• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please read this, everyone needs to know this.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
You can't put your friend code in your custom taunt and expect to play people later that way! The reason why is because you can't even use custom taunts in with anyone online. And how the hell would you write it down people, seriously, think. And you need to exchange friend codes. So you would need there, and they would need yours. It just isn't logical.

I've seen maybe 6 people today saying this will solve everything. But it won't, because you can't.

Sakurai already told us how to get codes. Over the phone or through e-mail.

And "with friends" means with friends, not "with people who your friends know but are strangers to you'

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
you dont get it, do you?

you join a match with your friend, ok? Then say there is some1 who ISNT on you friends list, but is in the match you join because your friend has him on his friend list. then your friends friend puts their friend code in their taunt, BAM! you got their friend code

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
you dont get it, do you?

you join a match with your friend, ok? Then say there is some1 who ISNT on you friends list, but is in the match you join because your friend has him on his friend list. then your friends friend puts their friend code in their taunt, BAM! you got their friend code
That is assuming we can do that. For all we know, you can't play against anyone unless they are on your friends list. Period. In fact "With Friends" implies that. And with your logic, why not ask your friend if he can give you any good players' FCs? But the point of this thread was to stop all the people from thinking that you can give a random person you don't know (With Anyone) your FC. You can't.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
For me, I see 2 flaws with putting your friend codes as a taunt.

1. They don't have the time to write it down..
2. Don't you need both people's friend codes to be able to consider each other friends? So even if you posted yours, you'd have to make sure they posted theirs as well.

I'm not saying posting your friends code won't work. But I am saying it won't work as much as you'd expect.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
For me, I see 2 flaws with putting your friend codes as a taunt.

1. They don't have the time to write it down..
2. Don't you need both people's friend codes to be able to consider each other friends? So even if you posted yours, you'd have to make sure they posted theirs as well.

I'm not saying posting your friends code won't work. But I am saying it won't work as much as you'd expect.
Excellent point.

And guys, don't be surprised when we can only play someone online in "With Friends" if we are already there friend. I highly doubt you'll be able to play with a friend of a friend, because everyone wouldn't be playing with friends.

Canvas

Smash Cadet
you dont get it, do you?

...now what would be the point of that? In addition to the other problems mentioned already,

1) It would be a lot more simple and quicker for your friend to give both people the other player's FC.
2) You could always just arrange some meeting online. Chatrooms, message boards, or even e-mail. Every single one of those options is easier than that idea. :/

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I don't want to make friends with someone I DON'T KNOW and do it DURING a match. I will just post my codes right here, with my real friends (other friends use drugs, not Melee).

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If people want to play against players they face on the "with anyone" section, then Sakurai should do what's done on the ds (wifi part) version of metroid prime, where when you face against someone, you can request for them to add you (it was only done at the end of the match though).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If people want to play against players they face on the "with anyone" section, then Sakurai should do what's done on the ds (wifi part) version of metroid prime, where when you face against someone, you can request for them to add you (it was only done at the end of the match though).
I humbly whole-heartedly agree!

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Not having a request would be terrible, however what we have sounds pretty bad so don't be surprised if we don't see it.

Top Bottom