• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Edit: And here's another interesting point. Originally we knew that Turbo Mode was an option available in Special Brawl, but in this video we see Turbo Mario fighting against Master Hand, who obviously isn't part of Vs. Mode.
I... You... Huh. Good catch!

Maybe it's an event match? PMBR is able to make Turbo event matches.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If I had to make a Lucario alt. costume suggestion, it would be Sir Aaron's outfit from that Pokemon movie. That's really all I can think of that would fit.

[collapse=Sir Aaron Outfit]
[/collapse]
This is actually really fitting for Marth now that I look at it.. Someone make it happen.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I think we'd best keep our jimmies relatively unrustled guys. The PMBR still needs to keep these costumes on Ninty's good side, so any alt unmentioned in Brawl seems like a long shot. I think there's still plenty to work with, but stuff like Awakening Marth and the like seem out of bounds. That's not to say this engine won't be damn cool on every level. ;)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think we'd best keep our jimmies relatively unrustled guys. The PMBR still needs to keep these costumes on Ninty's good side, so any alt unmentioned in Brawl seems like a long shot. I think there's still plenty to work with, but stuff like Awakening Marth and the like seem out of bounds. That's not to say this engine won't be damn cool on every level. ;)
sorry, your a little late. My jimmies are long passed just rustled

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
[Also, I think that the giant Bowser fight was in 1P mode, as evidenced by the zoom in at the end. Even if not, the Master Hand fight confirms that 1P modes are being worked on.]

Edit: And here's another interesting point. Originally we knew that Turbo Mode was an option available in Special Brawl, but in this video we see Turbo Mario fighting against Master Hand, who obviously isn't part of Vs. Mode.
I... You... Huh. Good catch!

Maybe it's an event match? PMBR is able to make Turbo event matches.
Maybe they brought back the character select glitch where you can play as Master Hand in VS Mode =P
But seriously, wow this is a lot of information to take in! I dunno how I'm going to sleep now.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
For the record, we came up with alt costumes... around a year ago, before cBliss even existed. It just so happened that ASF1nk independently developed his own alt costume system (using a similar method that we do) some months after we did. As far as I know, however, cBliss doesn't allow using those costumes for Team Battles, which we've set up on Mario's Doctor Mario costumes.
So THAT'S what you meant when you said you guys could already do it, but much better.

I should've known. Mystical wizards, the lot of you. ¦D

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
So how many suits does Samus have?
Off the top of my head...

Power, Varia, Gravity, Prime Gravity, Phazon, Dark, Light, PED (Phazon Corruption at 0%, 0% with Hazard Shield, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 75% with Hazard Shield, 100% and 100% with Hazard Shield), silver, green, and blue recolors from Echoes multiplayer, Fusion, Fusion Varia, Fusion Gravity... I'm probably forgetting a few more.

tl;dr - A lot.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Okay, Alt Costume Engine is another dream came true.
So Alternate Costumes i would love to see in Project M are:
  • Melee Ganondorf (please)
  • Melee Link (Please, again)
  • Melee Zelda
  • Young Link (i dont know about this because Toon Link's big head and anormal proportions)
  • Dark Samus or Fusion Suit Samus
  • Ninten
  • Dixie Kong?
and so on....

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
So THAT'S what you meant when you said you guys could already do it, but much better.

I should've known. Mystical wizards, the lot of you. ¦D
Hey, watch who you're calling a "mystical wizard" lol.
So what was that in the Clone Engine thread about Tails and Knuckles having a lot of similar animations....? Or, how Shadow is basically a clone of Sonic? Hells yes I would like a Shadow costume, and the current Red Sonic looks more like a California Raisin than a good fiery shade of red.

EDIT: Got pre-empted a bit for taking my time. Ah well, I stand by the raisin comment.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We'll try to cram as many alts as we can for 3.0, but they have to be of good quality. There's no guarantee that every character will get alts, nor is there any guarantee that a character that doesn't have an alt in 3.0 will not have one eventually. What I'm saying is: "Everything is possible".

For Dr. Mario:

- The alts are a separate set of costumes working like Wario's.
- It allows for say... one Mario and one Dr. Mario on one team for instances.
- They play exactly the same, however, Dr. Mario has aesthetic-only differences such as lightning F-smash and the pill.
- Costumes will not confer any advantages or any disadvantages.
- Costumes will not drastically change a character's body type. We have to respect hitboxes and hurtboxes.
- Costumes will be professionally-implemented: No Hatsune Miku on Zero-Suit Samus. Dr. Mario is basically Mario in another costume, hence alt costumes.

the rest, I will let someone else answer that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Before the backlash settles in, I have another suggestion. It's a Sonic character that doesn't appear in games nowadays but still is very much recognized and well loved. Plus, he was one of the designs that almost became our speedy MC.

Instead of Shadow, or even Metal Sonic

Why not Mighty?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If not Young Link, I expect Toonie to come with a set of Outset pajama skins. In that silhouette, he appears not to have a hat, which would make sense for Outset stuff.

To which I say YES.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who wants to just see characters in their alternate outfits?

Fusion Suit Samus, Dry-Bones Bowser etc

Not Goku over Lucario or something.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
True Form Midna alt for zelda would be cool. The graphics for dins fire, nayrus love, and farore's wind can be changed to the twilight princess portal graphics that midna used. That would look so epic to teleport uing those green/red and black portal graphics. They can probably import that actual graphic from the game like they did other new models.

I don't use peach but I want the melee peach model back. also replace peach's umbrella with Perry the Parasoul as an alternate

Krystal alt costume for fox, or even better krystal as one of the clone engine characters. demise alt for ganondorf and his final smash turns into "the imprisoned" monster thing. Skyward sword zelda and link alts would be cool.

alt suits for samus would be cool if the actual suit that you choose can change the graphic/sound effect of the missles.

possible chikorita alt for ivysaur. making the voice clips higher is probably all you need for this alt.
jeff and porky alt for lucas and ness
Lyn alt for marth
black night alt for ike
obvious Shadow for sonic is obvious, this would probably be better as one of the clone characters.
bowser jr alt for squirtle were all water graphics are now fire graphics.
dixie kong alt for diddy, minus the peanut gun and jetpack this could be a clone character she can still use bananas too.
Funky kong alt for Donkey Kong.
Leon powalski alt for wolf, he can just have different sfx
Jody Summer alt for captain falcon, yall need a female voice actor for her.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Am I the only one who wants to just see characters in their alternate outfits?

Fusion Suit Samus, Dry-Bones Bowser etc

Not Goku over Lucario or something.
That's kind of the reason I suggested Mighty for Sonic since he started off as one of his concept designs. That, and when it comes to alternate outfits or looks, Sonic is kinda lacking outside of his forms and the only one I could maybe see working for alternate colors is Darkspine.

I dunno, maybe Riders Sonic could work too, but I dunno how many people would actually want that. lol

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome. Not to bash on c-bliss, but this seems like a step up from c-bliss since it allows changes to projectiles, spell effects (doc's f-smash) and sound effects as well. Or maybe c-bliss supported this already and I just didn't know it.

How will this work on the character selection screen? Will the alts just show up as different costumes, or will they have their own character slots? At first I assumed the latter since an alt consists of more changes than just the costume, but I suppose the CSS could end up getting really cluttered in this case.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That's kind of the reason I suggested Mighty for Sonic since he started off as one of his concept designs. That, and when it comes to alternate outfits or looks, Sonic is kinda lacking outside of his forms and the only one I could maybe see working for alternate colors is Darkspine.

I dunno, maybe Riders Sonic could work too, but I dunno how many people would actually want that. lol
I just want the Sonic from Sonic and the Black Knight, but without the sword. That metal glove is so darn cool :(

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I think the Fire Emblem lords may be getting some love, as they really fit that simple (Alternate clothing scheme) criteria, and it's perfectly canon. As for the Links, I see toonlink getting a somewhat Young Link-ish swap, if he does get anything outside of the WindWaker swap (which I kind of doubt.). And Link could use a hybrid model........let's say......OoT tunic and boots, but retains his facial features and hairline. This is just my list of ideas, and I think it would be sweet to have folks work on some high caliber models for these. (That is, if the PMBR is willing to take the contribution. :/)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just want the Sonic from Sonic and the Black Knight, but without the sword. That metal glove is so darn cool :(
I wouldn't mind something akin to the Legacy Sonic mod from Generations where it's Sonic with different accessories he's worm from SA2 up to Black Knight.

But if that's too much, I'd say go with Mighty. Sonic's playstyle and even his voice still work perfectly with him.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Hoping for a Melee/OoT Link alt costume. And Melee/OoT Ganondorf and Zelda.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
SO THIS MEANS WE CAN HAVE SHADOW AND HIS RUN ANIMATION AND SOUNDS AND EVERYTHING?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Can we please limit the costumes to actual costumes instead of completely new characters?:facepalm:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can we please limit the costumes to actual costumes instead of completely new characters?:facepalm:
Not really, since not everyone actually has alternate costumes from their series.

Something close enough to it that wouldn't be a completely random character outside of their universe would work, though. For those characters, at least.

I want a Waluigi alternate for Captain Falcon
...This, for example, is something completely random and outside of Falcon's universe. Not the kind of thing that would work. XD;

Not sure why you want this...But here. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23983

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This is exactly what I wanted to see that I didn't believe was possible, Doctor Mario as an alternate costume for Mario with pills and all his other effects. Great job PMBR, you guys are in overdrive mode lately with blowing our minds, keep it up.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Wait what? HECK NO; Waluigi as an entirely new character pls
Like X1000. I'd really hope this would happen. In reality, I wouldn't give my hopes up on too many things mentioned here. However, this video is the epitome of awesome and now I can't wait for this game to be released.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I had a list somewhere based on alts I was putting in over single colors of my game.

Lemme see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom