• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pm 3.5 Sempai's Build [Version 1 Update]

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Downloading now. Thank you for the 3.5 build -- I've been waiting for a worthwhile one to be released (unfortunate that Patt is no longer developing his but I'm glad others are continuing theirs)!

Sempai

Smash Ace
does this build implement the cBliss code for maximizing skins to 10 per character? if so, then I'll give it a try for sure.
Well I'm a little pressed for space at the moment, but every character has, if my memory serves correct, at least 8 costumes. There might be a few who have like 7 but 10 across the board is definately a plan later on.

Also, I tried to a good job breaking up the color schemes so their a lot of color options. So everybody can have one they like.

Apologize for length and format, on mobile at the moment.

Asdfpie

Smash Rookie
Lovin' the belts.
Going to try this tomorrow.

Also, thank you for making a 3.5 build, as it seems patt has discontinued his. You're awesome.

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
One question: does this have freeze-free solo modes as well (Classic, All-star, Stadium, SSE*)

*Not exactly expecting this mode to work, but it would be cool to go through SSE as Mewtwo! *crosses fingers*

Sempai

Smash Ace
One question: does this have freeze-free solo modes as well (Classic, All-star, Stadium, SSE*)

*Not exactly expecting this mode to work, but it would be cool to go through SSE as Mewtwo! *crosses fingers*
I have not once ran through one player mode on Pm at all, much less on my build.
I honestly have no idea, I wouldnt count on it but thinking about it, I dont see why it wouldnt work.

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Well, there were pm builds which were (nearly) freeze-proof in solo modes, but as a general rule, the more custom skins/characters there are, the less likely that solo modes would work. This was especially true for BrawlEX builds. Pikezer's v4.4.1 build had the most characters of any BrawlEX build I've ever seen (unless a newer one has been released with EVEN MORE characters/skins--haven't been to kc-mm.com for a minute).

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
I tried out the build with some friends today and I love it! So many nice neutral stages that I've never seen before. Awesome selection of skins and a great taste in music as well.

A couple things I've noticed, however, that I thought I should bring to your attention. Spear Pillar stage is completely black and you can't see anything besides the characters. I couldn't find L-Cancel % in the results screen after a battle. Also, stamina mode doesn't seem to be working correctly -- there was no settings for changing the blast-zones and knockback.

These could have been unique bugs I'm experiencing on my end. I've tried the stock 3.5 build and didn't experience any of these issues before. Let me know if they're on my end or if you experience them too. :)

Thanks for the sweet build, Sempai!

Sempai

Smash Ace
I tried out the build with some friends today and I love it! So many nice neutral stages that I've never seen before. Awesome selection of skins and a great taste in music as well.

A couple things I've noticed, however, that I thought I should bring to your attention. Spear Pillar stage is completely black and you can't see anything besides the characters. I couldn't find L-Cancel % in the results screen after a battle. Also, stamina mode doesn't seem to be working correctly -- there was no settings for changing the blast-zones and knockback.

These could have been unique bugs I'm experiencing on my end. I've tried the stock 3.5 build and didn't experience any of these issues before. Let me know if they're on my end or if you experience them too. :)

Thanks for the sweet build, Sempai!

Glad your enjoying it!

Ill check my build as well to see if Im getting the same thing.

Thx for reporting these bugs, I will get them fixed asap.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Mario has a cape texture glitch. I don't know if it's just me, but the texture on his cape seems to take an opponents texture.

but, other than that, I love the amount of stages. Just so many, and the music choice is 10/10.

Edit : Regarding the Stamina bug, It might be because you are using the 3.0 character selection screen instead of the 3.5. I am not technically savvy with Project M though, so not quite sure.

Last edited:

kenny77

Smash Rookie
hey sempai! i just notice u answer my last question lol sorry. but i just found both stages on brawl vault, and i am not sure if there is any competitive stage for shadow queen peach.
I was wondering, was that hannebow stage not a competitive stage because i really like how the project m team design that stage and i was hoping you could keep it.

Sempai

Smash Ace
hey sempai! i just notice u answer my last question lol sorry. but i just found both stages on brawl vault, and i am not sure if there is any competitive stage for shadow queen peach.
I was wondering, was that hannebow stage not a competitive stage because i really like how the project m team design that stage and i was hoping you could keep it.
Are you referring to slyloft?
I cant seem to find any lists with it included at the moment, and I have had several people complain about it in general.
The Main complaint being the stairs.

If you guys really like it tho, I can definitely bring it back.
There is always a "weakest" stage in my eyes so it can be brought back.

M Murphy

Smash Rookie
*waves hand* You want to put a download for a virtual SD card so it will work on dolphin *waves hand*

Sempai

Smash Ace
The virtual SD card writer I use is called WinImage.

But if your on dolphin just write one of the downloaded files on there.

Its the same download either way

kenny77

Smash Rookie
oh noo not the skyloft one..um its the green stage with just a flower and leaves and fishes appear to make music. look like this one (brawl version though). project m team made it different and balance on the 3.5 version

Sempai

Smash Ace
oh noo not the skyloft one..um its the green stage with just a flower and leaves and fishes appear to make music. look like this one (brawl version though). project m team made it different and balance on the 3.5 version
Eh, never thought it was that great of a stage honestly.

Sempai

Smash Ace
It should be, But as with PM its not perfectly stable.

Should be fine tho.

Also, if your referring to special mode multiplayer yes, single player has not been tested and Im not sure.

Last edited:

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27
Downloading version 1 right now! @ Sempai Sempai I just want to thank you for this build. Specifically the paper Mario track. Paper Mario is a great franchise and growing up I remember watching my brothers play TTYD then I played it and It does not get as much respect as it deserves. Thanks for putting that in. Your the only person that has even acknowledged Paper Mario in one of their builds that I've seen. Thanks.

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Hey Sempai, regarding the results screen; I realized that "Damage Recovered" is most likely displaying the L-Cancel percentage. It seems to display the correct value, just with the incorrect name.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Interesting, No idea how their names got changed.
Will look into it, thx Go Go Ganon.

@ Michael Howson Michael Howson , yah I always loved Paper Mario, lots of N64 games in fact.
For a while I had Banjo Kazooie/DK64 stages on here as well, but they ended up not making the cut.

Etan Yacatori

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to put this on dolphin on an android tablet like the nvidia shield?? Would be awesome if this worked for on the go 0.o

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
I'd really love to try out this build, but my brawl disk isn't the greatest, and never reads on it's first try. The new launcher is a big problem for me and usually I can just throw in an old boot.elf from 3.0 and it works fine with the old launcher. But when I replace your boot.elf with an old 3.0 one, after the code is applied and the game relaunches, I end up with an unplayable version of Brawl. I'd like to know if you have any ideas.

Last edited:

Wigls

Smash Rookie
This build is clutch. DL'ing later tonight. Do you have cbliss or are you using the 3.5 character slots? I haven't heard of cbliss working yet and I'm waiting to update my 3.0 build for when it comes out so if so this is good news.

Sempai

Smash Ace
3.5 character slots. I dont have cbliss, but theres what at least 7 costumes for each character?

Ive made sure to have a good color balance so theres at least a few skins that everybody likes

It is a 3.5 build straight up.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the best 3.5 build available right now, I might consider replacing impact crater but that's only because I think that stage is very ugly as for the other stages I like almost all of them.

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
I'd really love to try out this build, but my brawl disk isn't the greatest, and never reads on it's first try. The new launcher is a big problem for me and usually I can just throw in an old boot.elf from 3.0 and it works fine with the old launcher. But when I replace your boot.elf with an old 3.0 one, after the code is applied and the game relaunches, I end up with an unplayable version of Brawl. I'd like to know if you have any ideas.

Sempai

Smash Ace
The new launcher?

So IM guessing you have tried just taking the whole 3.5 launcher nd starting it that way?

If hackless / Stage builder doesnt work for you, that is a homebrew option that works as well.

Also, you could always, you know, obtain a new brawl "file"

Did that answer anything?

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
The new launcher?

So IM guessing you have tried just taking the whole 3.5 launcher nd starting it that way?

If hackless / Stage builder doesnt work for you, that is a homebrew option that works as well.

Also, you could always, you know, obtain a new brawl "file"

Did that answer anything?
I probably explained my problem terribly, but thank you for the reply. What I mean is, the post 3.02 launcher (Hackless, via stage builder) does not allow you to retry if your disk fails to read on the first try. If I try to use the current launcher, my disk will fail to read on it's first attempt, and it kicks me back to the Wii menu. If I use the 3.0 launcher, I can continue re-reading the disk until it works. The problem is, if I just go and replace the boot.elf in your build (swapping out the boot.elf with one from a 3.0 build will allow use of the old launcher) with one from, say, Theytah's build or default PM 3.0, something happens after I launch PM (after my disk is read and everything) that causes the code to not apply properly (I assume) and I just get an unplayable version of Brawl. This has worked fine with other post 3.02 builds though, I'm just not sure what the problem is right now, and I'm not sure if it's related to your build.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
I probably explained my problem terribly, but thank you for the reply. What I mean is, the post 3.02 launcher (Hackless, via stage builder) does not allow you to retry if your disk fails to read on the first try. If I try to use the current launcher, my disk will fail to read on it's first attempt, and it kicks me back to the Wii menu. If I use the 3.0 launcher, I can continue re-reading the disk until it works. The problem is, if I just go and replace the boot.elf in your build (swapping out the boot.elf with one from a 3.0 build will allow use of the old launcher) with one from, say, Theytah's build or default PM 3.0, something happens after I launch PM (after my disk is read and everything) that causes the code to not apply properly (I assume) and I just get an unplayable version of Brawl. This has worked fine with other post 3.02 builds though, I'm just not sure what the problem is right now, and I'm not sure if it's related to your build.

Sadly, that might be a 3.5 thing.

But if you havent saved and wiped off your enitre old 3.0 Pm build, do that.

Clean and or format ur sd card and try from scratch.

If that doesnt work theres one more option.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
Why are so many stages just repeats of other stages? I like Smashville and Yoshi's Story but I don't need like 5 of them.

Sempai

Smash Ace
They are recolors and arent different. But the idea is to make sure the player gets to play competitive stages a good deal of the time.

There are other stages with different lay outs as well.
But with 78 stages to get them somewhat often, there needs to be multiples.

Also everyone loves smashville, and there are great and flavorful smashville stages.
i personally love yoshis story.
However I am considering removing a couple YS for the next update

Hope this explains

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
There doesn't need to be multiples of each stage. There's a bunch of good competitive stages on the Vault. Xermo and Theytah have good selections; I see you have some of their stages, even.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
There doesn't need to be multiples of each stage. There's a bunch of good competitive stages on the Vault. Xermo and Theytah have good selections; I see you have some of their stages, even.
I have done builds not having even one multiple stage before. However, like I previously mentioned, as a competitive player myself I like to have a few versions of the popular stages.

If I only had 1 FD, I wouldn't see it nearly as much as I wanted to.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I mean, for that, just pick Final Destination when you want to play on it.
But hey, to each his own.

Sempai

Smash Ace
I mean, for that, just pick Final Destination when you want to play on it.
But hey, to each his own.
I see your point. The way most people play, at least around me, is to just random stage.

To not waste time looking for a specific stage.

But with all the different options I have here, trying to combine the two ideas to get the best of both worlds

Top Bottom