• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Solid Snake has green, red, and blue alternative costume. Green is a light green with dark green Christmas trees all over it, Red is white with red polka dots all over it, Blue is blue with snowflakes all over it.

I actually just downloaded SSB64 on my Wii, and it got me thinking... What about Fighting Polygon Team alts for the SSB64 originals, plus wire frame costumes for Zelda and Captain Falcon?
that'd be weird but I'd like to see how they'd look if they were Brawl styled.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Regarding Dr. Luigi alts, I don't think it would be feasible due to a Dr. Luigi not being canon until very recently. C&D threat, no?

Shin F.

Smash Master
So, in an attempt to revive some kind of interest in this thread, here's what I'd have for everyone in order to fill up all their slots. Some of them may be unlikely or slightly made up, but I mainly want to fill all 10 slots for everyone. I may have miscounted on some of them, but whatever.

Mario - Already full, leave him alone.
Luigi - Red and Blue team Mr. L recolors, and Dr. Luigi
Peach - Nurse Peach, Sports Peach
Bowser - Dark Bowser, Strikers Bowser (not sure if it's been mentioned, picture here), Wedding Bowser
Donkey Kong - Funky Kong's clothes, Strikers Charged DK, Swanky Kong's clothes
Diddy Kong - Strikers Diddy (and green & blue team recolors), Donkey Kong Jr's clothes
Yoshi - Already full, leave him alone.
Wario - Already full, leave him alone.
Link - First Link (SS Manga, red scarf)
Zelda - OoT with Team recolors
Sheik - OoT with Team recolors
Ganondorf - OoT with Team recolors
Toon Link - ALttP Link with Team recolors
Samus and ZSS -
I was thinking about that - are Fusion Suit team colors really necessary?

Hmm. If I was going to do it, here's how I would like to have her costumes:

1. Default Varia
2. vBrawl Red or UAM 1 (R)
3. vBrawl Green or MP2 Green (G)
4. Fusion Suit (B)
5. Gravity Suit
6. Phazon Suit
7. Dark Suit
8. Light Suit
9. PED Suit
10. 'Dark Samus' look-alike suit / PED Suit in Hyper Mode

1. Default ZSS
2. Zero Mission Ending
3. Military Clothes or Civvies (Other M)
4. Cyan
5. Purple
6. Black
7. Brown
8. White
9. Justin Bailey
10. 'Corrupted' Samus

The Gravity and Fusion Suits are interchangeable, since they could both potentially fill the role of her blue costume. The Hyper PED / Dark Samus / Corrupted Samus suits would have effects using Aura or Darkness to make it look like Phazon, if that's possible.

Since UAM 1 is something I don't think I've seen mentioned, here's a link for anyone who doesn't know what it is.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/UAM_1_(Metroid_Fusion)
Pit - Sacred Treasures Pit, Classic Pit & Team recolors for one of the two specials.
Ice Climbers - Realistic Ice Climbers (Picks) and Ice Climbers with hoods down. Team Recolors for one of them.
ROB - SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB
Kirby - Recolors. Any would work, but the ones I've seen mentioned are Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow...
Meta Knight - Galacta Knight Team recolors, Meta Knight Unmasked or Galacta Knight's Mask.
King Dedede - Penguin colored, Masked Dedede & Team Recolors
Olimar - Alph, Brittany and Charlie recolors
Fox - Already full, leave him alone.
Falco - Already full, leave him alone
Wolf - Eyepatch costume Team recolors
Captain Falcon - Dunno, not an F-Zero fan. Wearing other racers' clothes, maybe?
Pikachu - Christmas Hat, Sparky Hair, Shiny Pikachu / Raichu-colored, Team Rocket Hat
Squirtle - Shiny Squirtle, Wartortle & Team Recolors
Ivysaur - Bulbasaur & recolors
Charizard - Ridley colored, Dragonite colored, Czar Dragon colored, Dry Charizard
Lucario - Sir Aaron's clothes with Team recolors
Mewtwo - Cloaked Mewtwo, Shiny Mewtwo in Armor, Shiny Mewtwo in Cloak
Jigglypuff - Christmas Hat, Nurse Joy Hat, Officer Jenny Hat
Marth - Smash 4 Marth, Other FE Lord's clothes - not a Fire Emblem player so I don't know any specific ones.
Roy - Other FE Lord's clothes - not a Fire Emblem player so I don't know any specific ones.
Ike - Other FE Lord's clothes - not a Fire Emblem player so I don't know any specific ones.
Ness - Jeff's school uniform, Poo's martial arts gi, Ninten's clothes
Lucas - Commander Lucas Team recolors
Mr. Game & Watch - Orange, Purple, White, Silver
Snake - Not a Metal Gear fan, so I suppose Naked Snake or wearing Big Boss' clothes like other people suggested.
Sonic - Golden Sonic, Silver Sonic (recolor, not the character), Orange Sonic, Purple Sonic

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Can you post a pic of cloaked Mewtwo?

And I'd suggest the current Blonde Zelda to be replaced with a Hilda recolor, since OoT Zelda is a natural blonde anyway.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Can you post a pic of cloaked Mewtwo?

And I'd suggest the current Blonde Zelda to be replaced with a Hilda recolor, since OoT Zelda is a natural blonde anyway.
I like the Hilda instead of Blonde Zelda idea. As for cloaked Mewtwo, it's from the anime.

Although, come to think of it, it would be pretty hard to animate the cape.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
The topic is back?! MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

But. I have no idea what to say right now. I'll be back gaize. Give me a minute.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I like the Hilda instead of Blonde Zelda idea. As for cloaked Mewtwo, it's from the anime.

Although, come to think of it, it would be pretty hard to animate the cape.
Looks cool, I was confused because I remembered it as a scarf.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Are official costumes going to be the only things getting in, or can people suggest costumes based off various fan arts on the internet? If the latter is allowed, I'd like to toss up these two fan arts of Zelda and Sheik I found on Deviant Art a while ago.

The artist basically went and swapped Zelda and Sheiks motifs.

Their done by an artist called Know-Name, I would suggest asking the artist for permission, but they deactivated their account, though their art is still viewable for some reason.

Could these become costumes for Project M?
Just gonna re-post this in case it wasn't noticed by someone who's actually in charge of costumes for Project M. Would really love to hear from them if these could get in.

Kati

Smash Lord
He already has it, even in vanilla Brawl
He means an accurate version. Blood Falcon sports skulls all over instead of falcons, as well sharp teeth for the evilness.

I really like brawl's recolour though.

Melee Ganon would be cooooooooool.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
If they decide to make the current form of ganondorf into black shadow they should give him a ganondorf alt costume, that way everyone would be happy

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I did mean a not recolour costume and I also have that costume off the brawl vault already sitting over the blood falcon skin in my game. It just feels like something that should be in Project M as standard, more with C. Falcon in his gear than being Blood Falcon of course.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
He means an accurate version. Blood Falcon sports skulls all over instead of falcons, as well sharp teeth for the evilness.

I really like brawl's recolour though.

Melee Ganon would be cooooooooool.
He has the skulls in Brawl. Not the teeth, but the skulls are all there.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
If they decide to make the current form of ganondorf into black shadow they should give him a ganondorf alt costume, that way everyone would be happy
You must be new here.

That's not how alts work at all, and I doubt they'd do that because the game is trying to be very similar to Melee in terms of gameplay and characters, not it's own game to the level of Smash Bros 4. Smash Bros 4 will probably have a new Ganondorf, Project M will probably not because it's Melee Ganondorf with some Brawlish touches.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You must be new here.

That's not how alts work at all, and I doubt they'd do that because the game is trying to be Melee, not it's own game. Smash Bros 4 will probably have a new Ganondorf, Project M will probably not because it's Melee Ganondorf with some Brawlish touches.
I hardly see how you can call Project M "just Melee".

here is a post from their mission statement:

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I hardly see how you can call Project M "just Melee".

here is a post from their mission statement:

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone.
I apologize, when I said not it's own game I meant it as it's not going as far to being a completely new game. I meant it's trying to be LIKE melee in a lot of ways. I edited my previous post to show that.

Kati

Smash Lord
He has the skulls in Brawl. Not the teeth, but the skulls are all there.
nope
10nopes

That would involve changing the helmet model, which brawl wouldn't do for a recolour. If they didn't change the helmet model, there would be a clear outline of a falcon under the skull. Perhaps you have the authentic vertex version have been using it for so long that you forgot the default, or perhaps you are just refering to the back emblem.

There are clearly falcons on his boots and helmet, and though his scarf obscures it, his belt buckle as well.

Shin F.

Smash Master
nope
10nopes

That would involve changing the helmet model, which brawl wouldn't do for a recolour. If they didn't change the helmet model, there would be a clear outline of a falcon under the skull. Perhaps you have the authentic vertex version have been using it for so long that you forgot the default, or perhaps you are just refering to the back emblem.

There are clearly falcons on his boots and helmet, and though his scarf obscures it, his belt buckle as well.
I think he meant Melee. I'm pretty sure there were some actual model changes in that one.

Kati

Smash Lord
I think he meant Melee. I'm pretty sure there were some actual model changes in that one.
"He has the skulls in Brawl." - Lastoutlaw

No..... I think he did not mean that.

And.... no.... no there were not model changes as quick wiki search demonstrates:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
You must be new here.

That's not how alts work at all, and I doubt they'd do that because the game is trying to be very similar to Melee in terms of gameplay and characters, not it's own game to the level of Smash Bros 4. Smash Bros 4 will probably have a new Ganondorf, Project M will probably not because it's Melee Ganondorf with some Brawlish touches.
You're the new one here. What do you mean that's not how alt's work? I don't know at all how likely it is they wil reskin the current ganondorf as black shadow but people were talking about in in the "Clone Engine Character Speculation and Discussion Thread" so that's why I mentioned it and I like ganondorf as he is (actually I would prefer he kept his brawl upsmash) but I wouldn't mind if they turned him into black shadow as long as he had a ganondorf alt costume

Shin F.

Smash Master
"He has the skulls in Brawl." - Lastoutlaw

No..... I think he did not mean that.

And.... no.... no there were not model changes as quick wiki search demonstrates:

First off, when I said there were model changes 'in that one', I was referring to the game, not the specific costume. And yes, there were some small model changes for some costumes in Melee, as demonstrated by Peach's Daisy costume having her brooch. Neither of us specifically said that Blood Falcon had model changes.

Second, after having looked up his costumes on wiki, Blood Falcon does have skulls on him in both Melee and Brawl - as a texture on his back. Not a model change.
You're the new one here. What do you mean that's not how alt's work? I don't know at all how likely it is they wil reskin the current ganondorf as black shadow but people were talking about in in the "Clone Engine Character Speculation and Discussion Thread" so that's why I mentioned it and I like ganondorf as he is (actually I would prefer he kept his brawl upsmash) but I wouldn't mind if they turned him into black shadow as long as he had a ganondorf alt costume
He wouldn't have a Ganondorf Alt Costume because it's against PMBR's rules. They said they won't make an alt costume unless the costume is still the same character (i.e. Mario and Dr. Mario). So, for example, there can't be a Shadow alt for Sonic, or a Ridley alt for Charizard. Of course, anyone can add a Ganondorf skin in their own custom builds, but it wouldn't be a part of the official release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom