• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
if we can't have scourge the hedgehog over sonic then we shouldn't have Lucina over marth
Well they said that characters can have alts. inspired by the clothing of other characters from the same series so sonic with scourge`s jacket and glasses would work.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

How bout we just go with Marth's design from Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Lucina and call it a day.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Well they said that characters can have alts. inspired by the clothing of other characters from the same series so sonic with scourge`s jacket and glasses would work.
Wouldn't that just be Anti-Sonic?

Gaminguy010

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaminguy010
Now that I think of it Twilight Princess Zelda already has a striking similarity too Hilda. I think a palette swap would be perfect!

cmart

Smash Lord
Really guys? We can't use the extra slots unless you say we can? -_-

It's more a matter of our high standard for quality - we don't want to just fill up all the slots with any old texture. And if we don't put something in the slot the game will crash when you try to access it. Therefore, we only enable slots when we have something to put in them - and our art team HAS been working at a feverish pace to complete as many high quality new models as they can.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It's more a matter of our high standard for quality - we don't want to just fill up all the slots with any old texture. And if we don't put something in the slot the game will crash when you try to access it. Therefore, we only enable slots when we have something to put in them - and our art team HAS been working at a feverish pace to complete as many high quality new models as they can.
Is there going to be a way for us to fill up extra slots on our own at some point? 'cause I was looking forward to having a whole new set of colors for characters who just don't have enough for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is there going to be a way for us to fill up extra slots on our own at some point? 'cause I was looking forward to having a whole new set of colors for characters who just don't have enough for me.
Since we're so close to release I'm just going to bring up Yoshi and Sonic one more time. B/W Yoshi and Silver/Espio/Super Sonic are pretty necessary imo. Definitely a fantastic use of extra colors.

(Although the different colored egg shells might be a problem? Man I hope it's not TOO much of one, because man that's awesome.)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Since we're so close to release I'm just going to bring up Yoshi and Sonic one more time. B/W Yoshi and Silver/Espio/Super Sonic are pretty necessary imo. Definitely a fantastic use of extra colors.

(Although the different colored egg shells might be a problem? Man I hope it's not TOO much of one, because man that's awesome.)
You forgot Kirby!

Personally I was talking about Toon Link though. That kid has a lot of costumes I like!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You forgot Kirby!

Personally I was talking about Toon Link though. That kid has a lot of costumes I like!
Oh! Right! Kirby!

Although I can't even think of the right extra colors to give him, but he definitely needs those opposed to an alt.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh! Right! Kirby!

Although I can't even think of the right extra colors to give him, but he definitely needs those opposed to an alt.
Black and purple at the very least. Possibly orange, and maybe some different shades of green and blue?

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
if we can't have scourge the hedgehog over sonic then we shouldn't have Lucina over marth
I really don't see a point in not having a scourge sonic. Or at least a scrouge green sonic. I mean Scrouge is Sonic, just from a different dimension... like shadow peach to peach.
I never said lucinia over marth. I said marth with lucinia's clothes and mask. It would be a great reference, heck using that dark blue that was replaced with purple and putting the mask on it would be good enough.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I really don't see a point in not having a scourge sonic. Or at least a scrouge green sonic. I mean Scrouge is Sonic...
I never said lucinia over marth. I said marth with lucinia's clothes and mask. It would be a great reference.
Then why can`t we just have Sonic with Scourge`s cloths and glasses as a alt. and a Green team scourge recolor? best of both worlds.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Then why can`t we just have Sonic with Scourge`s cloths and glasses as a alt. and a Green team scourge recolor? best of both worlds.
I'm for Scrouge being in the game somehow. Even if the glasses and clothes can't be in it, Scrouge's fur could be. I'm for Sonic having his different fur clothes the same as his rivals. (Shadow, Silver, and Knuckles) without actually changing anything else.

Marth and Lucina's designs are basically the same anyways. In Awakening at least.
Heck, make marth have his awakening outfit and a mask and boom. :D

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm for Scrouge being in the game somehow. Even if the glasses and clothes can't be in it, Scrouge's fur could be. I'm for Sonic having his different fur clothes the same as his rivals. (Shadow, Silver, and Knuckles) without actually changing anything else.

Heck, make marth have his awakening outfit and a mask and boom. :D

I'm confused now, is it Scourge or Scrouge? I feel like it's Scourge but I can't be sure.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It's Scrooge. What I don't get is why people want Sonic of all characters to wear his jacket and glasses. Falco would be a much better fit, no?

King Bee

Smash Cadet
At least that was an in-house Nintendo production. Adding an original character from a licensed comic book is really stretching the whole "professional" vibe. It's more akin to adding Captain N.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
At least that was an in-house Nintendo production. Adding an original character from a licensed comic book is really stretching the whole "professional" vibe. It's more akin to adding Captain N.
I feel that as long as the character is connected to SEGA and Sonic in one way or another and not Scourge over Sonic bcuz alternate dimention bull****, the it`s ok.

King Bee

Smash Cadet
Actually, now that I think about what I just said, I would be totally fine with Sonic getting a Scourge costume if it meant Captain Falcon could get an "N" letterman jacket.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Honestly, I wish project m made sonic's recolors (not alt costumes, the recolors they included in game) of sonic like this:

It would make a lot of people happy, I think they are more fitting, and personally, I prefer them to the P:M recolors. (Though, the P:M recolors are infinitely better than vbrawls recolors.)

There's not much more they could do to improve these recolors,
Really, the shoes are good as is, but there is room for improvement, like black and green shoes on scrouge. There are plenty of imports and other hacks of of the actual character that the shoes could be taken from (perfect shadow) to make the shoes a little better.
In addition, they could have arm bands that represented the character better (gold ring on shadow and silver, and a green band on knuckles) that could also be taken from characters.
Finally, sonic could have the back of his quills highlighted red (but it's good as is).

These are NOT suggestions for sonic alts. It is merely a suggestion of better recolors for sonic (to ovetake the previous recolors)
Diddy wears Dixie's outfit, and Peach wears Daisys, and Luigi wears Waluigi's, and Captain Falcon wears Blood Falcon. I believe these recolors follow the rules, and falls within the guidelines. It would be a nice reference, and the very verbal sonic fanbase would be happy.
^_^

Scourge, or however you spell his McDucking name, is from an official comic book that are based on the games.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Seriously I can't get over how good these look. Even though they aren't using the Brawl render. Amy, Espio, Rouge, and Blaze are good ideas, too. I personally like Bark, Bean, and Fang but the likelihood of Sonic actually getting an alt based on any of them is too low to even humor the idea.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Seriously I can't get over how good these look. Even though they aren't using the Brawl render. Amy, Espio, Rouge, and Blaze are good ideas, too. I personally like Bark, Bean, and Fang but the likelihood of Sonic actually getting an alt based on any of them is too low to even humor the idea.
I'm not asking for ALTs, I'm asking for replacements of the recolors already in place.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Space Jam remixes are the best.
WAIT
INSPIRATION
Every character needs a Barkley alt. This could make or break PM's success as a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom