• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Also for all three, a subtle pink gradient towards the ends/joints of exposed limbs.
I saw a similar response posted on the subreddit, and I completely agree.

I also have to wonder, why are the outfits for the Light/Fusion ZSs so skin tight, and why are they part of the same texture as the skin like the default costume?

While tight fitting, it can be seen that there is some slack in the collar and front of the shorts, not to mention the material is not the same as the latex looking full-body jumpsuit for Brawl ZSS (which is how it currently looks from the in-game screenshots).

Some vertex editing (or an outright updated model) to separate the clothing from the skin a bit would be nice, hopefully adding some depth from the base model.

The shirt looks baggier than represented in the P:M model, there is detailing missing at the collar, and the shape of bottom of the shirt is not meant to be circular - it appears that the costume was based on the outfit of a younger Samus, not when she becomes older and the design slightly changes. Also, the boots look nothing like they do in the official art.

The texture quality on the suit itself looks quite poor as well, unfortunately.

Disregarding even the hair issue, which Nano is currently working on, I feel these outfits don't match the quality of the other P:M alternate costumes. Some of my points may be nitpick-y, but compared to the level of detail and dedication seen in the design of prior models... I guess we've been a bit spoiled and I was expecting something much greater.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Also, this:
Even though I'm on a horrible sleep schedule and would be up anyways, ignoring the PMDT's advice of sleeping tonight has been paying off.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
cyan G&W makes my eyes bleed

And I'm gonna have to agree with the people not pleased with the ZSS alts... I mean, I don't play the character so I don't really care either way, but I've seen better costumes for her on BV. SJS' updated model comes to mind, people have made some really good textures for that model.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the person who said the ZSS alts feel weak. The hairline is messed up on some of them. Not to mention I don't even know what they did to Justin Bailey's hair.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm Ganondorf's taunt needs stronger visual effects, I'm thinking a shockwave on impact and dark purple trail.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
How can you be sure it's a taunt now? Could be a new side smash, for all we know.
The tweet and posts by PMDT members within the subreddit thread both state it is a taunt, and Ganon's side smash has been altered using his Warlock Punch (former neutral special) animation.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
ZSS's alts look.......terrible. I am disappoint.

And no Roy alt. I'm a sad Smasher :'(
We're getting one eventually. Someone asked when we'd see a Roy alt on Reddit for one of the Art Tuesdays, and Nano said we'd get it when it's finished. This implies they're working on one, even if it's not ready until 4.0.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
TODAY IS THE DAY PEOPLE.
I can't wait! Hopefully we can find some unannounced costumes and easter eggs in the new build...

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I saw a similar response posted on the subreddit, and I completely agree.

I also have to wonder, why are the outfits for the Light/Fusion ZSs so skin tight, and why are they part of the same texture as the skin like the default costume?

While tight fitting, it can be seen that there is some slack in the collar and front of the shorts, not to mention the material is not the same as the latex looking full-body jumpsuit for Brawl ZSS (which is how it currently looks from the in-game screenshots).

Some vertex editing (or an outright updated model) to separate the clothing from the skin a bit would be nice, hopefully adding some depth from the base model.

The shirt looks baggier than represented in the P:M model, there is detailing missing at the collar, and the shape of bottom of the shirt is not meant to be circular - it appears that the costume was based on the outfit of a younger Samus, not when she becomes older and the design slightly changes. Also, the boots look nothing like they do in the official art.

The texture quality on the suit itself looks quite poor as well, unfortunately.

Disregarding even the hair issue, which Nano is currently working on, I feel these outfits don't match the quality of the other P:M alternate costumes. Some of my points may be nitpick-y, but compared to the level of detail and dedication seen in the design of prior models... I guess we've been a bit spoiled and I was expecting something much greater.
I agree with all you said.

The ZSS alts were rushed. We were having lots of difficulty just getting the hair to work in-game. Brawl's engine doesnt work well with semi-transparent objects. We couldnt wait for after 3.5 to release them, since Samus must have a corresponding ZSS alt to work.

I'm not sure if we will be able to make actual clothing for her. ZSS's filesize limit is already finicky... and adding more polys probably won't work out too well. I can try it though.

We will improve them for 4.0, or whatever comes after 3.5. Thanks for the real feedback! It helps a lot more than just saying "Its terrible"

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
ZS Samus training clothes.

Oooo, the symbol on her shirt is the Chozo artifact collection from Metroid Prime! :D Nice touch. I'll be using this costume I think. I do hope the hair looks a little better come time for release, though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks for taking the criticism so well. I love the representation as it is and am definitely looking forward to any future optimizations for these alts.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I hope Solid Snake from MGS1 is an alt in a later version. If I play Snake I want him to be clean shaven!

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Also, this:
Even though I'm on a horrible sleep schedule and would be up anyways, ignoring the PMDT's advice of sleeping tonight has been paying off.
so is this pretty much warlock punch disguised as a taunt? Seems really powerful.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
"Time for release" is in a few hours, I think any aesthetics are gold by now. It'll likely be fixed by 3.5.1 or something.
That is true. I just threw that out there since Friesnchip said Nano was working on it, so I wasn't sure. It'll be great either way, no matter what!

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'll try to make the hair edits today if I get time before release. If not, it'll have to wait for the next release.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not getting too worked up about ZSS' hair. She's got like the smallest head in the game and it seems the only way the bad part is noticeable is if you zoom in on her. And I think the green hair looks amazing too, got that Ellen Ripley thing going on. If tweaking the hair last minute causes the release to be delayed even shortly, by all means I could just wait for it to be fixed in another patch. But still, props to nanobuds for listening to the majority.

Yes, it opens when standing on it for a few seconds.
RIP Ness and Lucas? Eh, probably not, I guess you have to be stupid to stand on it too long or fall in, I'll just have to wait and see.

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm just really excited about everything in general!
Like I wish there was an outfit for Ivysaur but I'll take a nice sleek black on for the time being.

I'm curious since Ganon has changed neutrals if Kirby will as well though.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Can not wait for release!!!! Also little late but Ganon's Taunt smash is bada** and Ivy, Charizard, and Squirtle getting their own Final Smashes is AMAZING!!!

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I had a dream last night where there was a Commander Lucas recolor that was Dark Blue, but Lucas's face was Squirtle's.

I **** you not.

It was the weirdest thing.
Yo, minus the squirtle head, I actually made this alt and was hoping someone in the PMDT would make an official one. If not, I can release it to Brawl Vault, should you really want it.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
IIRC, 3.0 launched at like, 11:59pm December 9th lol (exaggeration). I'm expecting it to be released late tonight.
Looks like I will only play it tomorrow, the hype is going away... all my friends are here waiting for the release and everybody will be disapointed...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm just really excited about everything in general!
Like I wish there was an outfit for Ivysaur but I'll take a nice sleek black on for the time being.

I'm curious since Ganon has changed neutrals if Kirby will as well though.
Personally... Unless the outfit was super duper awesome, I'd still use Ivysaur's iceblue palette swap... When I installed CBliss, and maxed out Ivysaur's palette swap count, I STILL used the iceblue one! I'm curious about Kirby as well... Especially since he don't have no cape. I'd still be fine with him using the Warlock Punch or another one of Ganondorf's other specials.

And Cyan was my favourite Game & Watch colour, mnyah!

Project M?
Thanks for respecting the fact that most of us have homework that we should prioritize over fun by not releasing 3.5 yet, haha! At least there are still eight hours left in the day. While we wait, let's look for the 47 in this photo! http://projectmgame.com/assets/images/bg-galaxy.png

I'm disappointed that nobody in this thread referenced the "DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY: 24 Hours Remain" line in reference to the release today.

I'm also surprised that nobody on the Project M team has released the Ike Climbers costume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom