• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Even if it's not, I just thought of something. What if they added the bones to all of the costumes, but it only actually had a model on it in the scarf and cape alts? Like, the palette swaps would just be invisible where the cape should appear.
The bones don't have to be bound to anything, so that's actually entirely possible, assuming they don't exceed the file size limit. In fact, as I've said, I'm fairly sure it's been done before on the vault.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't think you can add bones unless you change everything in the MotionEtc.pac files to add the new bones and add the same bones to the other models.

Wario is the only character that breaks this rule. His alt. costume has more bones than the original.

I don't think that's possible.
It probably is possible. I mean they obviously altered Doc's own MotionEtc.pac to make the pills work, so the pipe is probably possible.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone else think that Meowser needs to be an alt costume for Bowser in the next update?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
About the whole alt costumes and bones thing. There's a Dixie costume that goes over Diddy, where her hair has its own movements. Unless they MOVED Diddy's tail bones or something, I'm pretty sure that confirms being able to have different bones on costumes.

Unless I'm super-mega mistaken.

Edit: ^ I wouldn't mind Meowser, although did he have a shell? I was too busy running for my life to notice. If not, go for Dark Bowser first.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
About the whole alt costumes and bones thing. There's a Dixie costume that goes over Diddy, where her hair has its own movements. Unless they MOVED Diddy's tail bones or something, I'm pretty sure that confirms being able to have different bones on costumes.

Unless I'm super-mega mistaken.

Edit: ^ I wouldn't mind Meowser, although did he have a shell? I was too busy running for my life to notice. If not, go for Dark Bowser first.
Yeah he did have a shell.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I don't think you can add bones unless you change everything in the MotionEtc.pac files to add the new bones and add the same bones to the other models.

Wario is the only character that breaks this rule. His alt. costume has more bones than the original.

It probably is possible. I mean they obviously altered Doc's own MotionEtc.pac to make the pills work, so the pipe is probably possible.
Jigg's Sleepy costume has bones.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey, in that case, Meowser is actually a really cool choice, because of how visually distinct he is.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
I guess I just missed the game/episode where Lucario went around stealing clothes from blackbelts of who-knows-the-hell-what-quando, or maybe it was in some fanfiction you were reading at the time.

Are you saying that your an important person when it comes what does and doesn`t happen in this game? I main Lucario and have spent hours learning him so should I get to have a bigger impact on this topic even though I`ve never entered a tournament?
yes.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
You know, at first I felt bad for ViewtifulHoe242 getting slammed by Shin F., but now that this answer reveals that you are, indeed, a troll, I'm not going to care anymore.
im truly hurt that you dont care about me internet stranger. many a night i have stared at the ceiling for hours wondering iff edgethelucas truly cares about me, if he/she truly likes my tuna casserole, why he/she never looks me in the eye when we make love, why he/she never wants to cuddle afterwards... find the block/ignore button if this site has one and keep the alt costume discussion going **** head ;)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Not sure if VietifulHoe is ViewtifulGene from Gamefaqs, or a lowly troll. I want to hope it's the latter, as this level of "trolling" is far beneath him.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link apparently already has an outset atl....dont you think link deserves one as well?

Last edited:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
We currently cannot add bones to individual costumes and have them working well with havok as far as I know. Thus we cannot add capes to characters who don't originally have them. The reasons are many but I'm not an expert on it, Eternal_Yoshi might be able to give a better insight on the limits.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I've only been here a short while but I've seen three or four cases already where someone comes in, suggests squirtle squad glasses, gets told about the Easter egg then immediately says they should just make it an alt costume.

Really I think they're far more fun as a trick like that plus you can get them with any colour that way.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I just realized... Mario's yellow costume is gone.

._.

*sigh*

I kinda liked fighting Wario vs. Wario Mario...

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'd give him a Louie alt. and just change the character name to "Pikmin"
but they have to be the same character, and who would say "PIKMIN!"? at the CSS (if your going to argue with Roy and Mewtwo, the announcer helped a friend make a youtube video with him saying the names of more video game characters and PIKMIN! was not one of them.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Olimar already has a Louie color, which PMBR made to reference Louie even more.

Ever since Lost Levels, Luigi jumps higher and has less traction than Mario.
not in the "new" games. I remember the director saying he didn't want people to fight over who got the best character so he made all 4 players the exact same.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
but they have to be the same character, and who would say "PIKMIN!"? at the CSS (if your going to argue with Roy and Mewtwo, the announcer helped a friend make a youtube video with him saying the names of more video game characters and PIKMIN! was not one of them.
Would you mind linking this video? I'm interested in seeing it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Would you mind linking this video? I'm interested in seeing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo I think they sped up the Roy and Mewtwo clips to sound more like the rest of the characters. It's only believed that this is actually the Brawl announcer but it's been here for 5 years and nobody has come up with a good enough argument as to why it's not him. (He was also the announcer for Bill Nye the Science Man)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Man, that Louie idea got shot down quick.
I can't think of any other Olimar alt. that would work though. I mean there's certainly some colors he can take from Pikmin 3 but I'd rather see him with a true alternate costume.
That isn't cool. Louie is a player 2 *****. No one wants to be him, especially when you can be Olimar.
Personally I kinda like Louie. Louie's kinda like Luigi, being a bit clumsier and sillier than the main character.
I'm pretty sure he says Pikmin in the japanese version.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Man, that Louie idea got shot down quick.
I can't think of any other Olimar alt. that would work though. I mean there's certainly some colors he can take from Pikmin 3 but I'd rather see him with a true alternate costume.

Personally I kinda like Louie. Louie's kinda like Luigi, being a bit clumsier and sillier than the main character.

I'm pretty sure he says Pikmin in the japanese version.
but isn't that like a different announcer?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
*digs up Japanese vs. US voice video* dear god that voice clip sucked. Did anyone even listen to it before putting it in the game? It sounded like the weird announcer mashes right before the master hand event that sounds so unnatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom