• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please let us have it

xigon

Smash Apprentice
As the guide to the story of the subspace has been officially revealed on DOJO!!, the told us of a video which was cut about Meta-Knight, the subspace emmissary and King DeDeDe.

I am an all on Meta-Knight user, I really want to see the vid.

If I could humbly ask the devs of SSBB, through Wi-Fi, send us the vid so it could be in our video section in the options.

Or, put it up on smash DOJO!!! or here at SWF so it could be uploaded into a sd card and then reloaded in our game.

My point is...

PLEASE SHOW US THAT VID!!!!! I LOVE META-KNIGHT.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
We need to see it! I have always asked myself how Metaknight's ship was hijacked in the first place. I'd really like to see the scene as originally developed; it's a crucial scene that should have stayed in.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We need to see it! I have always asked myself how Metaknight's ship was hijacked in the first place. I'd really like to see the scene as originally developed; it's a crucial scene that should have stayed in.
Yeah, honestly; they had to cut this scene? Of all scenes? I was wondering the whole time "How the heck did Meta Knight lose his ship?" There isn't any voice acting to fill you in, like there is in movies so that they can delete the scenes (heck, they even include said scenes with the DVD) If you didn't read the Dojo, you would have no clue. You could argue that a lot of stuff was hard to figure out without the Dojo, but everything else could be interpreted in the whole thing. Plus, they're not extremely essential, they're just interesting little tidbits.

I agree, how about one day, instead of sending us yet another Homerun Contest or Target Test replay, they send us a permanent video that we can keep; this cutscene.
Said video would be permanently up on the server or whatever. In other words, if you didn't connect that day, you'd get it the next time you did connect. Then, it would go straight to "Movies" so it stays there permanently.

Oh yeah, off-topic question, but it's been bugging me for a while; does everyone get the same daily Snapshot/Replay/Stage? I assumed that they do, but I've heard people talking like they don't. (I thought of this because I was talking about it being submitted as a Replay)

Bone64

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I would like it if Nintendo showed us the cut scene.

But it's ok.

Cero

Smash Lord
lord_luigi; said:
Who says they completely finished making this cutscene? I mean, really.
well...if Sakurai decided to get the scene cut halfway through the making of it...then I'd probably be forced to do this:
SAKURAAAIII!!! :mad:

but-assuming they did finish the scene and then decided to scrap it later on in production...why?
I mean it's not like they needed to free up space or something (I heard that the second layer of the disk was barely used)

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, honestly; they had to cut this scene? Of all scenes? I was wondering the whole time "How the heck did Meta Knight lose his ship?" There isn't any voice acting to fill you in, like there is in movies so that they can delete the scenes (heck, they even include said scenes with the DVD) If you didn't read the Dojo, you would have no clue. You could argue that a lot of stuff was hard to figure out without the Dojo, but everything else could be interpreted in the whole thing. Plus, they're not extremely essential, they're just interesting little tidbits.

I agree, how about one day, instead of sending us yet another Homerun Contest or Target Test replay, they send us a permanent video that we can keep; this cutscene.
Said video would be permanently up on the server or whatever. In other words, if you didn't connect that day, you'd get it the next time you did connect. Then, it would go straight to "Movies" so it stays there permanently.

Oh yeah, off-topic question, but it's been bugging me for a while; does everyone get the same daily Snapshot/Replay/Stage? I assumed that they do, but I've heard people talking like they don't. (I thought of this because I was talking about it being submitted as a Replay)
well it adds mystery to the mode.......

also before meta-knight joined my team i though he was on the other side until the primids started attacking him...........

but it isn't so i would like to see it also

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I hate to spoil your fun, but if I had to guess, I'd say the only place this scene actually exists is in Sakurai's head. It doubt they'd go through all the trouble of animating it and not stick it in the game somewhere. Even the early trailer videos got included in the extras, so I don't see why this wouldn't. Unless they thought it was too violent for an E rating or something (and I really, really doubt that).

xigon

Smash Apprentice
I hate to spoil your fun, but if I had to guess, I'd say the only place this scene actually exists is in Sakurai's head. It doubt they'd go through all the trouble of animating it and not stick it in the game somewhere. Even the early trailer videos got included in the extras, so I don't see why this wouldn't. Unless they thought it was too violent for an E rating or something (and I really, really doubt that).
Well, probably that they had the vid in a beta or alpha version then they removed it for ? reason. So if the didn't delete the vid, they could upload t or something.

Pi

Smash Hero
Perhaps they thought the scene would create imbalance among the players. Like...the scene was so ****ing good that anyone who viewed it would have no choice but to 'main' dedede or meta knight!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Unfortunately, you're probably right. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to make a fully animated scene and then take it out.

Still, they probably had a very basic version of it set up, if only a bunch of rough sketches. It would've been nice as an added extra, maybe an unlockable for getting 100% on SSE (since they neglected to reward people for that).

Violence definitely wasn't a piece either, because it's rated Teen, so it'd have to be pretty bad to step out of the rating they had.

P.S. Your name is awesome. SA2 song reference for the win. :)

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, you're probably right. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to make a fully animated scene and then take it out.

Still, they probably had a very basic version of it set up, if only a bunch of rough sketches. It would've been nice as an added extra, maybe an unlockable for getting 100% on SSE (since they neglected to reward people for that).

Violence definitely wasn't a piece either, because it's rated Teen, so it'd have to be pretty bad to step out of the rating they had.

P.S. Your name is awesome. SA2 song reference for the win. :)
Thanks. Always nice to see another Sonic fan. Plus the name fits with the fact that I play Yoshi, which is a nice bonus. But yeah, I wish smash bros had some nice concept art/storyboards included with the other extras (ala Metroid Prime), I'd like to see that.

Top Bottom