• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please lock

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Regardless of who as a person he is, he is your father.

He spawned you. You owe him everything.

It's good to get all that emotion out there, but try to connect with him and show him you are his child and you need the relationship and so does he.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I really hate people like this... All I can say is, wait till you are free in college and ditch his sorry ***. You might as well suck up until then, I hate to say it but parents can usually make or break your life. He IS your father, as TheManaLord pointed out, and there is that 'respect' issue. I have a very good friend whos parents are divorced, and her dad (while not exactly like this) is also a ****, disses her at every opportunity, rubs in how disappointed he is at her, ditches her in a f*cking foreign country, it's ridiculous. People like this really need to get kicked in the balls if you ask me, but then that just makes things worse.

Basically, you have to live with it for now, and maybe something horrible happened in his life that made him this way (no excuse to take it out on others though), but if it's really that bad, go far away for college and don't assosciate with your parents after that. I know it sounds mean to most, but sometimes people deserve it, and only you can be the judge of that... Best of luck working things out though, don't cause unnecessary problems.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I also know people like that, mostly ex-girlfriends. They act nice and polite when you are new to them, knida shy if you want to say so. Once they get along with you some time, they think they could allow to do anything.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Well, maybe he's not AS much of a douche as this topic says but....its so easy to get him to hate you...that is kind of douchy though. And he does have an inflated sense of pride. He can be a cool guy...but its easy to get him to dislike you and some people have gotten on his bad side for something so ******** most people would prolly forget it within a week, however my dad is very anal about it. Thats why he's on my bad side. And yeah he does have the anger issues I mentioned...its mainly just how he gets so pissed off at people over stupid **** that makes me so angry at him.

mzink*

Smash Ace
My stepmother is like that, she is polite and suck-up ish to peoples faces but then talks all kinds of trash about them as soon as they turn their backs. I don't really hate her for it or anything, but someone that I see as not being worthy of an ounce of trust because they are so two faced, is held in pretty low esteem for me. I mostly just tolerate and avoid her and give her no leverage to pull crap like that on me. One time she did get me though, I mumbled something about one of my friends being too demanding of my attention, and she rushed to tell that friend "all the horrible things I'd said" when literally the only thing I said was that she was a little demanding of attention from me. I found that to be extremely childish and vindictive. She's supposed to be the ADULT in the relationship, not a freakin high school gossip *****. But other than butting heads on that matter, we tolerate each other alright.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Mods please lock. At the time (last night) when I posted this, I was extremely pissed off at my dad don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed at him, but I think alot of the stuff I said was really over exaggerated. My dad is a cool guy, although I won't lie, getting on his bad side isn't hard, thats the main reason why I got pissed at him.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
What are the kinds of things he does to people (and you) that's bad? if it's too personal, then don't worry about my question.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
nah, its not abusive, he can just be a douche to people over the most simple things, the reason I want it locked is cause I feel I should deal with this in personal matters

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see your point, so you just wrote this to get some weight of your chest. So by what I'm seeing is that this thread was only a one time moment sort of disscussion, correct? (I can understand you, but I just like to see if I'm correct)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
yeah pretty much, I just don't feel that I should be posting family matters on the internet and I should be dealing with it with my family instead of posting it here, thats why I deleted my post

Top Bottom