• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nah man, nah. Pichu's as good as confirmed and here's my evidence:
Could it be Pichu? I sincerely hope so, but for all we know, Nanobuds is trying to trick us. I must trust no one...
Nah, seriously though, if it is Pichu, will it be Pichu, Pichu Bros.? Either's fine, but I can't help but wonder, that is, if he's even going to be revealed. So many questions... But all shall be answered tomorrow.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm quite sure they said in the PM reddit that 3.5 won't see any new characters, but who knows...

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Hoping for a PM set of Characher select Portraits, Icons and Battle portraits.
I know it's deemed unnecessary, but I really want that. I also hope for all new models ditching the Brawl art style one day. I know Smash 3 is a thing, but I want something official.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What if they're revealing the new announcer for Project M? I mean, it's virtually unavoidable if they're going to add character not in Brawl. I know one YouTube video had announcer clips, but I highly doubt they're going to make CE characters only with announcer clips from that video. I doubt that video even influences their decision. Fingers are still crossed for Pichu/Pichu Bros., but revealing the new announcer would be pretty sweet! I wonder who's gonna do the voicing...

Narpas_sword

they used the same announcer with mewtwo and roy.

from what ive heard (needs citation) they took sounds from other announcer bits and smooshed them into new words.

"gRab the cOIns" = Roy

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
What if they're revealing the new announcer for Project M? I mean, it's virtually unavoidable if they're going to add character not in Brawl. I know one YouTube video had announcer clips, but I highly doubt they're going to make CE characters only with announcer clips from that video. I doubt that video even influences their decision. Fingers are still crossed for Pichu/Pichu Bros., but revealing the new announcer would be pretty sweet! I wonder who's gonna do the voicing...
Watch a totally unexpected Prog option for the announcer. Or a modded Melee announcer, who really had a top brass voice

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
they used the same announcer with mewtwo and roy.

from what ive heard (needs citation) they took sounds from other announcer bits and smooshed them into new words.

"gRab the cOIns" = Roy
I'm fairly certain that they got the clips from this YouTube video and sped them up some, but what you said is also totally possible. I would've thought that you would hear the difference in the announcer's tone of voice if they were combined, but the PMDT has their ways:p. I haven't listened to the voice clips in the video for awhile, and I'm not in a position to listen to them now, so I apologize if I'm way off or something:p. Here's the video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain that they got the clips from this YouTube video and sped them up some, but what you said is also totally possible. I would've thought that you would hear the difference in the announcer's tone of voice if they were combined, but the PMDT has their ways:p. I haven't listened to the voice clips in the video for awhile, and I'm not in a position to listen to them now, so I apologize if I'm way off or something:p. Here's the video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo
No, he's right. They're spliced from other sounds. You can hear the difference more easily if you listen to them in BrawlBox, without the echo that it has in-game, and it's clear that they're spliced. If you want to hear them yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f737m0r9j7tkj8p/AAD2PHX6zERm3k_jwMbt9ddLa?dl=0

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Greatest. Freaking. Thing. Ever. Especially the wand. That was a nice touch.
Daw, you're makin' me blush! Thanks! I even made his teefs pointy!

No, seriously, the reason I won't release it is... Well, for some reason all the attacks are 45° off, most obvious with the sword charge-up attack, making him not fun to play as. I have no clue as to why. If you want it bad enough, shoot me a private message. You can do that at the Smashboards, right? The only reason I signed up for this site is for this specific forum-page.

Do it especially if you can fix it!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. SAVE THIS POOR MAN'S DREAM.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm in the midst of watching a Mother 3 playthrough with my friends, and now, I'm thinking Lucas should have the Good Kid's Shirt as an alt color.
I don't have a picture of it, because it's really hard to find the sprites of it on Google, but I saw it ingame, and it's basically a black shirt with a skull on it.
Some people say it might look a bit like Ness's black costume, but I don't think it would, Lucas doesn't have a hat. And the shorts could always be kept blue, or changed to a different color completely.

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
A really big update huh? I can guess any of the following...

1. A release date. Although unlikely.
2. Roy recolour. But would that be big enough?
3. Some new aesthetic change either to menus, CSPs, or announcer.
4. Finding out that new Ganon animation!
5. Black Knight as a character. Very unlikey. But a man can dream right?

I'm hyped for tomorrow though! Hopefully it's awesome!

6. Game&Watch recolours

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
A really big update huh? I can guess any of the following...

1. A release date. Although unlikely.
2. Roy recolour. But would that be big enough?
3. Some new aesthetic change either to menus, CSPs, or announcer.
4. Finding out that new Ganon animation!
5. Black Knight as a character. Very unlikey. But a man can dream right?

I'm hyped for tomorrow though! Hopefully it's awesome!

6. Game&Watch recolours
My guess? Another trailer, stage, or multiple costumes for multiple characters.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I sorta hope it's a new stage, but if the Ganon animation gets announced, maybe there'll be other new moves introduced.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Alright F5 finger.
You've had a weeks rest.
I've been good to you.
You have one good nights sleep left. Then i need you at your finest.

For tomorrow, you must shine.
You only have ONE finger handling the F5?!
That's abuse! I use four - at the LEAST!!

Also - "༼つ◕_◕༽つ-give-big-art-༼つ◕_◕༽つ"
Best one yet - and THAT'S saying a lot!

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would just write a script to refresh the page for me so I can enjoy the comforts of having functional fingers post Art Tuesday (need to be able save my buttons mashing abilities to actually play P:M, ya know?).

Shin F.

Smash Master
Personally, I would just write a script to refresh the page for me so I can enjoy the comforts of having functional fingers post Art Tuesday (need to be able save my buttons mashing abilities to actually play P:M, ya know?).
Should I share it?

I should share it. I found this a long time ago and saved it as a bookmark so I could do just this.
Code:
javascript:(function(p){open('','',p).document.write('%3Cbody%20id=1%3E%3Cnobr%20id=2%3E%3C/nobr%3E%3Chr%3E%3Cnobr%20id=3%3E%3C/nobr%3E%3Chr%3E%3Ca%20href=%22#%22onclick=%22return!(c=t)%22%3EForce%3C/a%3E%3Cscript%3Efunction%20i(n){return%20d.getElementById(n)}function%20z(){c+=0.2;if(c%3E=t){c=0;e.location=u;r++}x()}function%20x(){s=t-Math.floor(c);m=Math.floor(s/60);s-=m*60;i(1).style.backgroundColor=(r==0||c/t%3E2/3?%22fcc%22:c/t%3C1/3?%22cfc%22:%22ffc%22);i(2).innerHTML=%22Reloads:%20%22+r;i(3).innerHTML=%22Time:%20%22+m+%22:%22+(s%3C10?%220%22+s:s)}c=r=0;d=document;e=opener.top;u=prompt(%22URL%22,e.location.href);t=u?prompt(%22Seconds%22,60):0;setInterval(%22z()%22,200);if(!t){window.close()}%3C/script%3E%3C/body%3E')})('status=0,scrollbars=0,width=100,height=115,left=1,top=1')
Just copy / paste into a url and you can set how often you want the refresh to happen and everything. Not sure where I found it, but I'll be sure to mention if I find it again.

Edit: It put a sad face instead of : ( , lol. Had to put it in a code box. It kind of goes off the edge, make sure you copy it all if you use it.

Edit 2: Nvm, I'll just put it on pastebin to make sure it's all there right. Is there any way to keep text from making emoticons here? http://pastebin.com/y27r72dP

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
ROY!?

WHEN!?

yep, keep predicting every week, we're bound to get a Roy costume one day

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
If it's a new menu I'll ****.

I'mma design student so good UI turns me the **** on. And lemme tell ya, having to to go so many screens away to change control, having to delete names at tournaments (often) and having the first character on the top left be Wario, I think it needs a better change

I mean the CSS was trying to mimic Melee, but with the number of characters there are, it's not very intuitive.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
See that pumpkin over the project m logo..... enjoy
That's from Tock over at an art waiting thread on Reddit, what do you guys think it means?

(For context, over at the PM subreddit the M was replaced with a jack-o-lantern.)

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012

It means it's October...?
Of course, but I mean, it must be related to something spoopy, I just wanted to hear some ideas from some of you guys to tide us over untill the art is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom