• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYQx0SvVOI
lol'd at Ivy's Japanese announcer.
FOOSHIGI SO

the Pikmin announcement isn't so bad. I mean if you can take 'Pikmin' out and fix the end syllable, there shouldn't be a problem with adding Louie as an Alt. Maybe even other Pikmin characters as well.

Besides, the Pikmin do all the fighting anyway. :troll:

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I think so.

I haven't played any MG but personally I like MGS4's old Snake.
yea old snake would probably be the best alt if we could only choose one in PM. Cause he looks the most different.

I just happen to like MGS1/Twin Snakes one better than the Brawl one.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
yea old snake would probably be the best alt if we could only choose one in PM. Cause he looks the most different.

I just happen to like MGS1/Twin Snakes one better than the Brawl one.
Multiple alts is possible, so MGS1 Snake isn't out of the question.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Let's bring the convo back.
Alright, let's discuss the most popular request that is completely doable for future builds. Not personal favorites. Simple, falls within the guidelines, and is wanted by a majority of the community. Let's try to agree here.
Take Phazon Suit Samus. She was one of the most popular hacks in the early days of hacking. Personally, I think the outfit would be a simple nice edition that the fans would enjoy. I also think the P:M team could add a little more style to it than previous hacks.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I know a lot of people want Sir Aaron's clothes for Lucario (as do I), but I think it's not viable as Lucario doesn't actually wear them in the movie :( . I think the doable ones everyone wants are:

-Criminal Luigi Mr. L recolors / extra costumes for Luigi since there's 4 spaces left
-Shadow Queen Peach recolors / extra costumes for Peach since there's 4 spaces left
-Dry Bowser recolors
-Classic Captain Falcon, Melee Captain Falcon, and / or Helmetless Captain Falcon
-Zero Suit Samus' other non-armor clothes
-Other Power Suits for Samus
-Ocarina of Time / Melee Zelda
-Ocarina of Time / Melee Shiek
-Ocarina of Time / Melee Ganondorf
-Recolors or extra costumes for Toon Link like Conductor Link from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Extra hats for Pikachu and Jigglypuff (actual recolors probably won't happen)
-Different skins for Marth and Roy like FE 12 Marth and Awakening Roy
-Different class outfits for Ike (Vanguard Ike, etc.)
-Extra renditions of R.O.B. with different Nintendo consoles other than Virtual Boy (N.E.S. and Famicom R.O.B. are already covered so things like Super N.E.S., N64, GameCube, and Wii like that pic andalsoandy posted a while back).
-3 Sacred Treasures Pit
-Penguin recolor for Dedede
-Old Snake / Tuxedo Snake

I THINK I got all the popular ones. Feel free to add others.

EDIT: Updated with Pajama Ness recolors and Nice Clothes Masked Man Lucas recolors.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I know a lot of people want Sir Aaron's clothes for Lucario (as do I), but I think it's not viable as Lucario doesn't actually wear them in the movie :( . I think the doable ones everyone wants are:

-Criminal Luigi Mr. L recolors / extra costumes for Luigi since there's 4 spaces left
-Shadow Queen Peach recolors / extra costumes for Peach since there's 4 spaces left
-Dry Bowser recolors
-Classic Captain Falcon, Melee Captain Falcon, and / or Helmetless Captain Falcon
-Recolors or extra costumes for Toon Link like Conductor Link from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Extra renditions of R.O.B. with different Nintendo consoles other than Virtual Boy (N.E.S. and Famicom R.O.B. are already covered so things like Super N.E.S., N64, GameCube, and Wii like that pic andalsoandy posted a while back).
-3 Sacred Treasures Pit

LOL at Criminal Luigi. Pretty good list.

As for Aaron's clothes, he doesn't need to have worn them. Jigglypuff and Pikachu have plenty of things they've never worn in their alt costumes, like Jiggz Fairy Wings.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

-Dry Bowser recolors
-3 Sacred Treasures Pit

you're pretty spot on.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
You all think they should make this small change with the hair of lucas on his third costume? Since it already has the colors

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
If they did fighter Kirby, would it be possible for it to replace that with whatever Kirby hat he swallowed?

I'm not actually sure how the hats work at all. Is it going on top of the model, or is it a separate model? I guess it can't be a separate model, that'd be crazy.
I want Kirby's powers to actually correspond to powers fron the games. Lucario would give him fighter, ROB would give him Spark ect.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I'd love to see a Naked Snake alt costume for Snake.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I'd love to see a Naked Snake alt costume for Snake.
I'm not sure they can actually do that. Sure, he looks exactly the same and has the same voice actor (well, aside from MGSV), but he's not the same person and the PMBR might refuse to do this because of that. That being said, there are plenty of other costume opportunities for Snake. MGS1, MGS4, Tuxedo, MG1 and MG2, etc.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm not sure they can actually do that. Sure, he looks exactly the same and has the same voice actor (well, aside from MGSV), but he's not the same person and the PMBR might refuse to do this because of that. That being said, there are plenty of other costume opportunities for Snake. MGS1, MGS4, Tuxedo, MG1 and MG2, etc.
But they can have normal snake wearing Naked snakes outfit, (If they have different clothes. I wouldn't know because of lack of MGS in my life)

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Well Peach and Shadow Queen aren't the same person, so there could be a chance that it could still be an alt.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Actually, technically they are, cause Shadow Peach is possessed Peach
But it's not really Peach, then, right? You're playing as whatever possessed her. In that case, she counts because she still has Peach's body, i.e., she's biologically the same. So, Naked Snake (being biologically the same as Snake, I believe) should be eligible.

Last edited:

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Well I apparently did't look too much into that. I haven't played Paper Mario so I don't know much.

I still think it's a possibility.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
he's a damn clone. It's the same person biologically. :I

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I had a good idea for Snake. Solid Snake from the first game on PS1.

Shaven Snake. So young. So shaven.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Has a Twilight Princess Possessed Zelda already been requested?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
TP Link and OoT Link aren't the same person either and that's a thing.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
TP Link and OoT Link aren't the same person either and that's a thing.
The Link on Smash isn't Link from X game but Link as a concept. He can have whatever character design he wants as long as he's Link. You could say the same for Toon Link who's just separate for drastically different proportions.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
PM's redesign of Wolf is incredible. PM should redesign every character. If they really wanted to set themselves apart as a completely different Smash game, I would be totally fine with replacing the default costumes with their own designs. Not that it would ever happen, but I think that'd be pretty neat.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
PM's redesign of Wolf is incredible. PM should redesign every character. If they really wanted to set themselves apart as a completely different Smash game, I would be totally fine with replacing the default costumes with their own designs. Not that it would ever happen, but I think that'd be pretty neat.
I actually think this is a pretty cool idea. I'd be interested to see what they could come up with when it comes to new designs.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No one's really brought up Sonic lately, so I'm gonna refer to some old posts I made in regards to him.

And by refer, I mean link to them. XD

http://smashboards.com/threads/alt-costume-thread.340857/page-28#post-15968978

http://smashboards.com/threads/alt-costume-thread.340857/page-28#post-15969023

Or if nothing else

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35112

Just do his SA2 Alt racing outfit like this and model him some new Soap Shoes to make it look better and more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom