• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please critique this Mario.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm not sure if I should be making a separate thread for this, but I'll make one anyways.

Frank's just another Mario user wanting to get better, he could really use some advice/comments on what he should improve on.

Frank Vs. Samus (Yoh)*

Frank Vs. Ussi (Ike)

(The second videos goes a bit of sync around the first kill.)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
A couple things...

There is already a "Rate my Mario" thread where you should be posting this.

I would also like to see a better demonstration of his actual playstyle. Can he provide videos of offline play that aren't 3 minute replays, preferably from a tournament? Wifi skews a lot of information with regards to input delay and lag, how he adapts against an opponent over the course of multiple matches, and so on. I'd also like to see more 'serious' play from him if he wants to be critiqued.

From what I watched, he plays standard, went for some silly stuff. He should be more patient on recovery so he doesn't get caught by an edgehog like that. Made some poor judgement calls, such as picking bad times to charge AND use FLUDD, rolling into attacks, et. al.

He generally remained aggressive, which I like, but he does not pay enough heed to what his opponent is going to do. He acts before he thinks, which resulted in him getting hit by too many stupid attacks. If he does not work on this aspect of his game he will have difficulty beating superior opponents.

Please try to get offline matches instead, wifi can be blamed for a lot of this.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Frank is probably better than me. Or he's going to be better than me really soon. He basically seems to know how to control Mario, but all that remains is making better choices.

I don't like Jab cancels very much, but he's got them down better than me, and his reaction is pretty quick. That Jab cancel he did at the edge during 2:00, either he was trying to get too fancy or messed up his timing, but he should have done a tilt or a D-smash there.

One other thing he could do more, use Cape for aerial spacing.

Vs that Samus, he tried to U-air too much when liek D-air was coming from a significant distance. I would have Up-Bed out of shield personally at 0:31.

Vs that Ike, mainly he just lost because he was a bit too aggressive. Vs Ike, there isn't much point in approaching him since that is what he wants you to do. Especially when he's charging Smashes. I just fireball camp when he charges a smash.

On Yoshis, you can also SHD-air -> B-air if you go down in elevation. This is quite useful.

All in all very solid Mario.

Top Bottom