• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please dont judge me when i ask this but...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
MK is worse than Marth? Looks like I'm going to have to go see what Mario has on Marth then.

... Maybe I just have so much MK experience I'm unphased by the character... *shrugs*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Or your opponents don't know how to play MK to the extent of homosexuality....

Just sayin'
Lol Monk.

No, I've played some decent MKs, but I don't know.
I usually play Kirby against it, and while I don't remember ever winning with Mario against a decent MK, I don't remember getting destroyed either.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
all MK really needs to do...is out space and throw in a few tornados cause Mario's options for dealing with tornado are...sub par at best
WHAT?! FLUDD sends the tornado flying really high up (I have no idea why) which leaves MK in fall special for what seems ages!

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
thank you sooo much for the info....i didnt know ddd had an infinite on mario lol.

i guess monk/honkey/banana and fromundaman can continue their conversation lolz.

btw sorry again but what is marios worst counter pick stage?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
MK is worse than Marth? Looks like I'm going to have to go see what Mario has on Marth then.

... Maybe I just have so much MK experience I'm unphased by the character... *shrugs*
Marth isn't god. He is a lot more punishable than one would suspect. If Marth whiffs a KO move on your shield, you can almost always punish it with a reverse F-smash.

Fireballs help bring Marth closer to you. B-air out of shield does well countering him when he approaches. You can edgeguard him very well with Nair and Cape.

Of course, Marth is better at punishing than Mario and has overall a more solid moveset, but he isn't really broken. Actually his out of shield game is pretty broken, but that's about it. There is definitely a way to outplay a good Marth if you're smart.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Marth isn't god. He is a lot more punishable than one would suspect. If Marth whiffs a KO move on your shield, you can almost always punish it with a reverse F-smash.

Fireballs help bring Marth closer to you. B-air out of shield does well countering him when he approaches. You can edgeguard him very well with Nair and Cape.

Of course, Marth is better at punishing than Mario and has overall a more solid moveset, but he isn't really broken. Actually his out of shield game is pretty broken, but that's about it. There is definitely a way to outplay a good Marth if you're smart.
Very true. I just figured Mario got too outranged by Marth to really do much except camp and hope to gimp. I can't say I've really played that matchup much though.

Also, yeah, D3's infinite is nasty... (Actually, it's not a true infinite is it? It's still nasty either way though...)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wasn't there a thread saying he had to pummel after every 5th one, and that you could break out during his pummels?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It was something like that, but I don't know enough about D3's Infinate Grab to elaborate. However, from what I've come to understand, it's quite hard.

Edit: Read it, and he does indeed have to pummel you after the 5th grab. I still think it'd be difficult to get out of, however.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
He stands there, and re-grabs you. It's pretty simple.

It happens due to some thing where he can re-grab you while you're falling away from him.

Top Bottom