new version would be released. Today, the Project M Development Team released a blog post regarding the delay.

The PMDT writes that their plan was to release 3.6 shortly after the release of the trailer, but they were hit with a couple of key problems that required addressing. Namely, they found issues with throw release points that led to strange, buggy throw interactions with characters like R.O.B. Coders have been working to address this issue, and the rest of the PMDT has been taking advantage of the additional time to add more content to Project M 3.6.

In this blogpost, they also revealed that once Project M 3.6 is released, they will be reopening applications to the PMDT. So, if you feel like you can contribute to the PMDT, they will be accepting applications when 3.6 is released. They also affirmed that there will be no character additions in this new version.
KhanYe still believes in Knuckles. Follow him on Twitter @aymangolassi if you're into the Food Network and/or Melanie Iglesias.

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
Yay! Finally we hear something! I'm don't even care if they are making it better than it would have been anyway and fixing bugs.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I hope Bagan Smash Bros applies so we can get Ridley in the Official PROJECT M!!! YEAH BABY!

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
As a note, this additional content does not mean any changes to the size of the roster going from 3.5 to 3.6.
There is going to be no Knuckles or Lyn in 3.6.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
So joining the pmdt. I have worked for hours at a time, looking through codes, changing music and more. This is as close to game development as I can get.

Also...in the blog post, did anyone see where it said best version yet? Sounds kind of like what reggie said about brawl at e3. Suspicion confirmed?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Alright I just saw it on Twitter wasn't sure what context it was in. Basically it means as much as Parasect being in the end of the SMash 64 April fools video.
Parasect is #47- Er... I mean
The official Sonic twitter replied with this.
PMDT knows what to do, we know what to do.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I seriously think you guys missed the part where they stated the roster is not receiving any additions from 3.5 to 3.6.

As a note, this additional content does not mean any changes to the size of the roster going from 3.5 to 3.6.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
If ROB is the problem, replace ROB with Ridley :troll:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
There's something you don't see every day...
I'm serious. His recovery + aerial game is greatly dumbed down, and I don't find most of his attacks connect properly. Plus, I either want his jab to be an infinate again, or for the last hit to have more knockback.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious as to how some of the fan base would react if the PMDT were to somehow get Ridley in on a future update?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Character files are tiny...
That's not the reason at all
The characters made by Nintendo are ~5MB/char and the average of the two characters made by PMDT are ~14MB/char... I thought that they were close to the 2GB limit, but I just checked how large it is on my computer and it's currently at about 700MB. That means they can create another 92 characters.

My B.

Narpas_sword

That means they could fit another 90 character files on a 2gb Sd card, but that's nothing to do with the limits of hacking. There will be limited memory addresses they can access. Resources in the game structure itself is the issue.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That means they could fit another 90 character files on a 2gb Sd card, but that's nothing to do with the limits of hacking. There will be limited memory addresses they can access. Resources in the game structure itself is the issue.
Yeah, but if they can't have it on an SD card, that means it would be much harder to get tournament setups. Not everyone is willing to get homebrew on their Wii just to play PM and only about a fourth of the people I know who play PM have modded their Wii to do so.

trusty

Smash Apprentice
So we can finally play as knuckles, Lyn, young link, pichu, bayonetta, 1998 Honda Civic, batman, Darth Vader, metaknight, shantae, bomber man, naruto, 2006 madden Michael Vick, Severus Snape, Angela Merkl, wii e-shop bag, greninja, deadpool, tom from MySpace, nerfed greninja, Krystal, rhythm heaven, Pokemon trainer, fox, Lizzie McGuire, daisy, toad, Dixie kong, toadette, plusle and minun, frog and toad, robocop, Johnny Denny Lisa and Mark, Tetris, Ashley from wario ware, Rachel summers, mr resetti, Jenna cavanaugh, ice climbers, a couple broken Palutena amiibos, mew2king, my niece, Louie from pikmin, sopo, sona, mr G&W, rayman, Ridley, David Bowie in labyrinth, yuri gargarin, Ariel the Little Mermaid, razorback the space cowboy, sakurai, King k. rool, my baby niece, snake, ekans, an actually snAke, anaconda by Nicki minaj, alph, Louis CK, Dry Bones, lil b, ms pacman, birdo, wool yoshi, Harry Potter, balloon trip, barf party, a haircut, shaq, a shack, captain jack sparrow, splAtoon, voldo, petra, and Brett Favre, among other popular suggestions

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I may not be among them, but I have a feeling PAL players aught to be complaining for a release for their region... with every justification coming from 3.5's trailer promising that.

last I checked, though, one guy was tasked with doing the PAL coding... supposedly... european team needs help badly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Parasect is #47- Er... I mean
The official Sonic twitter replied with this.
PMDT knows what to do, we know what to do.
I need to say the following things in regards to this amazing situation:

1. I can't believe SEGA actually has out in the open responded to Project M before Nintendo or Konami did.

2. I can't believe SEGA's Twitter account basically subtly gave the impression they are okay with Knuckles in Project M, and they may even want Knuckles it it themselves.

3. The only way this could be better is if SEGA's initial response was "47".

4. When's Project SEGA?

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles the Echidna?
BUFF META KNIGHT, PLEASE!!! ;_;
Seriously? I can beat Giga Bowser using Project M Meta Knight, really! His attacks are way too fast! even faster than Sonic's!

All i want for 3.6:

- The real Dr. Mario, with his stats and final smash from Smash 3DS/Wii U
- More skins for Sonic :3

Top Bottom