• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Alternate Stage Code Guide

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Sometime later...

I have run into issues with both Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise when attempting to set up more than one alternate. My button combinations are L for _Z and Z for _Y. Attempting to load the _Y stages yields instead what is on the _Z slot. Weird stuff.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Sometime later...

I have run into issues with both Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise when attempting to set up more than one alternate. My button combinations are L for _Z and Z for _Y. Attempting to load the _Y stages yields instead what is on the _Z slot. Weird stuff.
Yup. You're always going to have issues with those two as far as I can tell. Aside from maybe someone doing an edited .rel file somehow (I have no idea) those two stages will always only have one alt.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm aiming to have 2 custom stages that have an ASL alt., but since their names for the custom stages all start with "CUST" is there a way around this? The two stages I plan on giving alts are these two:
Selmap 2.png
Selmap 2.png

Cookie Country/Cookie Country M Mario Circuit X/Mario Circuit Brawl

Edit: technically for Mario Circuit I was going to put it over Bowser's Castle and have that stage in a Custom slot, but I want to know if even having a custom stage slot with an ASL alt is even possible first.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Adding CUST to the ASL tool will generate alternate stages for every custom stage slot. You can work your way around this by adding duplicate stages to the rest of your custom stage slots.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Adding CUST to the ASL tool will generate alternate stages for every custom stage slot. You can work your way around this by adding duplicate stages to the rest of your custom stage slots.
So if I only add ASL slots to 2 of my custom stage slots, will I have to do the same for all the others, irregardless if I have alts for them or not?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
The tool should be updated to work with every stage especially those that have complicated file names. Maybe even work with BrawlEX (want to add Ridley eventually) and future versions of P:M and the expansion.

_Rhino

Smash Rookie
Having troubles getting normal smashville loading as an alternate i have beachville as the main but smashville as the alternate. i used asl tool but when I try to load up smashville the game freezes. Help please

Cynapse

Smash Ace
The tool should be updated to work with every stage especially those that have complicated file names. Maybe even work with BrawlEX (want to add Ridley eventually) and future versions of P:M and the expansion.
The tool is open source. Go get 'em.
Having troubles getting normal smashville loading as an alternate i have beachville as the main but smashville as the alternate. i used asl tool but when I try to load up smashville the game freezes. Help please
Did you make sure to set both the stage and it's .rel to load with the same button? I have what you're talking about in my custom build, no problems.

_Rhino

Smash Rookie
The tool is open source. Go get 'em.

Did you make sure to set both the stage and it's .rel to load with the same button? I have what you're talking about in my custom build, no problems.
No I haven't how would I do that?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten it to work with BrawlEX, and the tool seems to work with it (I still need to finish testing it).

Cynapse

Smash Ace
i downloaded all of them and none had the stage option
Redownload and try again. If it's still a bust, then I don't know what to tell you other than to read the first page of this thread and try whatever you're planning the manual way. Maybe get a fresh GCT.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
So I am having issues with ASL. Would like advice on how to do it manually.

I have successfully added an alt to FD but whenever I try to add an alt to one of the stages that already have one in PM, the game won't load.
Like it freezes before the strap file even loads. What is the problem? I know that there is two parts of ASL, one for pacs the other for rels. I update both.

I add one to the part of the ASL code that defines there is and everything but it still doesn't work.

I want to add one alt to both Delfino's Secret and Battlefield. Yes, I know that the pac file name for DS is STGDolpic.

Unfortunately, I cannot download Mewtwo's ASL tool right now so I need advice on how to work with ASL manually.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Your example instructions say 0140 is L, but 0140 is L+A. 0040 is L.

Just in case you want to change it! I found it out by reading the link you posted anyway, so people can find the right info already if they care to. No worries.

Obskore

Smash Ace
so let's say i have 3 battlefields with the same collisions and want to make the 3 have a chance of loading randomly.

PM Battlefield, PM Melee Battlefield and Theytah's 64 Battlefield
but i also want the default PM Battlefield to load if i normally press A like always, L for Melee and Z for 64

would i have to set their names to _A, _B, and _C respectively, and set the "randoms" to 3?
would i need a STGBATTLEFIELD.pac or get rid of any file with that exact name and just keep the suffixed ones?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So question, does anyone here know how to properly let stages that are alts to be chosen at random? When I added random stages to a slot it didn't work. What happened was when a stage was selected that was set up to have random alts, the main stage would load the original brawl stage instea of the PM version. The alts however still worked when using button combos. There was no ransom selection at all though.

Any ideas?

Obskore

Smash Ace
So question, does anyone here know how to properly let stages that are alts to be chosen at random? When I added random stages to a slot it didn't work. What happened was when a stage was selected that was set up to have random alts, the main stage would load the original brawl stage instea of the PM version. The alts however still worked when using button combos. There was no ransom selection at all though.

Any ideas?
that's exactly what happened to me, i made a more thorough take on the question though

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
You would probably be better off modding Project M Legacy XP as I believe they have tools to help you with that. You will have to research that though as I have never modded Legacy Xp.

All Things Gaming 6

Smash Apprentice
You would probably be better off modding Project M Legacy XP as I believe they have tools to help you with that. You will have to research that though as I have never modded Legacy Xp.
I tried it on PM+BrawlEX & it doesn't affect anything.

Also, if I switched to Legacy XP now, I'd have to clone everyone again, so, no thanks.

EDIT: Wait, Legacy XP has BrawlEX, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom