• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Help My Peach (yet more videos added) :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion

$BONE$

Smash Ace
advice i could give to you is to find more experienced players. no offense. all your opponents seemed really predictable to you, you had the upperhand the whole entire time which isnt a bad thing.. lol. but, i didnt really see any serious spacing, adapting or any mindgames at all. your opponents didnt really fake you out and weren't as good as you. which made it pretty boring..

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol we're all pretty inexperienced... I've only been playing for about a year or so, and the melon is the only one of us who has been playing that long too . However, there are some more experienced people in the area. I'll try to get some videos of them ****** me :)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Thats a good idea. It's easier to help someone who is losing than someone who is winning anyway. If you're losing, we can tell you why you're losing. If you're winning, you're probably doing something right, at least in that match.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Updated with a new video... I took a few of me getting beat by other people, but they're on someone else's computer :(. If I can, I'll upload those, but this is all I have until then. Does anyone have any advice for me? Any stupid mistakes I'm making? please help me lol :). I'm going to a tournament this saturday, so I'm trying to get all the help I can. Anyway, help me please!

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I watched the two Falco matches.

- Nice powershielding. Always helps to frustrate your opponent's approach.
- Work on chaingrabbing spacies. I don't think you tried it once in the first match and the few attempts in the second vid were unsuccessful. Practicing that will give you a greater advantage in the matchup.
- Mix up your approaches a little more. Keep 'em guessing.

Overall, a solid Peach that just needs to raise its proficiency in some areas. Good work.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I think I shield too much too :(. It's a habit I can't seem to get rid of. And I definitely need to practice my chainthrowing. lol thanks for the advice :)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Lets see... One thing I can say is in your new video your spamming the nair too much. Doing that will eventually make you too predictable. Put a little bit more variety into your moves and you'll do a lot better.

Your peach is pretty good, but try and fight some better people or more. The more people you fight the more experience you gain.

Pretty good tech skill, but the mindgames are lacking and I think you shield too much.
Also as he said above work on your mind games as well. Mind games are very important. Also that shield thing, I have the same problem too. It's kinda of a habit I'm trying to break. So far I'm making progress. My bro is a quick player. He forces me into my shield and with his great reaction chain grabs me to my doom.

Anyways just pratice the stuff we mentioned and you'll do fine.

Also I recommend you take a look at XIF and Mike G's ditto match. It helps a lot.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Updated with new videos, finally got those matches of me getting owned by pav :(. Please critique!

Top Bottom