• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMDT Releases Blog Post Regarding Status of Project M 3.6

Narpas_sword

Yeah, but if they can't have it on an SD card, that means it would be much harder to get tournament setups. Not everyone is willing to get homebrew on their Wii just to play PM and only about a fourth of the people I know who play PM have modded their Wii to do so.
What?
I'm saying that 2gb is plenty of space. They can't put 90 characters in because the limits of hacking won't allow that.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Through BrawlEx by Phantomwings, you can have a 128 character roster. Project M Unbound dev team was able to implement the Brawl Ex codes into PM3.2.

If the PMDT really wanted to aadd a ton of characters, they have the resources.

Also, using the Letterbomb exploit lets you load PM off an SDHC card over 2gb on a hackless Wii.

I love PM. I am so hype for 3.6. That Battlefield shown in the blog is legit, it is great.

DuckOfBlubber

Smash Rookie
I really hope the PAL version will be released soon because my friend wants SSBM back that I borrowed from him xD.

DuckOfBlubber

Smash Rookie
Can the Project M team at least tell us how far they are in development ?

Last edited:

Crulex Crystallite

Smash Cadet
Graymatter said:
We need Pichu...
Pichu needs to be super different from pikachu, though. It would be cool instead of hurting himself, using lightning based attacks (including smashes and aerials, not just specials) would give you a lightning aura that pulses and deals like 1-2% dmg a second if you're near Pichu, and you can release it to empower Thunder or Thundershock.

Or, Pichu could have a unique and more speedy moveset with different lightning abilities than Pika.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Or pichu could just be not added, because there's no reason to have another pokemans, let alone one that's going to have to go through a decloning process, but will still pretty much look like Pikachu anyway.

Or pichu could just be not added, because there's no reason to have another pokemans, let alone one that's going to have to go through a decloning process, but will still pretty much look like Pikachu anyway.
Yeah but Pichu is a Veteran. One of the big points of PM is to bring back Melee characteristics that weren't in Brawl- hence the inclusion of Roy an Mewtwo. also it would be cool to see if they could make Pichu into character that doesn't hurt himself because he's so nimble and he could actually be used well if it weren't for that. I know there is a lot of hate on Pichu but he is so dope.

Last edited:

PurpleDolphin

Smash Rookie
"They also affirmed that there will be no character additions in this new version."
I cri

Graymatter

Smash Cadet
Pichu needs to be super different from pikachu, though. It would be cool instead of hurting himself, using lightning based attacks (including smashes and aerials, not just specials) would give you a lightning aura that pulses and deals like 1-2% dmg a second if you're near Pichu, and you can release it to empower Thunder or Thundershock.

Or, Pichu could have a unique and more speedy moveset with different lightning abilities than Pika.
I duel main Falco and Pichu... he is already faster than Pikachu, and the move set doesn't need to be changed but buffed... Pichu requires that the player has the technical capability and consistency to constantly move (via wave dashing wave landing, platform and edge cancelling etc.)
you have to be able to DI and SDI... If Pichu was heavier that would be good, plus taking 1-3% from throwing out an attack is not that bad only if Pichu is controlled properly...

Last edited:

Crulex Crystallite

Smash Cadet
I duel main Falco and Pichu... he is already faster than Pikachu, and the move set doesn't need to be changed but buffed... Pichu requires that the player has the technical capability and consistency to constantly move (via wave dashing wave landing, platform and edge cancelling etc.)
you have to be able to DI and SDI... If Pichu was heavier that would be good, plus taking 1-3% from throwing out an attack is not that bad only if Pichu is controlled properly...
PM isn't that kind of game though. It's not a simple translation of Pichu from Melee to Pichu in PM. The archetypes the characters fit are more unique (ganon in PM is way different to falcon with his float and command grab, bowser has armor and can jump really high, but not in melee), so it would be fitting to see Pichu changed to a more unique moveset if he was added to the roster.

While it could work if it was a simple buff to Melee > PM Pichu, the game isn't really designed that way. The gap of similarity is too small with that design between Pika and Pichu. It's like adding in Doctor Mario even though PM Mario is essentially Melee Doc and Mario combined.

Top Bottom