• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help, noob here.

Lozfanyoit

Smash Rookie
Hello smashers. I'm a link main in ssbu and really struggling. I've looked up videos that all say "Don't be predictable, stop rolling/shielding too much or not enough, master movements etc" and I do all that, but I'm still struggling. I don't arrows and roll a ton and typical link stuff like that. I use mixups like changing the ways I get back from the ledge and spotdodges instead of shields, etc. I don't just spam and mix things up with tilts, and approaching i use dair and fair normally. Out of shield i change things up, like using grounded Upb instead of a grab. Despite all this, at 1mil gsp ish I consistently get absoutley bodied. People always read everything i do, space me out perfectly and punish every attack that misses. And then I lose like 600k gsp and have to grind back up. I'm not trying to be salty, just legitemately asking for advice. I do use mixups and everything in my toolkit and bomb setups, etc but get 2 stocked most times. Please help

(Also, please don't say "just play more smash" or "git gud u scrub eksdee", just troll and tbag on someone else.)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
A video would help, preferably one where you lose. You should watch your own replays of you losing and see what went wrong. I'd also recommend you observe how IzAw plays as Link, as well as watch his videos on what you should be doing. Don't worry about GSP. It doesn't make sense how you could be above 999,999 other players, lose one match, and then be at 600k. Skill doesn't work like that.

link2702

Smash Champion
video's always help. It's far harder to help someone if we don't have any real way to analyze what you're doing wrong/right in an actual match.

ouchy

Ouch
Hello smashers. I'm a link main in ssbu and really struggling. I've looked up videos that all say "Don't be predictable, stop rolling/shielding too much or not enough, master movements etc" and I do all that, but I'm still struggling. I don't arrows and roll a ton and typical link stuff like that. I use mixups like changing the ways I get back from the ledge and spotdodges instead of shields, etc. I don't just spam and mix things up with tilts, and approaching i use dair and fair normally. Out of shield i change things up, like using grounded Upb instead of a grab. Despite all this, at 1mil gsp ish I consistently get absoutley bodied. People always read everything i do, space me out perfectly and punish every attack that misses. And then I lose like 600k gsp and have to grind back up. I'm not trying to be salty, just legitemately asking for advice. I do use mixups and everything in my toolkit and bomb setups, etc but get 2 stocked most times. Please help

(Also, please don't say "just play more smash" or "git gud u scrub eksdee", just troll and tbag on someone else.)
there are 74 characters in smash honestly if i were you i would experiment and see if you find the character that naturally fits in your play style, maybe kink isn't the one :/ <3 and also online is just not good in smash, make sure you have the game knowledge before you go into online

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
I’m a link main myself and im around 3,9 to 4,1 mil GSP. I can only tell what works for me although I doubt I’m really a good player yet since i don’t win much on locals.

Bomb, Bomerang and Arrows (in that particular order) are my most important tools for creating an opening. Either though a hit with one of them or though the enemy being conditioned to shield making him weak to grabs. If you have the time and space always throw a bomb or a boomerang and don’t be afraid to come across as a projectile spammer. As long as you don’t run from edge to edge hiding like a coward it’s fine.
If you get a opening you can attack with nair and fair (watch your spacing).

If a enemy has closed the distance you should use nair and up b out of shield. If they are behind or coming from above up tilt might be a good option (swing starts behind you). If that doesn’t work create some space and start your projectile game.

Watch some professionals on YouTube. That might be good for you.

Hope this helps a bit

Top Bottom