• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMCE (Complete Extension) PACKAGE 2 - UPDATE IS LIVE!!! ENJOY!!!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone! I just want to let everyone know that this project is still being worked on. With all the craziness of Smashboards not being here, combined with most of us getting into our busy seasons, things have slowed, but now it should get somewhat better.

I want to keep things pretty hyped, so here's a question: what character do you think we'll have the best mods/recolors from us? Answer, and I (or one of the others if they get around here) will post a photo of one of that character's models that we think you'll love. Of course, I can only do this in .jpg format through converting the Brawl .bin files, but it's still something, right?

If you guys have another method of showing content that you think we should try, feel free to let us know. We're open to a lot of suggestions, and want you guys to show your interest. Here's to hoping that this place is stable again!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon!

& It feels good to be back on Smashboards
CF has so many good choices (and so many of those that need revision...) that it's difficult to nail down some permanent content, but I think I have one that you'll be pleased to see. I'm doing homework right now so it'll be a while, but I'll have yours and hopefully others up later today.

Yes it does. I missed you guys. haha

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
That's because you already know what's coming... =P
That's true. Speaking of which, we gotta get Bamesy over here to update the OP, and have some Dolphin pics uploaded so these guys can get a share. I was starting something like that earlier today, but I think this would be easier.

BTW, guys, I'll post the pics (once I take them) anyway. Hopefully they can get better ones, though.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Here's a nice shot of the Blood Falcon. While it's kind of unadventurous considering that one of CF's alts looked a lot like it, this guy is the real deal. Notice his spiked shoulder armor, angry eyes, skull-and-bones themed helmet and boots, etc.

Bonus: Guess the stage and I'll do some previews of it as well.
Blood Falcon 1.jpg

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Controversial !?

Ahh you should join freelancing photography.
By that I mean that there are a ton of textures of fighter-type characters, most of which are awesome and would be great in the pack. Some of them have certain problems, though, like rigging, or texture quality, or import model shading issues, etc. So, we have to figure out if we can fix certain things, and then decide which ones should go in the 10 slots. "Controversial" was a bit exaggerated. Speaking of which, send anyone our way that would like to help us with stuff like that.

Thanks. haha

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So are y'all going to do anything for Roy in the future?

I had to clean up my pants just now.
Well, yeah, I guess. haha We're gonna include as much freaking stuff as we can, and this is one of the last things we'd do away with. It's just a matter of getting everything working again...

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to just get the stage extension for right now? I noticed that there werent any completed packs up, and I don't want to be limited to a few characters.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is there a way to just get the stage extension for right now? I noticed that there werent any completed packs up, and I don't want to be limited to a few characters.
Libertyernie created a stage expansion pack long before our project started, but has been updating it for each P:M version. Here it is. Just make sure to get 5.5m, rather than just 5.5, since that one's for vBrawl players.

EDIT: Oh, and look forward to an OP update sometime soon, guys. We've been working actively every day, and you'll be amazed at what's been done. We're still considering what is most appropriate to share with you at this time, though.

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
Thanks. My friends will love this pack. :smash: Well I have to go work on this now then! Do you just drop it in or what? Or does it need to be placed in a ceratain way.
Libertyernie created a stage expansion pack long before our project started, but has been updating it for each P:M version. Here it is. Just make sure to get 5.5m, rather than just 5.5, since that one's for vBrawl players.

EDIT: Oh, and look forward to an OP update sometime soon, guys. We've been working actively every day, and you'll be amazed at what's been done. We're still considering what is most appropriate to share with you at this time, though.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thanks. My friends will love this pack. :smash: Well I have to go work on this now then! Do you just drop it in or what? Or does it need to be placed in a ceratain way.
Just drop in one of the two packs included in the 5.5m download. Each has different stages. Message me if you have any more issues.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Ayeeeee ****olas!

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add the "M" in your name and it censored it lol
lol When I made my account, I worried that the likeness to that word would make people think I was a troll or something. My initials are DAM, too, so when I was little I thought I'd get in trouble in school for writing a curse when I put them down...

Anyway, you probably won't hear from me for a little while today, although I can't speak for the others. Got a train to catch and people to catch up with.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
What exactly have you guys been up to?
This project, of course! It's been brought up in other threads, so I guess it's not a secret: we've been making and tweaking content for you guys, in addition to just collecting things. I won't spoil anything, but it'll be fun!

Kati

Smash Lord
Here's a nice shot of the Blood Falcon. While it's kind of unadventurous considering that one of CF's alts looked a lot like it, this guy is the real deal. Notice his spiked shoulder armor, angry eyes, skull-and-bones themed helmet and boots, etc.

Bonus: Guess the stage and I'll do some previews of it as well.View attachment 2491
while it is nice, his helmet and gloves are suuuuuuper dark in game. Simply pasting vbrawl's over probably wouldn't match though.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
while it is nice, his helmet and gloves are suuuuuuper dark in game. Simply pasting vbrawl's over probably wouldn't match though.
That's something we'll have to look into; you're right, from what I can see from Blood Falcon's concept art. We haven't started to review each character's costumes yet for our "Fun" Pack (although we'll obviously see if they deserve a spot at all), so this will be looked at when we get there. As we've said, the "Tourney" Pack is the main priority at the moment.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
After learning about someone making a "Project M" version of Waluigi and seeing to other videos, it makes me ask if there could be different character photos on the select screen. I say that way, all the characters look equal(and it would be a good way to differentiate PM from the other versions of SSBB). Namely the character poses on the thumbnail of the Waluigi Videos(Waluigi vs the original 8 Smashers for one).

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
After learning about someone making a "Project M" version of Waluigi and seeing to other videos, it makes me ask if there could be different character photos on the select screen. I say that way, all the characters look equal(and it would be a good way to differentiate PM from the other versions of SSBB). Namely the character poses on the thumbnail of the Waluigi Videos(Waluigi vs the original 8 Smashers for one).
By this, do you mean that you'd like us to change the Character Select Icons and Portraits (the blocks you use to select your character, and the image of said character that shows of your color on your card at the bottom of the screen)? If yes, we're already doing that. You'll be quite pleased with the results.

Kati

Smash Lord
As you guys have been busy since starting the project, may I ask whether or not you got cbliss working with 2.6b? I myself have been unable to load bowser's extra slots, but otherwise found the setup doable like with previous versions.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
As you guys have been busy since starting the project, may I ask whether or not you got cbliss working with 2.6b? I myself have been unable to load bowser's extra slots, but otherwise found the setup doable like with previous versions.
We've been able to be continually working, don't worry. We're working at a nice pace; it's just that we're perfectionists, you know? To answer your question, yes, we've had this problem as well. It seems everyone is... This should be no worry once the alternate costume engine gets here, but there's not much to do in the meantime.

Kati

Smash Lord
wait, you had the same problem..? with Bowser specifically..?

edit
my common5 is currently 4,758 kb but I can load any other character just fine.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I got cBliss working just fine on my P:M setup. Just note the size limit of Common5.
Our common5 is being watched carefully. We're well under, actually. It's just a Bowser problem.
wait, you had the same problem..? with Bowser specifically..?.
Yup. It's happening to a lot of people. Bowser got messed with a couple significant respects from 2.6 to 2.6b, so it could well be a P:M compatibility issue.

Kati

Smash Lord
Wow that is actually such a relief to know. I've been stressing so much trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Wow that is actually such a relief to know. I've been stressing so much trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.
Yeah, we've been noticing issues primarily with Bowser slots 02, 08, 09. Hoping to get this fixed before release.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Expect a full release of the 2.6b Package 2 version in like... a week or 2.

Top Bottom