• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
According to the Project M Twitter, there are 58 new colors/costumes in 3.5

HOWEVER

I counted the new costumes because of hype reasons, and there are definitely more than 58. There are 58 not including OoT Zelda and OoT Sheik (which both may have recolors as well, since all other Melee alts have at least red/blue/green costumes in order to be used for red/blue/green team colors). So there are at least 60, potentially more than that. Also not included in the 58 that I counted is Pink Gold Peach, which may or may not actually exist since it's hard to tell from the 3.5 trailer.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
According to the Project M Twitter, there are 58 new colors/costumes in 3.5

HOWEVER

I counted the new costumes because of hype reasons, and there are definitely more than 58. There are 58 not including OoT Zelda and OoT Sheik (which both may have recolors as well, since all other Melee alts have at least red/blue/green colors). So there are at least 60, potentially more than that. Also not included in the 58 that I counted is Pink Gold Peach, which may or may not actually exist since it's hard to tell from the 3.5 trailer.
Woa, this is intense.

Kinda feel bad saying this, but those ZSS costumes are a bit wack. It looks like there was an attempt to do a straight adaptation of Samus' haircut from the Metroid Fusion ending screens and it just doesn't really feel like it translates well to 3D at all. And it may just be unflattering lighting/angles, but the texture work seems quite a bit muddier than some of the other alts within that same imgur album, especially next to the incredible work Nano did for Samus's suits.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Kinda feel bad saying this, but those ZSS costumes are a bit wack. It looks like there was an attempt to do a straight adaptation of Samus' haircut from the Metroid Fusion ending screens and it just doesn't really feel like it translates well to 3D at all. And it may just be unflattering lighting/angles, but the texture work seems quite a bit muddier than some of the other alts within that same imgur album, especially next to the incredible work Nano did for Samus's suits.
I agree. The hairline just looks too out of place.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I also agree. It's particularly jarring with Fusion ZSS.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm back to from the dead to say... That I disagree a little bit. I like all their 3D work with the hair a lot... But, and even while watching the trailer, I agree with what you said with the textures. Her skin's too pale, in the trailer she looked like a white blur. You can barely see where her clothes meet skin in one of the screenshots.

But maybe my mind'll change when it's officially out. Hopefully.

Plus Fusion Zero Suit Samus has no belly button. That doesn't make anatomical sense.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Yeeeeaaahh, agree. The hairline looks like it's under the hair itself? But I still like them overall.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Can we at least have a timeframe on the update's release? I want it ASAP!

Also, Ness' fire doesn't persist on shield anymore. ;-; Well, there goes part of my game.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
yo can we have a discussion about CSPs?

i love the renders for each character that they've done so far, especially the illustrated ones, but they look kinda out of place/different from each other... like this photo is a perfect example.

the Charizard drawing is stunning, but next to the Ike w/ different lighting and the recolored Brawl Kirby portrait it just looks weird...

i've always liked the SJS portraits for keeping it simple and also looking nice... i feel like the PMDT should just drop all the Brawl portraits and make their own for every costume, or just use SJS portraits at the very least lol. the Brawl art is from 2007 y'know it's a little dated. usually i'd replace the others with SJS but he's dropped off the face of the planet

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
yo can we have a discussion about CSPs?

i love the renders for each character that they've done so far, especially the illustrated ones, but they look kinda out of place/different from each other... like this photo is a perfect example.

the Charizard drawing is stunning, but next to the Ike w/ different lighting and the recolored Brawl Kirby portrait it just looks weird...

i've always liked the SJS portraits for keeping it simple and also looking nice... i feel like the PMDT should just drop all the Brawl portraits and make their own for every costume, or just use SJS portraits at the very least lol. the Brawl art is from 2007 y'know it's a little dated. usually i'd replace the others with SJS but he's dropped off the face of the planet

I'd honestly love painted portraits for everyone instead of SJS but I'd also rather have SJS than nasty Brawl portraits.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I'd honestly love painted portraits for everyone instead of SJS but I'd also rather have SJS than nasty Brawl portraits.
I'd rather get rid of as much Brawl as we can. No offense vBrawl, but I'm done with you.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just don't like vBrawl's portraits in general. They're very... lifeless. Always felt that since the game came out. SJS seems to follow the Melee concept of giving every character some sort of action pose rather than just staring at the viewer and it really gives some character to them.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hairline is gonna go. Hearing this as the popular opinion, I'll change it.

These suits had lots of trouble getting the hair to work well in-game due to how Brawl handles transparency. It still isn't perfect, but we tried our best. We will work more on the hair model and possible update it for whatever patch is after 3.5.

As for the bellybutton... its there, but jut the image shows her on bright stages, so it cant be seen. Since these are low-poly models, I couldn't model it, and could only texture it on.

But I promise I didn't forget it :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hair is tough as ****, I definitely get that. It's a miracle Roy's hair looks as good as it does.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Glad to see feedback directly paying off. You rock @ Nanobuds Nanobuds .

does that mean if enough people rally, we can get a Gameboy Green colored G&W too?

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hair is tough as ****, I definitely get that. It's a miracle Roy's hair looks as good as it does.
Magic of Pik.

Glad to see feedback directly paying off. You rock @ Nanobuds Nanobuds .

does that mean if enough people rally, we can get a Gameboy Green colored G&W too?
Thats why we did Art Tuesdays. To get feedback from the public.

G&W still has one extra slot we're saving for after 3.5, so maybe ;)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hairline is gonna go. Hearing this as the popular opinion, I'll change it.

These suits had lots of trouble getting the hair to work well in-game due to how Brawl handles transparency. It still isn't perfect, but we tried our best. We will work more on the hair model and possible update it for whatever patch is after 3.5.

As for the bellybutton... its there, but jut the image shows her on bright stages, so it cant be seen. Since these are low-poly models, I couldn't model it, and could only texture it on.

But I promise I didn't forget it :p
Just in case we prefer the hairline (because we haven't really seen any alternative to compare it to yet, I think our judgement is currently poor, might just be me) would you be willing to release it on the vault just in case we don't like lack-of-hairline, like you did with the Power Suit? From what I've seen, I like it, it's a bit more natural and makes the forehead smaller.... But that might just be me.

What would you guys think about making G&W's outline for his white costume lighter than the main color rather than darker?
I'm sorry... I'm not fond...

I'm sorry, Shin F.... I'M SORRY, I STILL LOVE YOU!!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
well he said that theres more NON art that hasnt been revealed.. so i duno if that means that there will be more art also.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Man those CSPs are awesome.... Project M needs them (or any brand new CSP) in an official update, becuase the current one (unchanged from Brawl) reminds me how terrible Brawl is......

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Man those CSPs are awesome.... Project M needs them (or any brand new CSP) in an official update, becuase the current one (unchanged from Brawl) reminds me how terrible Brawl is......
I really like the Brawl CSP's though... It makes it easy to navigate the menu and gives us that feel of Brawlism without degrading from the feel of Project Mism.

Though I wonder if @AlGeorgeRomo would ever make custom CSP's for Project M featuring the Brawl and Project M styled Characters? His CSP work is my personal favourite!

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there's a new character, that comes with a costume. I can't reveal my sources.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
My source is me, I'm wishing it into existence.

Anyway, white ZSS on Dreamland just looks like a successful L-cancel all the time. I think slightly tanner skin would help a lot. Also for all three, a subtle pink gradient towards the ends/joints of exposed limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom