• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I really want to Diddy to have an alt referencing Diddy Kong Racing.

I think it would be really cool if he could have Timber's RareWare hat. But that probably can't happen, unless that logo is already in vBrawl somewhere.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I really want to Diddy to have an alt referencing Diddy Kong Racing.

I think it would be really cool if he could have Timber's RareWare hat. But that probably can't happen, unless that logo is already in vBrawl somewhere.
In Diddy Kong Racing for the DS, he wears the Nintendo DS logo. Bam, problem solved!

Yeah, me too.
Is this forreal???
Why would I lie to my favourite child? Of course! I just want to see what happens when you beat it with Roy's our boy!

Last edited:

Rongunshu

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a Roy alt? The boy needs a change of clothes.

Edit: Whoops was looking at the wrong page. Disregard this message plz.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
In Diddy Kong Racing for the DS, he wears the Nintendo DS logo. Bam, problem solved!
The reference would be so much cooler if it was related to the N64 one tho. Diddy can sport that Nintendo symbol all day, so if he cosplayed DS Timber, a lot of people wouldn't even realize what that is. Only difference would be that his hat is a slightly different style. It wouldn't be a noticeable nod to the character without the Rare logo, honestly.
Maybe a Roy alt? The boy needs a change of clothes.

Edit: Whoops was looking at the wrong page. Disregard this message plz.
Certainly not. We talk about Alternate Costumes here, mate.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The reference would be so much cooler if it was related to the N64 one tho. Diddy can sport that Nintendo symbol all day, so if he cosplayed DS Timber, a lot of people wouldn't even realize what that is. Only difference would be that his hat is a slightly different style. It wouldn't be a noticeable nod to the character without the Rare logo, honestly.

Certainly not. We talk about Alternate Costumes here, mate.
I want a Rareware logo too, first game I ever owned was Banjo-Tooie, it's just a matter of what Project M can get away with.

ROY'S OUR BOY.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Agon Wastes was home to a Pirate Outpost, I believe. It was a mining facility, and it's also one of the first areas you explore once you lose all your gear, and fight Dark Samus for the first time. You also see Metroids in one area. So I guess it's got pretty much everything iconic to Metroid.

As for Norfair, I think it'd be cool if we actually saw enemies lurking in the area in the background and in the lava. Like Red Space Pirates, Magdollites, or Dragons, respectively.

What if Rippers occasionally lurked around offstage and could be landed on after falling, like Randall? They're pretty useful in the Metroid universe, so it would make sense.
I hardly remember anything from that area. Just the place where the intro to Agon Wastes plays, the room with the portal and the giant room where you fight the three giant worms in Dark Agon Wastes, and all of them seem too "peaceful" for the tracks that play in Frigate Orpheon.

As long as there aren't too many of them, I'd be okay with some enemies jumping from the lava and such, but I don't agree at all with the rippers idea. I don't think anyone wants to see another competitive stage with a Randall-like thing, and the Brawl version already has too many things going on.
I think I'd prefer if Brinstar Depths replaced Brawl Norfair if we were going to have it. They could switch the Brinstar Depths music with a song on Norfair and put another Metroid theme on Brinstar. Perhaps if they did that, 64 Zebes could become a Brinstar more tailored to what Brinstar actually looks like, or something like Crateria, and we'd still have room for an alt related to the Space Pirates on Frigate like you wanted.
Even though I'm not a fan of how the stage looks, Brawl Norfair is pretty fun and I wouldn't trade it for Brinstar Depths.

Why do people like the 64 stage so much? It's just Brinstar with different platforms, without stage splitting and with 64 graphics. The melted cheese-lava is also fugly.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Zebes has an awesome layout compared to Brinstar, but you're right that the acid looks way too bright.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm personally fond of the bigger stages, and all the N64 stages are huge. Zebes (I've always pronounced it zeebs) is super asymmetrical and lumpy, given it an unnatural feel that I for some reason enjoy. But it's not very pretty, it'd be neat if someone made an HD version of it, even if it'd be very similar to Brinstar. In my build, I replaced each 64 stage with the Brawl variant that it replaced, but I was sure to keep Brinstar, Yoshi Story, and Sector Z, they're too fun!

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm personally fond of the bigger stages, and all the N64 stages are huge. Zebes (I've always pronounced it zeebs) is super asymmetrical and lumpy, given it an unnatural feel that I for some reason enjoy. But it's not very pretty, it'd be neat if someone made an HD version of it, even if it'd be very similar to Brinstar. In my build, I replaced each 64 stage with the Brawl variant that it replaced, but I was sure to keep Brinstar, Yoshi Story, and Sector Z, they're too fun!
I like the Zebes layout, but again, ugly stage. Maybe they could keep the layout and change the actual environment to one of the places I was talking about earlier. I'd be pretty happy with that.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I agree with Nefnoj. I would REALLY like to see HD versions of the 64 stages that don't have their own slots. Sure it isn't as nostalgic, but that's why I bought Smash 64 on the eshop. I think that's all it would need to satisfy Shin without changing the location.

I guess this is how people felt when we wanted to change Norfair to somewhere else

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The only problem with that would be the inconsistencies between the HD stages and their variants, and I don't think the Project M team is planning to remove the 64 alts anytime soon even though I definitely wouldn't miss 'em.

But who knows? Maybe the stage wizards will get bored and make a few more HD stages for the Vault and our personal builds.
Please.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think that's all it would need to satisfy Shin without changing the location.
You think so? I dunno... I know that guy pretty well. I'm not sure he'd go for it. He didn't play 64 until after Melee and Brawl, so he's not attached to the stage at all. I think he likes the layout, but he thinks that it just doesn't look very Metroid-ish. Plus, he thinks it already kind of looks like Brinstar, and making it HD would probably just make it more so. He'd really rather have something that looks new.

... We are talking about @Shin, right?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
You think so? I dunno... I know that guy pretty well. I'm not sure he'd go for it. He didn't play 64 until after Melee and Brawl, so he's not attached to the stage at all. I think he likes the layout, but he thinks that it just doesn't look very Metroid-ish. Plus, he thinks it already kind of looks like Brinstar, and making it HD would probably just make it more so. He'd really rather have something that looks new.

... We are talking about @Shin, right?
This third person stuff is messing with my head.

The part about looking like Brinstar is true for Kongo Jungle, there's already Jungle Japes anyway, haha. I barely played 64 until recently, actually, when I got it through the Wii Shop Channel. Practically memorized it because I'm a freak though.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It was hella bad
also something about Wario Land > Wario Ware arguments that last 5 or so pages longer than they should
Wow! What drama! The only thing it was good for was fast and recoveries anyway, the brute force of the arm is much better.

Vote Wario Land.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Stage alt for Port Town should be Mute City fo sho.

also I forget, was it Kongo Jungle or Jungle Japes that was gonna get an HD remake?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
also I forget, was it Kongo Jungle or Jungle Japes that was gonna get an HD remake?
Kongo Jungle. Jungle Japes was in Brawl so I doubt it needs much of a touch-up (at least IMO).

EDIT: On a similar note, who thinks that the 64 stages that don't get their own slot (ex's: Planet Zebes, Sector Z, etc) should also be made in HD style? I personally think the game should depart from the low-poly look wherever it can.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
So by Kongo Jungle do you mean the one from 64 or the one from melee with the waterfall?

Because I'd really like to have the latter back again..

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So by Kongo Jungle do you mean the one from 64 or the one from melee with the waterfall?

Because I'd really like to have the latter back again..
The 64 version, though I too would love to see the Melee... Jungle Japes doesn't currently have an alt yet...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The 64 version, though I too would love to see the Melee... Jungle Japes doesn't currently have an alt yet...
This would be amazing. I feel like they'll eventually add plenty of alts but it'll take some time. There are a few forms of Melee Kongo Jungle on the Vault but none of them have the cannon...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
We need Great Bay as the Pirate Ship's alt.
OVER ANALYSIS TIME
. So my entire life of knowing of Project M's costumes I've always hated the idea of Mr. L team colours. When I saw them on the Vault, I always shuddered. When they were confirmed for 3.6, I had a heart attack, and not the good Nanobuddy kind... Until I saw the white variant, it stood out, looked better than the other palette swaps. Then I realized that it goes all the way back to my Wario palette swap. Remember what I said about the palette with primary colours? Not red, green and blue, but the colours that stand out the most. It's a similar system. Not only do they look extremely alike in gameplay, but they don't stand out, and are comparatively jarring because the costume only has two colours, green and black, and in every other Smash game, two to three colours are almost always changed, with the most primary colour changing the most. Neither happened with the Mr. L palettes.

I thought I'd try switching the sleeves and the pants, leaving everything else, including Luigi's sweater vest with the nipple oh my gosh I've never said that word before, is it a bad word? Will Mommy slaughter me? thingies, unchanged. Turns out the vest uses the same texture as the sleeves, so that was impossible. Instead, I switched the texture of the pants and the mask to the team colour, red for the orange, and blue for the cyan. I also changed the white buckle and nips of the cyan Mr. L to silver, to better fit the cool colour spectrum of Mr. L. Please understand:

Are they good? Are they bad? Please tell me how these can be improved because the older palette swaps make me want to hurt those whom I love.

I would like to see Luigi's Final Smash dance double as a Smash Taunt.
I would also like to know where in the files to go to to switch stock icons. Some work well, but the ones that appear over the battle portraits don't change.
I just used "to to" too properly. BAM.
This would be amazing. I feel like they'll eventually add plenty of alts but it'll take some time. There are a few forms of Melee Kongo Jungle on the Vault but none of them have the cannon...
I've only seen custom ones made from pieces of Kongo Jungle and Rumble Falls. They look nasty, glork.

Last edited:
Normally, I lurk the thread, but I have a random question that's art related. You know how we have the "3, 2, 1, Go!" And "GAME" fonts? Are we able to edit those, or are they hard coded, or something? It'd be pretty cool to change those to further differentiate PM from Brawl, especially if they used what I call "project m purple" on the text or font.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Please don't change Mr. L's blue color, I actually like it a lot as is, the red one definitely needs some work though.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Normally, I lurk the thread, but I have a random question that's art related. You know how we have the "3, 2, 1, Go!" And "GAME" fonts? Are we able to edit those, or are they hard coded, or something? It'd be pretty cool to change those to further differentiate PM from Brawl, especially if they used what I call "project m purple" on the text or font.
It can be done, but not many bother. I know the Smash 3 team did it.
Please don't change Mr. L's blue color, I actually like it a lot as is, the red one definitely needs some work though.
Funny, I felt just the opposite way. :p

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm personally fine with all of the Mr. L recolors we have in 3.6. :3

In other news, a thought developed in my mind space. I was thinking about the costume I had brought up earlier for Diddy Kong, sporting Timber's Rare hat to reference DK Racing. It would need a shirt to go with it. It would be cool to match the blue and gold of Timber's hat, but without just having a random design akin to next to nothing.

So, I think it would be pretty dope if Diddy's shirt had the pattern from Diddy Kong Racing's famous Golden Balloons.

ex.
image.jpg

It would match Timber's Rare Hat, and make the Costume even better at serving as a nod to Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
THE TRAINING STAGE

SHOULD HAVE A POKÉMON STADIUM MONITOR.

I will accept one million dollars.

I also greatly miss Great Bay.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Does the training stage serve any purpose though? The sandbag isn't as useful as a normal CPU dummy, legal stages don't have walls like the one on the left of the stage and if someone wants to mess with platform techs there's already Battlefield for that.

Maybe this should go to the official stage discussion thread?

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
That wall is for practicing various wall tech without having to die/respawn when you mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom