• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please come to Viridian City 9 and support 2 years of awesome smash tournaments!!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,

I announced Viridian City 9 today. It will be on Sat Jan 29th of 2011. With that being said I wanted to invite all of you to attend this event. So I know you will have a few questions about this and I will answer them as such.

1 - Link to event : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207627

2 - Housing : Most of you will be coming a day or so before. For those, the venue will be a hotel. The hotel prices are at 112/night which ( if 4 people share ) is $28 a night ( cheaper if you get more people obviously ). That is a great price for those just looking to crash before or after the tournament ( or both. Others who need 3-5 days housing will get housed by some of our local smashers in ny/nj. Smashers like myself, Xivk, Rizmf, and others will be willing to house all those willing to come to this tournament.

3 - Why this tournament : The question is not why but why not. My tournaments are the most consistent and well run tournaments in the United States. That being said I have proven why I am the best TO in the nation and anyone can answer that I can help everyone and anyone needing it.

4 - Prices : Venue $10 ( its a giant hotel ) Singles $10 and Doubles $10 per person. Standard prices but if financial assistance is needed please PM me and we can work something out. As our guests we will be happy to help out with Food ( provided by VG bootcamp at the venue ) on the house if you guys want.

5 - Community : The NY/NJ community is a great community. We strive to help all those willing to come to our events. Please support and come down and bring all those you want.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Alex Strife

swordgard

Smash Hero
People should seriously consider going to this, close to canada+awesome TO+great attendance=worth going for anyone.

Il talk about it to people in canada.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll probably go to this, seeing as it's cheaper and closer than Pound V. If I could get housed somewhere, that'd be great. It'll just be getting there that'll be the biggest problem, though I've got a couple of months to figure that out. Rules regarding wireless controllers? I play with CCPro, so I need to know.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I am interested, however getting down there is the hardest part, swordgard pm me if you figure something out i'd be glad to go.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
no issues with CC controllers at my events. Just make sure u take out the battery on the wiimote .

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well that would be something king kong and ally would know best

but.....

Bus From Montreal to New York City
Effective thru January 10, 2011
Adult Fare: $ 84.00 One Way US Dollars
$139.00 Round Trip US Dollars
Depart from Montreal Arrive in New York City Frequency
7:30 am
4:45 pm
Daily
9:00 am#
6:15 pm#
Daily#
11:15 am*
8:15 pm*
Fri & Sun Only*
5:00 pm
1:20 am
Daily
9:00 pm
4:30 am
Thurs, Fri & Sun Only
10:30 pm#
6:15 am#
Daily#
11:00 pm
6:15 am
Thurs, Fri & Sun Only
11:45 pm
7:15 am
Daily
# This schedule is available for sale online at www.trailwaysny.com
* This trip will also operate on Wed, Nov 24th
Bus from New York City to Montreal
Effective thru January 10, 2011
Adult Fare: $ 84.00 One Way US Dollars
$139.00 Round Trip US Dollars
Depart from New York City Arrive in Montreal Frequency
12:01 am
7:55 am
Daily
8:30 am
4:55 pm
Daily
11:15 am#
8:05 pm#
Daily#
11:30 am*
7:25 pm*
Fri & Sun Only*
1:30 pm*
9:20 pm*
Fri & Sun Only*
6:30 pm#
3:10 am#
Daily#
9:00 pm
5:20 am
Daily
11:00 pm
6:20 am
Fri & Sun Only

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
housing should not be a problem just post in teh thread or hit me up and i'll refer you to rizmf or other players :)

just bumping cause of the new system guys do not forget to bring setups and bring lots of people I wanna do pools!

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
housing should not be a problem just post in teh thread or hit me up and i'll refer you to rizmf or other players :)

just bumping cause of the new system guys do not forget to bring setups and bring lots of people I wanna do pools!
Another question: For the transport, is it the same way than Apex? I mean we get off at the same train station or another one? And if it's too far from the train station, will there be some people picking us up at the station?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we will have people picked up from the station also there is a bus that picks up people from teh hotel

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger ***** niger

Top Bottom