• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
Would you just shut up?
... has anyone ever shut up after being told so via the internet? i never understood why people do that. thats the internets equivalent to pissing on a sleeping tiger ,the guy already moved on from the argument and went back to talking about alts, but you had to bring up old **** to stir up the hornets nest. i just dont get it. dont you people understand theres something fundamentally stupid about arguing on the internet anyways that toon link gif in that guys signature makes me giggle. i shall observe it fervently and then i shall "like" it

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
... has anyone ever shut up after being told so via the internet? i never understood why people do that. thats the internets equivalent to pissing on a sleeping tiger ,the guy already moved on from the argument and went back to talking about alts, but you had to bring up old **** to stir up the hornets nest. i just dont get it. dont you people understand theres something fundamentally stupid about arguing on the internet anyways that toon link gif in that guys signature makes me giggle. i shall observe it fervently and then i shall "like" it
I think that was from PBG`s video

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Or even Classic DK

Aside from DK I also really really want this;

P.S. I have no idea how to spoiler so if somebody could teach me, that'd be great. Super sorry to be a bother.
I want it. I want it so bad. It might even make me a Pit main. Drool...

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I think that was from PBG`s video
You would be correct, I am a HUGE fan of him.

Since I'm a big fan of staying on topic I'll add another idea I got

HOWEVER THAT'S NOT ALL. In this costume, Dedede would throw the Bandana Dee. Sure throwing multiple of them might not make much sense but honestly since when did Smash Bros make sense? Just remove the spear and viola.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Waddle Dee data is contained within the fitmotion file. Unless they can perform some advanced mario hacking skill, I doubt we''ll be seeing Waddle Dee alternates working correctly.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I thought that all of the costumes had the same hitboxes and other properties that the original character had.
Not when there are different costumes, especially vertexed. The two wiis won't recognize the same costume and there could be a desync

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
While the games articles are great my favorite article is David Wong's "5 Things You Think Will Make You Happy (But Won't)". A close second is his article on the Monkeysphere.

...but I don't want this thread to get off topic so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: Turns out what I wrote here was considered spam, so by all means please just ignore it.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
... has anyone ever shut up after being told so via the internet? i never understood why people do that. thats the internets equivalent to pissing on a sleeping tiger ,the guy already moved on from the argument and went back to talking about alts, but you had to bring up old **** to stir up the hornets nest...
Thank you. xD

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Honestly man, I'm down to piss on this inarticulate tiger for funsies. I'll at least fess up and own my hornets nest, and think it well worth it to tell this guy he sucks one more time. :dr^_^:
Dude, really? I can tell just by looking at your avatar that not even Apple would support you.

splat

Smash Lord
I have no clue why you would post a page filled with fan theories (without any explanation as well, what's up with that?) when, as said, Miyamoto himself considers them actors:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/24/miyamoto-tezuka-interview.aspx

Honestly man, I'm down to piss on this inarticulate tiger for funsies. I'll at least fess up and own my hornets nest, and think it well worth it to tell this guy he sucks one more time. :dr^_^:
You'd be better off just ignoring him (click on his name, then 'ignore') - it'd at least keep you out of trouble.

I tried so too - and while it saved me some feelings of annoyance, I'm way too curious to ignore people..

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Please tell me what I meant, as I have no idea what it was myself, being the one who said it. I've observed that most of the people I've talked to, both in this thread and out of it, feel the same way I do about this scenario. Again, thank you for your pedantism and baseless assumptions.

You have a point there, but I'd still rather have the alts be from the same game when possible. That goes for every series, not just Zelda; I wouldn't want Awakening alts for Marth and Roy but a Radiant Dawn alt for Ike. The Mario series ones are an exception because Mario has no viable Paper Mario alts (plus the Doc makes sense), Peach and Luigi don't have alts in the same game, and Bowser doesn't have any from Paper Mario either, so something like Dry Bowser would be acceptable.

You're correct either way though; whatever they pick will look great.

Space Mario from Super Paper Mario say that statement is invalid.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I have no clue why you would post a page filled with fan theories (without any explanation as well, what's up with that?) when, as said, Miyamoto himself considers them actors:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/24/miyamoto-tezuka-interview.aspx

You'd be better off just ignoring him (click on his name, then 'ignore') - it'd at least keep you out of trouble.

I tried so too - and while it saved me some feelings of annoyance, I'm way too curious to ignore people..

This is the best advice I could've received. I won't use the ignore option but i'll try keeping from butting heads. Thanks man.

Gaminguy010

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaminguy010
How about a Princess Hilda costume for Zelda?

Now I now that the rules state that Alt Costumes must be the same character, but I'm willing to argue that they technically are the same character. Their both "Princess Zelda" just from different universes. It's like going to another universe and meeting yourself, it's just your "alternate self" looks slightly different and has a different name.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
How about a Princess Hilda costume for Zelda?

Now I now that the rules state that Alt Costumes must be the same character, but I'm willing to argue that they technically are the same character. Their both "Princess Zelda" just from different universes. It's like going to another universe and meeting yourself, it's just your "alternate self" looks slightly different and has a different name.

They aren't the same person, Hilda is heavily based on her. A more appropriate comparison would be Mario and Talon.

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
Could someone explain if the cBliss and Alt Costume Engine effect each other in anyway? I assume that if u put a cBliss costume on a character thats using the Alt Costume Engine it might mess up the game or cause it to freeze. What about other characters not using the ACE? Please tell me cBliss will still work? I have way too many alternate skins from Brawl Vault for a lot of the characters. If this does effect it,please try to find a way for both of them to coexist. Alot of fans have made their versions of PM special by putting in these Brawl Vault costumes, since we lack the tech knowledge of hacking Brawl ourselves. I have waited this long for PM 3.0 i will still wait for you guys to find a way for the cBliss and ACE to work together. p.s Toooo much hype for that PM 3.0. CAN"T SLEEP!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Could someone explain if the cBliss and Alt Costume Engine effect each other in anyway? I assume that if u put a cBliss costume on a character thats using the Alt Costume Engine it might mess up the game or cause it to freeze. What about other characters not using the ACE? Please tell me cBliss will still work? I have way too many alternate skins from Brawl Vault for a lot of the characters. If this does effect it,please try to find a way for both of them to coexist. Alot of fans have made their versions of PM special by putting in these Brawl Vault costumes, since we lack the tech knowledge of hacking Brawl ourselves. I have waited this long for PM 3.0 i will still wait for you guys to find a way for the cBliss and ACE to work together. p.s Toooo much hype for that PM 3.0. CAN"T SLEEP!
We don`t know why you would want both? From what we have been told, the ACE Engine works just like Cbliss but with team color support.

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
What i mean by both, is that if one of your friends picked a character with ACE and u picked your character with your Custom cBliss costume and the game froze or didnt work. I would want both to coexist on a One on One match or Fatal Four Way Free for All.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What i mean by both, is that if one of your friends picked a character with ACE and u picked your character with your Custom cBliss costume and the game froze or didnt work. I would want it to both coexist on a One on One match or Fatal Four Way Free for All.
I`m fairly sure someone is going to crack the ACE Engine in the first few weeks of release and then Cbliss will be obsolete as you can just add them using the ACE Engine. I also remember reading somewhere that a PMBR Member stated that you can put your own textures over ACE costumes by replacing the files associated to those Alts. in the character folder so what would stop you from putting new ones there? (under 12 of course as that seems to be the max)

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
I`m fairly sure someone is going to crack the ACE Engine in the first few weeks of release and then Cbliss will be obsolete as you can just add them using the ACE Engine. I also remember reading somewhere that a PMBR Member stated that you can put your own textures over ACE costumes by replacing the files associated to those Alts. in the character folder so what would stop you from putting new ones there? (under 12 of course as that seems to be the max)
Thanks that feels a bit more reassuring!

cmart

Smash Lord
cBliss is a mod package that enables every character to have the maximum number of costum slots, and provides costumes and gui data for those slots so that the game doesn't crash. ACE is a similar system developed in parallel that has the capability to do the same thing. Since they are two different systems that accomplish a similar goal, you cannot mix and match them. As Project M is not intended to be a DiY kit, but rather a stand-alone game, we have not enabled any costume slots we have not used. If you wish to expand your costume slots to the maximum, you must use cbliss and then come up with workarounds for all the things cBliss doesn't account for about Project M - like team color changes, team color support, and the coding that allows different costumes to have different in-game aesthetics (like Doc's Pill or Shadow Peach's darkness effects).

In short, since cBliss is not a part of Project M, it's the end-user's responsibility to make it work with our game. If the cBliss team decides to make a Project M 3.0 compatible release, that will be entirely up to them.

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
cBliss is a mod package that enables every character to have the maximum number of costum slots, and provides costumes and gui data for those slots so that the game doesn't crash. ACE is a similar system developed in parallel that has the capability to do the same thing. Since they are two different systems that accomplish a similar goal, you cannot mix and match them. As Project M is not intended to be a DiY kit, but rather a stand-alone game, we have not enabled any costume slots we have not used. If you wish to expand your costume slots to the maximum, you must use cbliss and then come up with workarounds for all the things cBliss doesn't account for about Project M - like team color changes, team color support, and the coding that allows different costumes to have different in-game aesthetics (like Doc's Pill or Shadow Peach's darkness effects).

In short, since cBliss is not a part of Project M, it's the end-user's responsibility to make it work with our game. If the cBliss team decides to make a Project M 3.0 compatible release, that will be entirely up to them.
Thank u for your explanation. Very much appreciated!

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

Dang. :( Will project m have all their alt costumes loaded on the vault so that we can use them?

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Not when there are different costumes, especially vertexed. The two wiis won't recognize the same costume and there could be a desync
Meh. I don't play Wifi anyway.

Hm. So we'll have to figure it out ourselves eh? Fine. We'll figure it out... Eventually... Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom